Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Pargar-theGreat
ted1023
meridam99
Yesuurd
Dj-B-Man-Jr
billy_bayonet
Baal-Avatar
T-King-667
TehInfamousAmos
Emergence
The_Tao
Magnetic North
BLA1NE
neon__noodle
FruitPunchNinja
Glutebrah
cloudyeki
reim0027
Tolvo
GrEeNgObLiN
RANT
25 posters

PSN DkS FC Starting Gear event

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

PSN DkS FC Starting Gear event - Page 11 Empty Re: PSN DkS FC Starting Gear event

Post by ted1023 Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:21 pm

BLA1NE wrote:There's too few divine blessing for us to use them after every win. Personally, I don't think it's unfair for the victor to heal up with a humanity--give himself a little bonus defense for winning back-to-back fights! Then, when his streak is ended, he's not allowed to pick up his bloodstain, to reset his counter. Sounds fair?

I have no issue with that, but that will be rants call. I can probably make a mule toon pretty quick to give out some blessings.. if anyone needs them.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

PSN DkS FC Starting Gear event - Page 11 Empty Re: PSN DkS FC Starting Gear event

Post by RANT Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:21 pm

BLA1NE wrote:
    ted1023 wrote:The only thing I would mention is that when you heal in Phantom form we should use the divine blessing cause using Humanity will unfairly increase your defense. With that note I owe Baal an apology when we dueled I didn't remember that I had done just that before you were summoned and when I reviewed the video I had 2 soft humanities left. I didn't realize it cause after we dueled I suicide to get something back at the bonfire so when I looked at my Humanity it showed 0. So a rematch is in order..lol
    There's too few divine blessing for us to use them after every win. Personally, I don't think it's unfair for the victor to heal up with a humanity--give himself a little bonus defense for winning back-to-back fights! Then, when his streak is ended, he's not allowed to pick up his bloodstain, to reset his counter. Sounds fair?

i agree with this, it would be fair if you keep wining to keep getting a little boost as a reward but once you die just dont pick up ur bloodstain.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:36 pm

My host is all ready, I even ran through the great hollow with my bandits gear and starter axe, nothing is upgraded haha. I'm all ready to host.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:50 pm

cool, ill see you guys later tonight then!
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:53 pm

i leveled up my toon accidently, so ima have to do a massive speed run today, i may have to give that BB glitch a go just so i have RSS then kill bell then spiderwench
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:55 pm

^^ bb glitch really isnt a big deal billy (edited because it was very close to detailing a part of the glitch). honestly i think the major downside is it makes you lazy.

Last edited by meridam99 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grey area of glitch detailing, no warning sent as it was probably a mistake.)
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:20 pm

sry bout that
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:19 pm

And the host? Like im going to host tonight, i have some humanitys from yesterday hosting?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:29 pm

if youre hosting it doesnt matter if you have humanity, you gotta get rid of it if you once you switch to fighting.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:46 pm

ted1023 wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:Lol, I love the BK knife but without BS it is almost pointless...my wanderer was such a goof, I think scimtars are mob weapons, I had no reach and was doing all these awesome moves that didn't serve any purpose at the end.

I felt like him:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc[/quote[/url]]

The Knight and the Warrior are almost unstoppable in the lower class. with both of them the def and poise is wild. the only real tactic is to hope to land parries back to back. That's why when we fought, I decided to remove the armor and helm and just kept the pants but still noticed the poise had a huge impact in our duel.

Ted you are the most honorable Proper Bow I didn't get why you were not wearing the full armor but you still kicked my arse, longsword surpasses the scimtar it has crazy moves that at the end have no range.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:06 pm

^ dont worry yesurrd ted was kicking my *** too. i kept failing my ripostes cause i would try to switch to 2h for added dmg.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:13 pm

^If you want added damage from a riposte, you can sneak in a regular hit before you get the riposte. winking

To be honest, I wouldn't be able to tell you how to successfully do this, but I've done it a few times! Maybe try placing yourself just off-center after you get a parry, get 1 hit in, then center yourself and go for the riposte.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:16 pm

lol i know what you mean blaine,and its cool when it happens,but that is much more of a chance of failing then then 2handing it(which also can fail rather easily)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Or, if you're using a fast enough weapon (like... most starting weapons!), you could probably sneak a R2 before the R1 riposte. You'd only be able to do it if you're 100% confident you got the parry, though, since you wouldn't have time to wait for the audio and visual confirmation. You'd need to throw the parry, R2 right away, then land the R1 riposte... which isn't so risky, actually. Worst case scenario is your parry missed, but you still throw a R2 attack followed by an R1.

I wouldn't do it too often, though, because if your opponent catches wind of your tactic, he'll easily be able to punish you on the R2 or R1 when he sees you tried to parry.

I think there's going to be a lot of parrying games tonight, will be very interesting!
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Best of luck to you all, hope you have fun.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Damn it is only 5;40pm EST fuuu... gotta wait 3.33 hours more more
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:33 pm

I ll be there in a hour. Good luck to you all
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:44 pm

i just got my toon to sens afta i leveled up my first one by accident!! sooo happy
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:44 pm

i have a hunter,sorcerer, and bandit all in human form waiting on top of sens.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:44 pm

glad to hear you made it billy
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Looks its all gonna be fun tonight. I noticed yesterday while hosting, fact is that the fights take much longer! And i saw some epic fights while one of the two has almost no ho left and still fight for a while and ended up epic
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:51 pm

im a pyromancer ever tried to fight quelaag with pyromancy........dayumn thank got for freindly phantoms
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:59 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:im a pyromancer ever tried to fight quelaag with pyromancy........dayumn thank got for freindly phantoms

you redid your toon? thats gotta suck.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:02 pm

quick question. at 32 int the best catalyst for buffing is the tcc right? i know this has been asked a lot but i forgot.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:08 pm

yeah wasnt my happiest experience but its done now and im on the roof ready big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am