Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
ZikoLogiKa NL
Yukon
fearandwhiskey
Sunbro4evar
IceIfrit666
User
Uparkaam
ublug
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FruitPunchNinja
DoughGuy
Rin
SlakeMoth
WyrmHero
cloudyeki
Imarreteet23
Tolvo
CrackSouls
Chaos Spectre
23 posters

The Egg Head

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Egg Head - Page 2 Empty Re: The Egg Head

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:02 am

I quite like the idea of being a Servant of Chaos mainly because the main characters are female and the most popular covenants all seem to be based on male characters. Being female myself it has a certain appeal and, no , I am not a man hater before anyone suggests that I am.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:09 am

Well, being on the subject of the Chaos Servants, lets talk some lore. First of all, Ceaseless Discharge. I haven't killed him yet, but I need the chaos and fire embers, along with the Orange Charred Ring. Miyazaki said you DONT have to kill CD, but to do it the other way seems like a glitch or bug to someone who doesn't know about it according to what EpicNameBro read in the Design Works. The Design Works also confirmed that CD is the Brother of Chaos, so killing him is kinda a don't for me because, well, I worship their family lol. Has anyone come across the "glitch" by chance?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:18 am

Already killed the Bed of Chaos with him alive, with enough Fire Res and flasks, you can just run through the lava to the Capra demons. Though there won't be a bonfire until you kill the Firesage, so you have to do it in one shot.

There's another female on this site? What the hell? What happened to the internet I knew and loved, where men could argue for hours about which version of their anime fan fiction was the best!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:28 am

Oh Tolvo, I thought you knew! Does this mean you don't like me anymore? If you say 'yes' I'll be devastated.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 am

Cooties, I don't want anything to do with em! We must now end our online friendship thingy! Men and women just can't be friends for no reason at all, and I agree with it!
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 am

Tolvo wrote:Already killed the Bed of Chaos with him alive, with enough Fire Res and flasks, you can just run through the lava to the Capra demons. Though there won't be a bonfire until you kill the Firesage, so you have to do it in one shot.

There's another female on this site? What the hell? What happened to the internet I knew and loved, where men could argue for hours about which version of their anime fan fiction was the best!
    good job tolvo u mad genius cheers well it would add up u have to bare through hes suffering to get there without stopping it...but the makers said that the way yo get there seems to be close to a glitch wt if u get the ring from yr friend (i dont know if it can be dropped) thats in the drs spirit of co-op
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:37 am

I also ran to the Centipede, cut off his tail getting the ring, then went back to Ceaseless and ran around his feet and picked up the Chaos Ember, discovered nothing though other than that his feet actually have hitboxes, they designed all of him oddly enough, I always figured only the top half of him had any real work put into it.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 am

well i checked wt u said and... the thing is egg head has 2 states the begining on were your head is a small egg and the 2nd on where the larva if fully developed, your kick is replaced with a larva attack and the egg is 2x bigger so sorry to say but unless thers onother form its nothing special :x
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 am

SlakeMoth wrote:I quite like the idea of being a Servant of Chaos mainly because the main characters are female and the most popular covenants all seem to be based on male characters. Being female myself it has a certain appeal and, no , I am not a man hater before anyone suggests that I am.

An internet female? Quick add her!

The chaos covenant has some amazing story. If you do make a user made convenant I would like to make a suggestion - Put in two different roads to travel. Followers of the chaos flame and followers of the flame of disparity. Dispairty followers cannot make use of chaos magics while chaos followers must equip every chaos spell they have at all times. Then have the ps3 leader in charge of one and the xbox leader in charge of the other (of course people can choose either road regardless of console).

It would be nice if gettin gthe egghead to around 1,000,000 souls unlocked the secret rank 3 bonus for the servants.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm curious about the egghead now. maybe it'll get to xanthous crown size?
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:06 pm

cloudyeki wrote:I'm curious about the egghead now. maybe it'll get to xanthous crown size?
    Ha! I'd pay to see that. :shock:
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Well Tolvo, you have just given me a new painful objective lol. And so far, from every post I've seen online, people have never gone further than 500,000 souls for the egghead, so maybe there is more to it.

I just got a computer working, but now my xbox wont even turn on, so its gonna be interesting trying to start this covenant. I'll prob fix it or get a new one by the time I'm done writing up the covenant.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:57 pm

i did the egg head thing one playthrough. it took A LOT of souls to get the larva attack i mean a lot. and once it gets bigger like that the fire dmg you take seems to increase 10x. it was cool for a few hrs but the work it took to get to that point was not worth it
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:21 pm

I waited till ng+ to get the egghead again. Half souls don't matter much in ng+ and with the silver serpent ring, it really feels like your not losing much. I have dark anor londo and i make about 9k a pop with the silver serpent ring on the two npcs in the middle of the cathedral.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:23 pm

had one as well... you do get stuff from the chaos cov if you get the egg head then attempt to join if i remember correctly eigngy gives you a pyro flame and offers to upgrade it as well. also its the only way to make him sell the toxic mist pyromancy. btw since the orange charred ring and kirks leggings increase kick damage would wearing these two items make the egghead a viable weapon?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:25 pm

The egghead only has two stages affaik. It will consume half your souls, and must absorb 100,000 to evolve to stage two, so you need to farm a total of 200,000. If you use consumable soul items instead, it only takes 100,000 to evolve. You can also get the egghead while you have the dragon head, but the dragon headstone can't be used until you cure the egghead. It's still funny to cure the egghead mid-match to have a dragon pop out silly

I had a theory that selecting 'top-heavy' physique during character creation would make it even larger, but I'm not sure. I made this stage two egg just for you, with a 'big-head' character:
    The Egg Head - Page 2 Spdekg
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:32 pm

if you still have this character could you test the effect of the orange charred ring on the maggot attack?
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:53 pm

I'd have the ring by now if my xbox didn't fry lol. I've tried searching, no one has said anything about it working with the head.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Haven't gotten the ring yet on this character, but I don't think it adds anything to the attack.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:37 pm

I actually got the egg head earlier today. And I have the ring and the leggings. I might try them tomorrow.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 pm

The more souls you get, the bigger the head. My egghead is now bigger than my round shield, after 400k souls. Still have it.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Y'know, I'm going to make a pyro build soon anyways.
    I can get to lvl 180 with all of the souls in my bb (I use the glitch for easily leveled toons) and I usually get 50,000 to 300,000 souls when I pvp.
    So I guess I'll see if the above is true and if there's some hidden 3rd stage.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Items that give souls do not effect the egg head
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Ya. I have been feeding it the souls of those I killed, with only using item souls for leveling up. The egg has grown thicker and rounder than my torso now, with possibly almost a million souls drained into it. Plus, the worm has also grown thicker (and seems to show farther reach, although uncertain). It's a good helmet, although Helping others is hard with only 25 precent souls coming your way instead of 50, without the silver ring (which I always wear with evil eye). The egg grows with me...

Of course, as the worm is bigger than the egg, I suspect a lost of organs as well as my head being hollowed out for it's comfort.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:06 am

I just used the worm attack while wearing the ring of fog, yuck!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:51 am