Magical theory 201

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Magical theory 201

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:09 am

Oh my god, the tin crystallization catalyst. That was logan's work and has the best magic adjust of all the catalysts. It may halve the castings but I attribute that to logans inexperience working with crystals. Think of Seath, working with crystals for centuries. I would go past saying a pure soul crystal catalyst. Remember how thin the primodial crystal is? What if Seath is making that a catalyst? A primordial crystal catalyst.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:10 am

Sorry about that.....but you were forgetting that godhood is a nice pair of binoculars

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:11 am

Oh god, imagine the nuking someone could do with that beastly catalyst

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:12 am

A binoculars catalyst?

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:13 am

Tolvo would be able to figure out ALL the mysteries of Lordran with a binocular catalyst. And look good doing it.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:14 am

Oh oh....its not about Seath but I have an addendum to my Oolacile theory from another thread if I cam have the floor. My hand's raised and everything

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:15 am

Skare you may have the floor. Regale us good sir.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:20 am

Here's another question, why is he making items and armor with these Crystals? As well, why is he making Crystal Hollows? Is he trying to make servants of Pure Soul, Souls being something he can manipulate. Is he trying to make it so he can literally command others through magic?

EDIT: You have the floor, as long as everything you say is totally Pawsible.

Last edited by Tolvo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:21 am

Regale....not sure I can follow that build up. Here goes but if its a disappointment its on you tongue

Since we're talking about ultimate power, what if Oolacile wasn't making a giant invisibility spell but rather a renewable source of energy? The light spell would be similar and repair indicates that magic was their primary source of getting things done. To fuel that they tried to make the sorcery version of cold fusion and......poor Dusk....only survivor. I guess it does go back to Seath. He might be interested in how far they got.

Also, glad I wasn't the only one who thought binoculars catalyst.

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:23 am

I believe he was trying simply to create life artificially, reasoning that if he could create artificial life it would be easy to apply that science to extending his own life.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:25 am

Possible Skare, it might lead me to believe Seath destroyed them rather.

Dough, what if he is also trying to create Crystal Scales? I mean really, angle them and make them thinner, Seath was trying to recreate the immortality of the stone Dragons right? What if he is trying to turn himself into a fully Crystal Dragon, but wishes to do it first with another so he knows there won't be negative side effects. I mean think about it, for regular hollows those things are tough as *** to kill.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:28 am

Everything I say is Pawsible....assuming you've navigated the corridors of my insanity. I don't recommend it. I always thought he was trying to make himself some fresh gear, aka scales

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:29 am

Plus, if he can use the Crystals as a Catalyst...Wouldn't he become the Catalyst? He could literally become a Conduit for soul magic, growing more and more with every one he consumes, and being able to use the magic however he sees fit...Seath was nuts, but man I'll give him credit some of these ideas are genius on his part.
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:32 am

It does seem plausible. We know so little of Oolacile compared to some of the other parts of the world.

Oolacile is described as a peaceful place, who's magic was based around probably everyday use. Seath might have found an interest in there use of magic, and might have even raized it to the ground to steal it.

Seath is an underhanded, selfish creature. Everything he did was for his own gain. The betrayal of his kin out of jealousy, the kidnapping of maidens for experiments. Even his status of duke is beneficial, his being apart of Gwyn's court allowing him sway with the gods. It wouldn't be far fetched that he would use Gwyn's absence as a chance to build an army to take the world in his claws.

But Seath has one major flaw. His obsession with living forever, both from his being an outcast among his kin, and possibly a fear of Nito. By the time you see the Primordial Crystal, it is held within a protected cavern within his home, at the very depths an extremely fragile object. Maybe as he continued to live off the crystal's power it was starting to weaken.

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:34 am

Crystal scales. Wow, I love the idea. It makes perfect sense too.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:35 am

I wonder if priscilla was hidden away from Seath so he wouldn't experiment on her. I binoculared the heck outta her earlier. She almost seems to be scaly near her hairline. Plus she mastered invisibility, which was beyond even oolacile sorcery without death. The Lifehunt description sure makes her seem powerful too. Almost forgot the blizzard attack. More unique magic. And telepathy, she just stares at you rather than move her lips to talk

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:39 am

Please don't oogle my waifu skare.

Alot of people think that Priscilla was Seath's daughter. I think she's related to him, but in the sense that he test-tube-baby/created her during an experiment.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:41 am

Alvina is the only NPC I know of that moves their mouth when they speak.

Another question, why did the Stone Dragons have this crystal in the first place? There were apparently ancient ways for humans to become more like dragons, so why the Crystal? What if they actually knew of the danger of the Crystal?

Huge speculation/Crazy/insane idea, but what if actually the Dragons weren't all that bad? They looked over humanity worried about them destroying themselves, trying to keep them low and weak so they could never cause self harm. Hiding away secrets too powerful ever for the minds of these beings, such as the Crystal. And that Seath actually helped cause the war, he wanted it for himself and used it as a guise to establish his position, give him time to research, and safety from any possible enemies with his new allies. If this were the case, the dragons would be right. Because of humans there are demons, undead curses, poisoned and tainted areas, beings of wicked and malevolant magic and design. Truly, what if some of the greatest heroes in Dark Souls were the dragons who looked over humanity?

Insane rant over.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:44 am

That could be. I subscribe to the daughter of Gwynevere theory but she could be a surrogate rather than getting buck nasty with Seath. That makes more sense really. And don't worry, my crush is on Quelaan. Time for sleep I suppose, gotta recharge my rant gland somehow

DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:46 am

Im inclined to agree because for goodness knows how long before the first flame was lit the humans and dragons lived side by side without bloodshed. However I cant see Seath starting the war. the first flame started the war, I think Seath just saw an opportunity and took it.

EDIT: I will just point out I subscibe to the Velka + Seath theory for Pris. Also if we want to discuss Pris any further I think we need to get Wyrmhero in here.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 am

While today in the end was full of amazing theories, we must wrap up today's session.

Let's all find something we can agree on.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 am

That is possible as well, though I do feel inclined to believe that he at least helped the cause with some propaganda. As well, imagine if anyone ever tried to contest his position. He was the only "Good" dragon who was willing to see past the tyrannical rule of his people, fighting to save the race of humanity and bring forth the age of man. Damn, he's either the greatest warmongering in Dark Souls, or the Greatest Opportunist.
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:51 am

Ah agreement agreement, what to agree on. I say lets go with the souls are crystals and Seath wants to coverhimself in crystal scales and make himself a living catalyst.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:53 am

I can agree with that, who saw that coming? big grin
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:02 am

End of Class 2 Summary:
    Seath, the grandfather of sorcery. Turncoat. Albino. Truly a magnificent, malicious, unsavory character. Many theories stem from his collecting of maiden's, his strange crystalline guards, and his strange powers born of the Primordial crystal.

What could he be doing with this artifact? Could he have been using as a catalyst. To become a living catalyst? Maybe he is creating an army? We don't know. This is why you are all here, to dissect the magical lore and come up with these theories.

how's this for a class wrap-up?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:48 am