Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Uparkaam
BLA1NE
Green__Eagle
Quarik
neon__noodle
Sebastrd
10 posters

NG+ 4 Kings

Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

NG+ 4 Kings Empty NG+ 4 Kings

Post by Sebastrd Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:45 am

While farming Darkwraiths for chunks I generally throw up my summon sign in case anyone in the area needs a hand. Unfortunately, I'm currently SL112 on NG, so I tend to get summoned for NG+ 4 Kings runs.

It seems the NG strategy of tank and spank just doesn't work anymore. They do a lot more damage - especially magic - and have too many HP to keep their numbers manageable. Is there anything I can do to boost my success rate with whatever random player summons me?
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

NG+ 4 Kings Empty Re: NG+ 4 Kings

Post by neon__noodle Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:59 am

I was thinking the same thing today. I frequently coop there at sl 120 and probably win less than half the time. Learning to anticipate their moves is essential. The most success I've experienced is when everyone pours on heavy damage relentlessly. Still I'm looking for a more viable strategy myself
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:07 am

Equip havels set, rofap and CoA, and go to town on them. Don't roll, don't dodge. Take all of their hits and you won't stagger. If you're a pyromancer, stack some great combustion and grab power within, they're weak to fire and extra damage can tip the balance in your favor. Charcoal resin, grass crest shield, green blossoms, every little bit helps. This particular fight is where I think a flame weapon buff like DMB, SLB, and CMW would be cool. Also, make sure to let your transient curse run out or you won't be able to do self buffs like Power Within and Iron Skin (which is also useful, though I never used it). Also, if you're fatrolling, don't run from their aoe magic, just block with the crest shield or something. If you don't have enough vit for that, though they do very little damage through havels except on their super swings, just learn their attacks and dodge everything. They're quite easy to dodge, except for the magic attacks, which REALLY aren't.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:31 am

I'm not a big believer in tanking up for this fight; I'd much rather be mobile to dodge their swings.

I equip armor and the shield that gives me the best protection from magic attacks. You can survive all the magic blasts with very little damage.

Great Chaos Fireball is a good pyro to use, too, if you can hit them with it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Blade buffs are your best friend.

1. You need to know how to dodge their attacks. They don't have very many attacks, and they're all very easily telegraphed for you to dodge correctly when you know how to recognize them. I prefer to dodge all their melee attacks, and block their magic attacks with a shield.

2. Buff your blade. I know SLB works really well (I used this buff every time I faced them with one of my melee SL120 toons, I always solo them, and this one is NG+3 now). Can't vouch for DMB and CMW, but they should be great too. For lack of those spells, gold pine resin should be good enough.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:30 pm

In NG+ infinity tanking is a no go. You may survive for some time, but the Four Kings will eventually surround you if you just heal all the time and don't kill them fast enough. The most important things in this battle are mobility and a high damage output. DWGR and any kind of weapon buff and power within are great for this fight. Armour and health don't really matter much. Altough it's good to survive at least one or two hits.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:17 pm

A fellow phantom put on a clinic earlier today. 50 Int, 28 Att, and he just went to town with HCSM and CSS. Too bad the summoner couldn't stay upright...
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:22 pm

^That's^ what I do with 4 of my Kings co-op sorcerers. The Kings are absolute cake with 50 int, Dusk's Crown, and the BD ring. I like as many +s as I can get in Kings co-op so I prefer higher SLs, as a result my lowest lvl sorceress has 9 attunement slots. The others have 10. I sometimes get messages on the way to the Kings saying, "Dude, save your spells for the Kings." It cracks me up, because I've never even used all 30 HCSMs I have equipped, much less the 12 to 16 CSSs.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:29 pm

HCSM isn't incredible against the Kings (I feel it's really been nerfed) but Crystal Soul Spears absolutely tear them to shreds, no matter what NG+ you're on. I have 2 SL120 mages with 12 CSS, 24 SS, and 10 HCSM... Enough for 2 back-to-back 4 Kings fights, I think!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:43 pm

My HCSM does 1235 and my CSS does right around 1100, actually.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:04 pm

I just don't like having to cast the soul mass, then wait for it to go off on its own. I prefer to just shoot off soul spears at will.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Spears are better at distance, that's for sure, but in co-op I always stay in melee range, and spears tend to miss fairly often at close range, whereas the soulmasses rarely do.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:47 pm

I also do it from short range, because I want to keep their magic missiles to a minimum. I just dodge, cast, dodge. Haven't had any problems hitting... If anything, it's the opposite! When I cast HCSM, the Kings always bat a few of them away with their sword before they can go off, or all of them with an AoE attack. Oh well, to each their own! Must be due to small differences in our play styles.

Edit: it's probably because you're talking about co-op, whereas I'm talking about solo. If you're casting CSS while the King is swinging at someone else, then it would be prone to missing. But when I cast CSS in between their attacks, then the spears hit.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:59 pm

when i fight the 4 kings i always summon Beatrice because her magic helps out greatly, 1000+ dmg with each 1 she shoots, even if she doesent shoot that often. before i fall into the abyss i cast replenish, then 2 hand my weapon keeping a crest shield on my back for stamina regen, start rushing the first king as its spawning, dodge attacks, light attack for speed hits and rinse repeat. if your good at dodgeing there attacks u can actually heal with your flask right next to the king your currently fighting. i fought them on NG+ a couple days ago. had help from a couple people but they would tend to not put on there abby ring and troll death on me. ended up just defeating them with Beatrice, although its hard to keep her alive lol.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:57 am

Is there a anywhere on this wiki I can find a list of abbreviations and what they stand for, please. I'm going cross-eyed trying to work them all out,
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:51 am

The "New Player Help Page" of the wiki has it. You can find the link in Tolvo's new thread, I believe.

Edit: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help it's at the bottom.
    Rockstar2112
    Rockstar2112
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Rockstar2112 Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:59 am

Equip the Dark Hand in your second left hand slot. block their physical attacks with normal shield and use the left hand L2 Dark Hand move to block their magic. For some reason it stops you from taking any magic damage and you barely lose any stamina.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:09 am