Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Gol
FruitPunchNinja
neon__noodle
lextune
SilenceOfKnights
9 posters

PvP and dung pie

SilenceOfKnights
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP and dung pie Empty PvP and dung pie

Post by SilenceOfKnights Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

So i was going through Anor Lando with a sunbros and i got invaded,so i was going as fast as i could through the stage. on the rooftop of Anorlando, the invader found us after we cleared the rooftop of the knights. so the fights begin and the sunbros dosent help me and the invader was throwing dung pie at me. the fight was pretty intense but ended up backstabing the guy when he was using a humanity and i chip him to death.
    Joy

Last edited by SilenceOfKnights on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

PvP and dung pie Empty Re: PvP and dung pie

Post by lextune Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:18 am

PvP and dung pie 449coolstorybro

....sorry, had to do it.
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by neon__noodle Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:40 am

This story advertised that dung pie would be featured prominently. I feel shortchanged...cool story bro.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 am

so you killed an invader with the help of sun bros lol.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:43 am

So you're sayin you're proud of trying to gang up on a guy and fishing for BS ?

I thought I was on the wrong forum for a second. Look Skyward
    SilenceOfKnights
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SilenceOfKnights Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:so you killed an invader with the help of sun bros lol.
    he didint help me he was on the side watching me.
    SilenceOfKnights
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SilenceOfKnights Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:58 am

Gol wrote:So you're sayin you're proud of trying to gang up on a guy and fishing for BS ?

I thought I was on the wrong forum for a second. Look Skyward
    he was healing
    SilenceOfKnights
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SilenceOfKnights Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:24 pm

what does ding pie does anyway also what is considered bs fishing?
    :?:
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Not sure why everyone is treating this poorly, it was pretty clear in the OP that you didnt get aid from your phantom, didn't sit and wait for respawning invaders to farm them, and the phantom was HEALING while trying to grief you with dung pies. So you punished with a backstabbed, which aparently didnt kill him because you mentioned chipping him to death, implying he was turtling.

Cudos man, it was a good story, don't know why everyone is all touchy over it, its almost like they read Sun phantom, backstab and raged haha. I am not sure I grasp why so many sunbros are standing back and watching fights now a days, why put your sign down if you dont intend to assist the host through the level? Its one thing to deny to farm, another to leave someone in basic gear against a fully upgraded player swinging a lightening claymore in the burg up to about sens fortress.

Dung pies cause toxic, it is mostly used as an insult, but it can be practially applied. BS fishing is when you refuse to attack an individual and simply try to land backstabs, meaning you are circling them or whatever.
    SilenceOfKnights
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SilenceOfKnights Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Yukon wrote:Not sure why everyone is treating this poorly, it was pretty clear in the OP that you didnt get aid from your phantom, didn't sit and wait for respawning invaders to farm them, and the phantom was HEALING while trying to grief you with dung pies. So you punished with a backstabbed, which aparently didnt kill him because you mentioned chipping him to death, implying he was turtling.

Cudos man, it was a good story, don't know why everyone is all touchy over it, its almost like they read Sun phantom, backstab and raged haha. I am not sure I grasp why so many sunbros are standing back and watching fights now a days, why put your sign down if you dont intend to assist the host through the level? Its one thing to deny to farm, another to leave someone in basic gear against a fully upgraded player swinging a lightening claymore in the burg up to about sens fortress.

Dung pies cause toxic, it is mostly used as an insult, but it can be practially applied. BS fishing is when you refuse to attack an individual and simply try to land backstabs, meaning you are circling them or whatever.
    thanks
    SilenceOfKnights
    SilenceOfKnights
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SilenceOfKnights Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Yukon wrote:Not sure why everyone is treating this poorly, it was pretty clear in the OP that you didnt get aid from your phantom, didn't sit and wait for respawning invaders to farm them, and the phantom was HEALING while trying to grief you with dung pies. So you punished with a backstabbed, which aparently didnt kill him because you mentioned chipping him to death, implying he was turtling.

also i was somewhat happy that he did not help me it made it fair
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:09 pm

I feel like OP derailed his own thread... But I have something to pitch in about status ailments!

I find it funny how much people are affected by poison and toxin in PvP. They actually do very little damage, but the instant you infect them, people go crazy! I use poison and fire arrows to control the behavior of my enemies. Fire to get them to turtle, poison to draw them out one at a time. If I invade a threesome, I can shoot fire arrows at them for a while and they'll huddle together and all turtle, which is very safe for them to do. Then, the instant I switch to poison arrows at focus on one of them, he'll break formation and make a suicide run for me! So I just repeat the process for the other phantom, then I'm all alone with the host, free to take my time with him. twisted

TL;DR: Use poison and toxin to control the behavior of your enemies. It's highly effective!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Poison and toxic are more effective on phantoms since they can't simply flask and will have to search for a purple moss in the inventory
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:10 pm

I just reorganized my items to have mosses right at the top... and I rarely ever use them. Anyone who panics at the sight of status ailments should definitely do the same!
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Yukon wrote:grief you with dung pies

Wtf ?
    So you don't have the right to use a dung pie now ? Shrug

And, what I understood is that he BS'd first and then the guy healed and then he chain Bs'd the guy.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Im not trying to say its not allowed, i use dung pies all the time when i am in 2v1 or 3v1 pvp, like blaine said.

But I did not hear him mention chain Bs, I was only speaking up because everyone was jumping down his throat for having a 1v1 while a phantom watched, just because he mentioned a backstab. Do we not have a right to use those?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes, you do. Especially when an invader is healing. You all might know my feelings on the matter already, but as an invader I never heal, no matter the circumstance. I don't necessarily think everyone should follow my own self-imposed rules, but I do think that no one should consider it unfair for a host trying to progress to the boss to backstab an invader before he fully-heals himself with a humanity.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:27 pm

ok i have no problem with this and i think backstabing an invader while they heal is more then fair game. only thing is i feel like the original post was changed i dont remember it specifically saying "and the sunbros dosent help" but yea idk i just dont trust a lot of people when they say "the summon didnt fight".

i remember i was trying to find duels on dks wiki chat and i set one up and i caught the guy farming in painted world. i called him out on it and hes like "no that was just because that guy was being cheap, we normally take turns fighting" hmmmm ******** maybe.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:45 pm

If the invader is healing with humanity he is stupid. The goal of an invasion is to acquire humanity. Nothing more to say. And if he had 99 humanity he is even worse, invading and healing when he should be dueling.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:41 pm

I'll only pop a humanity if the host Flask up and I'm low health.

If I have a decent amount of health I'll just backstab the healer..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 am