My PvP rant.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Re: My PvP rant.

Post by RANT on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:What you need is a special attack like spamming water bombs until the douche drowns !

hahaha that'd be funny as hell.
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:Heavy armor with mask of ******. I see this all the time! Get original! Is looking like that really worth the maxed out stats you get?

Nice rant dude, especially this. So this.
    MinedSafe

Post by MinedSafe on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:15 pm

PPG-3- wrote:yeah. being summoned via red soapstone for a 3v1 its just poor.

the only brightside i can see is that doing something like that is boring. and people doing it will get bored of this game and probably arent really into it either seeing as the builds are pretty mundane and unoriginal. i've been 3v1 with ppl wearing the exact same get up aside from weapons. but all weapons were great swords or BKGA. eventually those ppl will go back to playing CoD or something. what will be left are the serious Dark Souls ppl.

We didn't have this problem with demons souls as the only ppl who bothered to pick it up were serious in the first place. give it time. these ppl will be weeded out.

I just can't understand why people hate BKGA or other great swords. When I'm invading the only weapon I can see is laito with some buffs. Use the weapon you feel best with at the end we all want to win our battles ! Why should I use a sword that doesn't fit my stats or I can't play with.

PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:59 pm

yes katanas are used alot too. but i've never been summoned to a 3v1 via the red soapstone to 3 katana wielding ppl who were casting TWoP.

And I have nothing against great swords or even the BKGA (to some extent). But for a 3v1 mauling before I've even finished loading into the game is pretty weak all things considered.
    So I'm not against the use of the weapons. Just the antics of certain people while using them has created a distaste for them.
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:02 pm

agreed!

FC for life!!!
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 pm

@everyone I'm glad to see I'm not the only one feeling like this.

As far as casters go for the person who mentioned it, I have no issue with casters. Its great combustion and wog that I have issues with. I wish people would mix up what spells they use more. I don't even really have an issue with those spells, its just when they get spammed that I dislike them. I understand that certain spells are more or less viable for PvP but there's more than 2 useable spells in my opinion.

@Mined safe, we may have seen eachother. I was probably wearing the darkmask or gold hemmed hood and some combo of black knight armor, dark armor or armor of thorns. And as far as the BKGA goes the may issue I have is with the balance of the weapon itself but I don't want that discussed in this thread. In the past it has lead to heated arguments and the fact of the matter is that there are two distinctly opinionated sides on the weapon. My secondary issue is that I see it far to often. Like I said originally, its boring fighting the same enemy every invasion and I'd have to say that 50% of my invasions are mask+giants armor+BKGA.

Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Agreed.

I think PvP would improve immediately if From just removed the "Well! What is it?" gesture. Just giving people that option to be total douches with that gesture poisons PvP. Take that out, and I'm sure everyone's experience will improve dramatically overnight!
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:25 pm

^ I don't know about "dramatically"... There's still the lag.

It's already been said though--it's just a game, and there are ways around the problem. Run from a TWoP'er, don't show your back to BSers, etc. etc.

If you dislike being ganked, ditch your high level character and restart it as a streamlined lower level character and do proper invasions in places like Blighttown/Sen's/Duke's. There's way more fun to be had there.

If you want to have fair/straight up duels, you might be playing the wrong game. Think Street Fighter or something.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:29 pm

SATLOS wrote:^ I don't know about "dramatically"... There's still the lag.

It's already been said though--it's just a game, and there are ways around the problem. Run from a TWoP'er, don't show your back to BSers, etc. etc.

If you dislike being ganked, ditch your high level character and restart it as a streamlined lower level character and do proper invasions in places like Blighttown/Sen's/Duke's. There's way more fun to be had there.

If you want to have fair/straight up duels, you might be playing the wrong game. Think Street Fighter or something.

Blighttown sucks if you don't BB glitch... Dukes and Painted World are where I get my best invasions.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW

PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 pm

ok the problem with invading at a lower level in those areas you mentioned is that ppl in those areas are not properly prepared for PVP. They are there to do the level, no one hangs around Sens Fortress to be invaded.

They'll have phantoms with them maybe but they too might not be geared towards pvp.

The best part of the Kilin is that ppl show up there explicitly looking for pvp. gear and armed for pvp.

Chasing down some ppl in blightown in a race to the fog doors hardly seems like competitive pvp.
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:35 pm

My SL 30 mage is not BB glitched, and I'm not rocking the Crystal spells yet because I haven't beaten the 4 Kings (going for DW).

Does it really matter if they're "geared" for PvP when its 3 vs. 1?

I usually let the host know I'm there (from a distance, of course), then let him summon to his hearts content.

If they're noobs, oh well it may not be a challenge. Most often (I'd say about 80%) the summons are much more prepared for me than the host.

My percentage of awesome fights is much higher this way than hanging around in Kiln with my SL 120 DEX build ever was.

PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:44 pm

yeah but blightown is swamp, poision, and re-spawning mosquitoes.

aside from the arena area just behind the bonfire, the whole place feels very crappy for pvp.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:50 pm

SATLOS wrote:My SL 30 mage is not BB glitched, and I'm not rocking the Crystal spells yet because I haven't beaten the 4 Kings (going for DW).

I usually let the host know I'm there (from a distance, of course), then let him summon to his hearts content.

If they're noobs, oh well it may not be a challenge. Most often (I'd say about 80%) the summons are much more prepared for me than the host.

My percentage of awesome fights is much higher this way than hanging around in Kiln with my SL 120 DEX build ever was.

How are you invading in blighttown?

SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:53 pm

@PPG

You're confusing two distinct types of PvP here: "invading" and "dueling".

Kiln = (supposed to be but turned to *** real fast) Duels, SL120, 1v1

Everywhere else (or almost) = Invading. The host is trying to beat the level, you're trying to stop them.

When talking about PvP, a distinction between invading and dueling really needs to be made. And I just want to say that, for me personally, invading is tons more fun than dueling, because the "dueling" community has turned to ***. And I just love the feel of hunting the host during an invasion! Especially when you find out he has 2 phantoms with him--3 times the fun!
    MinedSafe

Post by MinedSafe on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:00 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:@everyone I'm glad to see I'm not the only one feeling like this.

@Mined safe, we may have seen eachother. I was probably wearing the darkmask or gold hemmed hood and some combo of black knight armor, dark armor or armor of thorns. And as far as the BKGA goes the may issue I have is with the balance of the weapon itself but I don't want that discussed in this thread. In the past it has lead to heated arguments and the fact of the matter is that there are two distinctly opinionated sides on the weapon. My secondary issue is that I see it far to often. Like I said originally, its boring fighting the same enemy every invasion and I'd have to say that 50% of my invasions are mask+giants armor+BKGA.

It all depends. I didn't see that many people with BKGA. For me its not a problem. Its like saying that everyone in Counter Strike use AK47 because you can one shot everyone. Most people don't know how to use BKGA and I was loosing most battles before I got to know how happy You were unlucky meeting people I would say. What is your SL? Where do u usually invade ? I mostly stay at Kilin and i play very early morning or late night. You won't meet noobs then because most kids are a sleep then:P

Unofficial level cap tp 120 doesn't helps as well. I could use other weapons but then I would loose most of the time as they just don't match my stats. Plus if u meet a person at 200-260 they usually msg u after the fight or you can talk to them and they bow, always !

Im not invincible, got killed 3 times by a guy who parried me and killed within 10 sec;) BKGA has its downside, speed, even if its fastest Axe, you can parry it easily.

Plus

For me 3v1 is a joke. There is no way to win this unless you are extremely lucky. BS as well. I don't care about the LAG.

PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:02 pm

ok. good point. there is a differnce. a significant one.

i guess im in the dueling category. and it is different.
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:22 pm

BLA1NE wrote:@PPG

You're confusing two distinct types of PvP here: "invading" and "dueling".

Kiln = (supposed to be but turned to *** real fast) Duels, SL120, 1v1

Everywhere else (or almost) = Invading. The host is trying to beat the level, you're trying to stop them.

When talking about PvP, a distinction between invading and dueling really needs to be made. And I just want to say that, for me personally, invading is tons more fun than dueling, because the "dueling" community has turned to ***. And I just love the feel of hunting the host during an invasion! Especially when you find out he has 2 phantoms with him--3 times the fun!

My feelings exactly. The 3v1 campers have taken a lot of fun out of kiln dueling. Like I said before if you're gonna 3v1 camp farm do it somewhere not designated as the duel arena and at least have the decency to not heal when your 3 guys are losing to one.

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:32 pm

aceluby wrote:
    SATLOS wrote:My SL 30 mage is not BB glitched, and I'm not rocking the Crystal spells yet because I haven't beaten the 4 Kings (going for DW).

Using cracked red eye orbs just outside of the area where you fight Queelag. You usually spawn in the same spot, so you can run up to where the boulder guys are and survey the situation.

Sometimes you're unlucky and spawn in the "nest" hallway with three guys bearing down on you... As a mage, that can be actually quite fun.

I don't have the INT for Soul Spear or any of the Crystal magics at SL 30, so I'm not overpowered, especially when its 3 on 1.

1 on 1 with an aggressive host usually ends badly for the host, though.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:35 pm

SATLOS wrote:
    aceluby wrote:

Using cracked red eye orbs just outside of the area where you fight Queelag. You usually spawn in the same spot, so you can run up to where the boulder guys are and survey the situation.

Sometimes you're unlucky and spawn in the "nest" hallway with three guys bearing down on you... As a mage, that can be actually quite fun.

I don't have the INT for Soul Spear or any of the Crystal magics at SL 30, so I'm not overpowered, especially when its 3 on 1.

Yeah, but how did you get them? You only get 6 w/out beating 4 kings.

SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:49 pm

why do you think people use wog/great combustion?

you can block wrath of god i think 90% with havels shield, and it doesn't even break through it.

if people spam combustion, look into a high fire resistance shield, like black knight which blocks 90%, arrange it so its close to the shield you use so you can switch out.

people use those spells because they are basically the only viable spells for pvp, and yet wog/combustion is still easy to dodge, if they switch to a pyro glove/talisman, you know exactly what is coming.

i can dodge wrath of god with the slowest roll, just harder to dodge the spam due to such a slow roll.

pvp boils down to rock, paper, scissors, meaning everything has a counter and its pretty much a roll of the dice, like what type of build you fight against and what type of build you use, as well as weapons/poise/defense/damage per second ect.

"prepare to die" definatly applies to pvp as well, if you can't deal with dying repeatedly, you wont last long. my favorite build for pvp is my dex/str, he is lvl 166 so enough vit/end as well, 40-50 in dex/str/end/vit and nothing else, started as pure pyro for the actual game.

i enjoy it mainly because i can use any weapon/shield/armor and try pretty much everything.

any type of straight sword in the left hand is a good anti-backstab tactic, as long as the lag isn't terrible you can pretty much mash r2 as they continue to try to circle and backstab.

just be dedicated to certain weapons/styles and learn how to counter other styles with your own.

@above, he most likely had 99 at the start of the game due to the bottomless box glitch.

Addicted

Post by SATLOS on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:00 pm

aceluby wrote:
    SATLOS wrote:
    aceluby wrote:

Yeah, but how did you get them? You only get 6 w/out beating 4 kings.

I think I had 8, and I made the most of them... I'm currently stuck at the 4 Kings trying to get into DW.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Why would you suggest doing a low level run and invade in blighttown for PvP if you have so few opportunities to do so?

SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:04 pm

mother mask + blk sorceror set looks kinda cool, going to use with my new vit build

Roaran

Post by Roaran on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 pm

I get great 1v1 pvp in the forest Darkmooning, a lot of wins too (using full lautrec, wolf ring, grass cress shield, and two-handed shotel).
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:42 am

aceluby wrote:Why would you suggest doing a low level run and invade in blighttown for PvP if you have so few opportunities to do so?

A low level would obviously need to be a DW. I'm in the process of becoming one, but spent all my cracked orbs for kicks while levelling up the pyro glove.

Tried to figure out what that Chaos Servant covenant was all about. Much ado about nothing, it seems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:48 pm