Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Faith Build questions

bromleyab123boy

Faith Build questions Empty Faith Build questions

Post by bromleyab123boy Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:19 am

I am thinking of making a faith build character (mainly for PvE)
    I am thinking pyro to start with (just for the fireball spell to give me a boost in lower lvls)
    End stats around
    vit - 40
    Attune - 18
    End - 40
    strength - 14
    Dex 40
    Faith 30/50
    I want to use sunlight blade + Divine weapons (ushigana Iaito etc..)
    Also i want to use the lightening spears and a bit of pyromancy.

Can anyone spot any major flaws with this build? Or can anyone offer any advice to make it better? I know i have to join the sunlight convenant and that the build will take a while to come to fruition.

Faith Build questions Empty Re: Faith Build questions

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:23 am

18 Attune is pointless you need ether 16 or 19.
    bromleyab123boy

Post by bromleyab123boy Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:24 am

oh ok cool, well thanks for the advice. Do builds like this end high with regards to dps vs bosses and pve?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:27 am

You'll get decent dps but you should probably be aware with such low strength you're better off using a lightning weapon over divine or occult with only 30 faith.
    bromleyab123boy

Post by bromleyab123boy Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:34 am

oh ok, so lightning weapons. but once faith is 50+ i presume divine will come back into play around this lvl?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 am

you should start with the cleric to get the most of your stats and you get the canvas talisman in the begining.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 am

RantFromRant wrote:you should start with the cleric to get the most of your stats and you get the canvas talisman in the begining.

Yeah, but it's a PvE char and the spells he wants to use aren't available until later anyway. I actually like the choice of starting as a pyro as you build up your Dex and Fth stats.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:20 am

oh wasnt paying attention, if its for pve you can start with any character you want. 16 att is more than enough.
    bromleyab123boy

Post by bromleyab123boy Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:17 am

I am going to crack on with it tonight, cant wait! thankyou for all the advice offered.

Yeh the idea of going pryo means i wont have the lull in dps for the first few sections of the game, pyro until lighting spears are available. lighting enchants until faith is high enough to make divine weapons worth while.

I dont know what armor would be good for this build. Also is poise going to be an issue for a build like this do you think?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:22 am

bromleyab123boy wrote:I am going to crack on with it tonight, cant wait! thankyou for all the advice offered.

Yeh the idea of going pryo means i wont have the lull in dps for the first few sections of the game, pyro until lighting spears are available. lighting enchants until faith is high enough to make divine weapons worth while.

I dont know what armor would be good for this build. Also is poise going to be an issue for a build like this do you think?

poise is only good against mobs, for pve i always go with light armor, zero poise but a lot more res to everything, specially bosses.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 am

bromleyab123boy wrote:I am thinking of making a faith build character (mainly for PvE)
    I am thinking pyro to start with (just for the fireball spell to give me a boost in lower lvls)
    End stats around
    vit - 40
    Attune - 18
    End - 40
    strength - 14
    Dex 40
    Faith 30/50
    I want to use sunlight blade + Divine weapons (ushigana Iaito etc..)
    Also i want to use the lightening spears and a bit of pyromancy.

Can anyone spot any major flaws with this build? Or can anyone offer any advice to make it better? I know i have to join the sunlight convenant and that the build will take a while to come to fruition.

I have a build very similar to this one.

Lautrec of Carim Build - Faith Dex Hybrid

I like your build, I 19 attunement would be good because then you get 4 slots to work with. WOTG, DMB, SLB, and something else.
    bromleyab123boy

Post by bromleyab123boy Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:50 am

Love the Lautrec of Carim Build build!! looks awsome, you have really thought about it, Yeh i was thinking 19 attune. SLB, WOG, Lightning spear. I am correct i saying that you cant use any lighting spear spells unless you are in the correct covenant? I was reading somewere that if you leave or betray them you can no longer use there spells?

So you wouldnt be able to get DMB unless you sacrifice the lightning spear spells?

By the way you are sayin poise is more usful in PVP and that i will be ok with light amour in PVE (as the res is high coupled with good maneuverability)??

Really appreciate all this input guys!!big grin
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:13 pm

bromleyab123boy wrote:Love the Lautrec of Carim Build build!! looks awsome, you have really thought about it, Yeh i was thinking 19 attune. SLB, WOG, Lightning spear. I am correct i saying that you cant use any lighting spear spells unless you are in the correct covenant? I was reading somewere that if you leave or betray them you can no longer use there spells?

So you wouldnt be able to get DMB unless you sacrifice the lightning spear spells?

By the way you are sayin poise is more usful in PVP and that i will be ok with light amour in PVE (as the res is high coupled with good maneuverability)??

yeah, youre better off with light armor and you'll get better at dodging too. also you can use lightning and great lightning spear without beign in the cove, the only one you cant use is sunlight spear which is the strongest and takes 2 slots(you get it after sacrificing gwyn's soul to the altar) i love it, it looks awesome.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:29 pm

bromleyab123boy wrote:Love the Lautrec of Carim Build build!! looks awsome, you have really thought about it, Yeh i was thinking 19 attune. SLB, WOG, Lightning spear. I am correct i saying that you cant use any lighting spear spells unless you are in the correct covenant? I was reading somewere that if you leave or betray them you can no longer use there spells?

No, the only miracles that require you to be in their covenant are:
    Bountiful Sunlight, Soothing Sunlight, and Sunlight Spear.

You can betray the DM covenant to get Sunlight Blade. Just make sure you get the DarkMoon Talisman before you betray the covenant, it's the best Talisman.

Really depends on what I am running, for example Lautrec I dont like much poise because he has fast weapons and get out of hairy situations quickly. My Shiva build uses a heavy weapon and needs some wolf ring help as the murakumo swing is extremely slow.
    bromleyab123boy

Post by bromleyab123boy Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 pm

kiwi_commander wrote:

You can betray the DM covenant to get Sunlight Blade. Just make sure you get the DarkMoon Talisman before you betray the covenant, it's the best Talisman.

Really depends on what I am running, for example Lautrec I dont like much poise because he has fast weapons and get out of hairy situations quickly. My Shiva build uses a heavy weapon and needs some wolf ring help as the murakumo swing is extremely slow.

Let me get this straight then, you can join the Sunbros to get the spears, then join the darkmoon folks to get the tailsman. Then get Darkmoon Blade. The Betray the dm to get the Sunlight Blade? (so you are left with the tailsmen, The Sunlight blade spell and the darkmoon blade spell) Does betraying the DM Convenant mean that you can no longer use DMB ir can you keep it regardless?
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:02 pm

bromleyab123boy wrote:
    kiwi_commander wrote:

Let me get this straight then, you can join the Sunbros to get the spears, then join the darkmoon folks to get the tailsman. Then get Darkmoon Blade. The Betray the dm to get the Sunlight Blade? (so you are left with the tailsmen, The Sunlight blade spell and the darkmoon blade spell) Does betraying the DM Convenant mean that you can no longer use DMB ir can you keep it regardless?

Woops sorry, DMB also goes in the covenant only list but you get to keep the talisman.

This is how I would go:

Join sunbros, get spears. Then join DM covenant and rank up for talisman (DMB comes free). Betray covenant and get sunlight blade. If you want both DMB and sunlight blade you will have to wait for NG+ and then join DMB again
    bromleyab123boy

Post by bromleyab123boy Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:47 pm

yeh man that is what i will do, save the DMB for new game + I am thinking what armour sets would be good with this build. god i love dark souls

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 am