Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
DxV04
Tolvo
vageta31
WyrmHero
Rin
Magnetic North
10 posters

Welp! I'm Out!

Magnetic North
    Magnetic North

Welp! I'm Out! Empty Welp! I'm Out!

Post by Magnetic North Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:22 am

I've had fun building turtles and cheap back stabbers but I am done folks. Every battle I get into these days is a 2v1 or some crazy off the wall shtuff happens or a combination of both. I'm not going to sit here and let lazy game design cause pinched nerves. I've been on the receiving end of a 40 foot frontal back stab for the last time. This game is likely to be shelved or modded to play offline. Have fun guys, I'm migrating to AC: v

not sure why I think From willl do better in AC I just want to play it i guess. 😕 :silent: tongue :| :roll: winking :evil: :shock: 😢 :x lol sad :o

I will honestly probably stick around to see if they fix things up, but my hopes are very slim. Oh, and I am tired of people shrugging off 3 WotG's spells in a row like I threw a bag of marshmallows at them. Extra Jet Puffed.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Welp! I'm Out! Empty Re: Welp! I'm Out!

Post by Rin Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:42 am

ok...
    the drs lag thing is coused by the sercers now being worldwide unlike ghe ones in ds so unless u want to wait a day for ur summon u got 2 bare through the laggers... if u love drs get a better net cheers
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:54 am

You can join Fight Club if you want clean fights. It's really fun, I would have quit playing months ago if it weren't for this forum. cheers
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:20 am

Wait... You admit to making cheap back stab characters and complain that people can shrug off 3 of your WoG's in a row but then gripe about others killing you in pvp? My troll sense is tingling... Most people complain about being the receiving end of WoG's and you're complaining because you can't kill others with yours. Most complain that they want to fight honorably and everyone resorts to backstab fishing, yet you openly claim you have made these types of characters.
    This is the exact reason why nothing in the game can truly be fixed. Everyone has their own complains about it and no matter what From does they can't fix it for each individual's wants. Considering lag is connection related, From can do nothing about it. They aren't going to open servers and patch in some new code after the game has been out for 6 months so there is no point in waiting around for what will never happen.
    Have you ever once considered that some of the folks you were backstabbing probably were "40 feet" away from you when it happened? "Lagstabs" are only viewable on the receiving end, the person doing it to you can never tell what it looks like on your end.
    So many people accuse others of cheating with lag because they assume the other person is somehow using some cheap glitch to stab you in this way, when in reality they're just playing normally like you. If you're experienced enough in pvp then you realize how this works and don't allow a situation where it can happen. Nowadays if I get backstabbed it's literally because I opened myself up and no one else's fault but my own.
    Most of the higher level pvp players never complain about this kind of stuff. Why? Because it doesn't effect them that often. They don't open their back to an opponent for even a split second therefore they can't be backstabbed. Those that often get lagstabbed are people who unintentionally give the opponent the opportunity without even realizing it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:07 am

Actually a little something you can do to tell the lag easily. Get close to a person and strafe, you may appear like you're BS fishing but you can see easily if you then back up. If there is seriously a bad connection, they'll target something and strafe around, then suddenly snap onto you. If the connection is good, they'll just follow you. This is how Lagstabbing works actually, because on your screen you'll see them locked onto something else strafing around it, meaning their back is open. They can then be backstabbed by you, while on their screen they are facing you. So really, you can find out if a person or you are lagging, and then set it up appropriately so that your back won't face them using that information.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:22 am

That's effectively how counter backstabbing works. Right before they reach your back you simply sidestep behind them. On your screen they're targeted on an empty space, while on their screen they think they're almost behind you. Often they will click their button thinking they're going to backstab you but then they see you instantly warp behind them.

This is essentially what most people refer to as a "lagstab" and they think you somehow cheated to do it when in fact they were the ones who effectively set it up for themselves. When somone gets a true "lagstab" as in they're 50 feet away and all the sudden you're in the animation then that has nothing to do with "cheap" and everything to do with latency.

Here is a true lagstab and it had nothing to do with From or a cheating player. From can't fix this kind of stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfwwaCPuKJM

Notice where they are when I'm all the sudden getting backstabbed.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:25 am

Funny thing is I've actually seen Weirder Lagstabs, one in the forest comes to mind actually, and I think I know what happened. Sometimes when you get lagstabbed you continue to move, and the game registers this. Well, one time I backstabbed a guy in the Forest, and he just kept moving, then he hit a hill, accelerated, then just vanished. I waited a good minute, when I suddenly got the target destroyed message. Now, again I don't know if he was telling the truth or not, but I asked him what happened and he messaged me saying he landed in Firelink and died. I've actually seen this happen a lot in the Painting of Ariamis near the bonfire against farmers there.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:01 am

what vegeta said. your post is bordeline trolling since you claim the game will give you pinched nervers because of lazy game design. I highly doubt that you know as much or more about game design than FROM.

With that said my personal message to you don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I am sure you will find more lazy game design in AC.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:05 am

Magnetic North wrote:I've had fun building turtles and cheap back stabbers but I am done folks. Every battle I get into these days is a 2v1 or some crazy off the wall shtuff happens or a combination of both. I'm not going to sit here and let lazy game design cause pinched nerves. I've been on the receiving end of a 40 foot frontal back stab for the last time. This game is likely to be shelved or modded to play offline. Have fun guys, I'm migrating to AC: v

not sure why I think From willl do better in AC I just want to play it i guess. 😕 :silent: tongue :| :roll: winking :evil: :shock: 😢 :x lol sad :o

I will honestly probably stick around to see if they fix things up, but my hopes are very slim. Oh, and I am tired of people shrugging off 3 WotG's spells in a row like I threw a bag of marshmallows at them. Extra Jet Puffed.

id highly advise switching yr game style to sumthin more fun

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:07 am

More people rage quiting cause they can't pvp?

PS: Doing a little pvp myself in the burg haven't been jumped once today.
    Magnetic North
    Magnetic North

Post by Magnetic North Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Man, if I knew I was going to be flamed this hard I might have kept my mouth shut. To try and start off positive I want to thank Wyrm for understanding the post. Clearly you read in between the lines. It's actually kind of hard to believe anyone read this topic besides Wyrm. I think most people took the "I'm out" in the title as a offensive or slanderous connotation. Allow me to explain.

:face:

Wait... You admit to making cheap back stab characters and complain that people can shrug off 3 of your WoG's in a row

I'm not sure if you know how this game is played, much less how Wrath of the God's works.

Wotg's is not called Marshmallow Parade. It is tactically the most useful spell a faith user has especially if you want to do something different from what everyone else is doing (this being not wearing heavy armor with DWGR). I think it is also important to take a look at the context in which I openly admitted to building the only 2 builds people use in the game. (While you are at it look at what I just wrote and see how you missed so much information based on the way I wrote my OP).

TLDR: WotG's is tailored to do two things. Knock down and do mild damage. People never do anything outside of what has been known to work which is really fast back stab builds and heavy turtle builds.

then gripe about others killing you in pvp? My troll sense is tingling...

I have to say bravo to you for not actually addressing my post with full comprehension of the content while at the same time slandering me. Good show sir... I believe my words were...

Every battle I get into these days is a 2v1 or some crazy off the wall shtuff happens or a combination of both.
    I've been on the receiving end of a 40 foot frontal back stab for the last time.

So no I am not complaining about dying in PvP. I am saying I am fed up with lag stabs and piss poor battle connections. Telling some one you are fed up is not a complaint if you were wondering. it's a statement that refers to the actions one is going to take based on the satisfaction level of the content. A complaint would require a person to expect a response. I did not, especially in the format of flaming me.

Most people complain about being the receiving end of WoG's and you're complaining because you can't kill others with yours.

You realize that it isn't about whether or not a kill was achieved by usoing said spell rather, its reliability (knock down and damage) and functionality is in question.

Most complain that they want to fight honorably and everyone resorts to backstab fishing, yet you openly claim you have made these types of characters.

hmm... Maybe you could define honorable fighting? I'm sure it will just boil down to eliminating strategies you don't like but give it a shot.

Have you ever once considered that some of the folks you were backstabbing probably were "40 feet" away from you when it happened? "Lagstabs" are only viewable on the receiving end, the person doing it to you can never tell what it looks like on your end.

not once. You know how often I get a back stab? 1 out of every 10 matches maybe. Furthermore, I am not running on dsl so I can see when it lags and when it does it in my favor. Which is quite rare.

So many people accuse others of cheating with lag because they assume the other person is somehow using some cheap glitch to stab you in this way, when in reality they're just playing normally like you.

The problem with this is the fact that its relatively common knowledge that just such a glitch is out there so it is impossible to tell one way or the other. If said glitch were patched it may remove that overwhelming suspicion.

If you're experienced enough in pvp then you realize how this works and don't allow a situation where it can happen.

Now you are taking unconfirmed opinions about me and trying to derail the possibility that I may actually know what I am doing. The fact is, if someone teleports to you with a knife in your back it is by all accounts UNAVOIDABLE.

Nowadays if I get backstabbed it's literally because I opened myself up and no one else's fault but my own.

Not sure how this is relevant to known issues with multiplayer?

Most of the higher level pvp players never complain about this kind of stuff. Why? Because it doesn't effect them that often. They don't open their back to an opponent for even a split second therefore they can't be backstabbed. Those that often get lagstabbed are people who unintentionally give the opponent the opportunity without even realizing it.

Assuming that I am not skillful enough or that I am careless is a pretty slippery slope to stand on. You sure you want to flame me on skill?

Now lets try to end on a good note.I have DmS so by no stretch of the imagination will I quit playing the games altogether i just feel like the game feels unatural which is the opposite of DmS. Joy
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:20 pm

The lag is caused by p2p online implementation by Namco Bandai. I don't see how that means it's From Software's fault by 'lazy game design.' Also if you are tired of the game you could of just left quietly. Instead you posted this and expected a positive response? Don't see how you can complain tbh.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Magnetic North wrote:

I'm not sure if you know how this game is played, much less how Wrath of the God's works.

Wotg's is not called Marshmallow Parade. It is tactically the most useful spell a faith user has especially if you want to do something different from what everyone else is doing (this being not wearing heavy armor with DWGR). I think it is also important to take a look at the context in which I openly admitted to building the only 2 builds people use in the game. (While you are at it look at what I just wrote and see how you missed so much information based on the way I wrote my OP).

TLDR: WotG's is tailored to do two things. Knock down and do mild damage. People never do anything outside of what has been known to work which is really fast back stab builds and heavy turtle builds.

Wrath of God is supposed to knock down and damage, and a sword is supposed to cut in half. But this is a nice game where each weapon and spell CAN be avoided if you know how to do it. If you take a sword swing on me, I will shield it, if you cast Wrath of God, I will roll and evade it.
    I don't see why any miracle should be unavoidable while other weapons can be perfectly stopped.
    If you use it at the right moment, when there's an opening, it will knock down and damage your enemy.
    I'm not going around swinging my katana just like that and then complaining because I'm parried.

(How is using wrath of god different from what everyones doing? Sure, never saw one
    big grin )
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Magnetic North wrote:Man, if I knew I was going to be flamed this hard I might have kept my mouth shut. To try and start off positive I want to thank Wyrm for understanding the post. Clearly you read in between the lines. It's actually kind of hard to believe anyone read this topic besides Wyrm. I think most people took the "I'm out" in the title as a offensive or slanderous connotation. Allow me to explain.

:face:

Wait... You admit to making cheap back stab characters and complain that people can shrug off 3 of your WoG's in a row

then gripe about others killing you in pvp? My troll sense is tingling...

I have to say bravo to you for not actually addressing my post with full comprehension of the content while at the same time slandering me. Good show sir... I believe my words were...

Every battle I get into these days is a 2v1 or some crazy off the wall shtuff happens or a combination of both.
    I've been on the receiving end of a 40 foot frontal back stab for the last time.

So no I am not complaining about dying in PvP. I am saying I am fed up with lag stabs and piss poor battle connections. Telling some one you are fed up is not a complaint if you were wondering. it's a statement that refers to the actions one is going to take based on the satisfaction level of the content. A complaint would require a person to expect a response. I did not, especially in the format of flaming me.

Most people complain about being the receiving end of WoG's and you're complaining because you can't kill others with yours.

You realize that it isn't about whether or not a kill was achieved by usoing said spell rather, its reliability (knock down and damage) and functionality is in question.

Most complain that they want to fight honorably and everyone resorts to backstab fishing, yet you openly claim you have made these types of characters.

hmm... Maybe you could define honorable fighting? I'm sure it will just boil down to eliminating strategies you don't like but give it a shot.

not once. You know how often I get a back stab? 1 out of every 10 matches maybe. Furthermore, I am not running on dsl so I can see when it lags and when it does it in my favor. Which is quite rare.

So many people accuse others of cheating with lag because they assume the other person is somehow using some cheap glitch to stab you in this way, when in reality they're just playing normally like you.

The problem with this is the fact that its relatively common knowledge that just such a glitch is out there so it is impossible to tell one way or the other. If said glitch were patched it may remove that overwhelming suspicion.

If you're experienced enough in pvp then you realize how this works and don't allow a situation where it can happen.

Now you are taking unconfirmed opinions about me and trying to derail the possibility that I may actually know what I am doing. The fact is, if someone teleports to you with a knife in your back it is by all accounts UNAVOIDABLE.

Nowadays if I get backstabbed it's literally because I opened myself up and no one else's fault but my own.

Not sure how this is relevant to known issues with multiplayer?

Assuming that I am not skillful enough or that I am careless is a pretty slippery slope to stand on. You sure you want to flame me on skill?

Now lets try to end on a good note.I have DmS so by no stretch of the imagination will I quit playing the games altogether i just feel like the game feels unatural which is the opposite of DmS. Welp! I'm Out! 3207319737

Just leave. The forum doesnt need nor want people like you.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Guys, let's just all calm down. There was some miscommunication.

Magnetic North
    Magnetic North

Post by Magnetic North Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:22 pm

nope, i'm wrong and these people can be justified for flaming me.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Sigh. It's EASTER folks. A time of good will and cheer and bank flipping holidays! \o/

I've got four whole days off work here in the UK and it's cost me nothing.

What I do not expect or want to do is spend them reading threads full of flaming/trolling, and this qualifies as such. It's getting locked, and people may be getting warned once I can wrap my head around all this nonsense. In the mean time, please everyone, have an easter egg and chill out a bit alright.

Cheers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am