Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
russiannightmare
Wolfgrey666
reim0027
Yukon
Yesuurd
callipygias
bloodpixel
WyrmHero
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
cloudyeki
16 posters

I find your use of faith.... Disturbing

Poll

Am I the only one?

[ 12 ]
    I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [60%] 
    [ 4 ]
    I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 4 ]
    I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 2 Empty Re: I find your use of faith.... Disturbing

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 pm

I tend to talisman before a fight, not during. The reason being I typically carry a stunlocking weapon, so rather than ensure no more flasking, I just outright kill. Usually I like to use my talismans from so far that they actually don't see me yet, that way there's less of a chance of them dodging it.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 2 Empty Re: I find your use of faith.... Disturbing

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 pm

I didn't specifically target miracles zero, faith magic is not menat to be an offensive magic clearly. Emit force, gravelord dance, wrath of gods. 3 damaging spells. That is MORE than enough to get you through a batttle. I don't want to see 16 wogs, I want to see someone using all 3 if they must, but relying on one is an insult to the arsenal that faith users have.

The same is true of pyromancers, Acid cloud, poison cloud, and the toxic cloud. SO why should I be seeing a player using 6 acid clouds? The game provides you with MORE than enough casts. It just frustrates me to watch people ignore spells that complete the same objective and its boring to fight them.

There is no reason anyone should HAVE to stack SoulSpears, because sorcerors get like 20 casts a pop for most of their spells.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:08 pm

As for the farming healing items, that would only worses the situation, in demons souls it was a pain in the *** when you got in a fight with someone who had 99 darkmoon grasses (full heal). Battles would go on forever, and the drops were frequent enough that by the end of the game you didn't feel petty at all with healing.

Flasks at the early start of this game really add a challenge that demons souls just did not have. I never found myself down to 1 grass infront of a boss in demons souls, I always had atleast 40 crecent grasses, and it didn't give enough consequence to healing. If you don't kindle your bonfires to 10 you are in for a rought ride your first time through. Dark souls did a much better job of punishing healers.

Atleast thats the vibe I got, I never played as a faith user, so never had the heal spell to pump out when my flasks were so low I had to turn to humanity to fight a boss.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:10 pm

What about if someone had WOTG x2, EF x2, GGSD, GLS, DMB, SLB, TWOP, GMB as a setup for 10 slots? They're still stacking 2 different spells.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote:I would rather this game not have a consumable healing item that recharges after every bonfire. Makes it to easy. Imagine if you actually had to farm for Flask or an item similar to it? Better yet the only healing item being humanity which would only restore 50% of your total health.

did you play demon's souls? in duels whoever timed grassing better won and fights lasted forever.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 pm

They have a horrible build if thats the case, LOL what is that like 50 attunement? Jesus.

There is just no reason for that. The reason why you can get that many slots is so you can use more than one magic in my opinion, since no stats are needed for pyromancy its a good supplement to any build.

What my argument is, is that the game provides you with more than sufficient amount of spells and casts, "I beat the game 5 times to get 15 Wrath of gods, why shouldn't I be able to use the spells I got through 5 playthroughs" just isn't a justified argument for me, because the game GIVES you so many different spells.

Its like if I gave you a cake that had a whole assortment of fruits on the top, and you just picked off the cherries and ignored the others. I would be insulted since I took so much time preparing everything on that cake.

Last edited by Yukon on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 pm

My pure pyro loadout: GC, GCF, tempest, Acid, and Power Within
    Spell & fire: soul spear, GC, tempest, chameleon, power within
    Only miracle I'd even think of using is emit force (Siegemeyer you magnificent SoB, I'd marry your daughter so you'd be my father in law. Kidding kidding)

I don't heal in the middle of any fight. If I need to, I'll use a blessing or humanity. And that's if 2v1

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 pm

It's not a bad build to have 50 into attunement it's simply a magic heavy build.

http://tinyurl.com/89ocvu8 Change one of the sunlight blades for the Darkmoon one. It was glitching when trying to change covenant.

With these stats & equipment the WOTG & EF can do +800 damage. Since you don't like stacking would you consider something like this acceptable even though there's two copies of WOTG & EF.

PS: Sunlight Blade adds 407 AR to your longsword not sure about Darkmoon as I'm not in the covenant with my faith character.

PPS: Before you ask I do not have 10 slots just pointing out that it's viable.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:59 pm

All my sorcerers above sl110 have 10 slots.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:02 pm

I guess some people don't understand the concept of a pure magic user.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:03 pm

I agree with Rant about healing item farming. PITA when your opponent spammed grass. Especially with the Thomas glitch, everyone came with 99 DMG.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Well Pure magic isn't all too ideal, but it's not impossible. Especially when you get past SL120, and go for the more SL 200 range you can just have both. Glass Cannons can often get away with pure magic, that's more so using stealth and the environment to get your kills rather than flat out combat.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult your build by saying the 50 attunement was bad. I said that because my first build had something like 39 attunement, and I honestly can't fill it and implement it, so it always felt like a waste to me. I have a few mage characters who have up to 4 spell slots at most, beyond that they are just not used and I would rather just change them at the bonfire to suit what I am doing even though they are still not at the 120 level.

That said, I don't see an issue with your build its just not something I would do. Do you honestly manage to go through 3 casts of WOG and 6 Emit Force? Coupled with your lightening and gravelord dance? I think my difficulty with understanding why people stack comes from us having clearly different playstyles.

I don't see anything wrong with your build if its what works for you, I just cannot make battles last long enough even when playing as a pure spellcaster. And like I pointed out before with the flasks comment, I tend to be a little bit stingy with my magic as compared to demons souls, where it was instead a MP bar with set casts. To me stacking just removes the point of switching from a MP bar for casts to a set amount of casts per run.

EDIT: OH, i just found out it was a theoretical build. I was all worried I just spat in your face with my last post, ahah

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:21 pm

The amount of spells isn't fully needed in a pvp situation if invading. In fact two WOTG or two EF making direct contact at those stats will generally kill most players. However in a pve situation where you use WOTG when surrounded or EF for multiple kills your spell count can drop rather fast. As far as GLS is concerned I would normally save that for bosses do to it's range & casting speed. When taking all of this into account plus adding in the random invasion factor even if some spells were used on your way to a boss you should still be equiped to handle yourself against that new threat.

PS: Remember on a build like that you're using longswords which can become dangerous in pve if swarmed lmao.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 pm

My beef is with invaders or duelests who do this. Even with only 4 magic slots with 2 of them filled with things like fall control or whatever, I haven't really had an issue with progressing in the level and being able to take out one invader, if I am getting invaded more than once it might be tight at the boss.

I don't care how people play offline, but if I summon a dragon or a red soap stone and watch them cast a spell atleast 3x more than they should be able to it really rubs me the wrong way. Sure I can understand having 2 soul arrows on your mage while you burn through some level early on; the game GIVES that to you. You don't have to beat the game 4 times to have 40 soul arrows, but its going to take you about 4 soul arrows to kill most invaders. Things like wog its 3 at the most, I have never seen ANYONE get up after getting woged 3 full times. having more thant 3 of them encourages spamming. You have to fight tactically with so few casts on such a powerful spell.

Like wise, things like acid cloud, its easy to avoid, its mostly just a hassel. But if you have 6 casts it can become a pain in a close area, and there is no reason to use it THAT many times unless you are simply trying to grief some new player and break all their armour.

The game gives you what you need to put up a fight, and still fight smart. Thats just what I think.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:10 pm

so.... I am the only one who dislikes Miracles? (demon's souls made me distrust both the priests and the sorcerer equally, so I guess it's sticking)

And dang it Tolvo, you made me laugh. Weapon skills trump magic alot I guess
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:00 am

cloudyeki wrote:so.... I am the only one who dislikes Miracles? (demon's souls made me distrust both the priests and the sorcerer equally, so I guess it's sticking)

And dang it Tolvo, you made me laugh. Weapon skills trump magic alot I guess
    Well, I don't think there is any real reason to hate miracles.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:31 am

I wouldn't say hate... maybe... I just find it, hm... I'm trying to find a way to describe it.

It feels like a fallback to me. Like if you're losing a fight, you can quickly use WoTG, and then run away to heal. It's all well and good till it's time to fight someone fair, and they decide "this isn't going my way, better use some magic to breath instead of using some skill."

I don't use my pyromancy in a duel til my opponent makes it clear he wants to use magic. So if he uses WoTG, or TWoP, or Heal, then I might as well bust out GCF and GC. But I'll never use them as a sneak attack finish. I'll show you midfight that I'll smack you around with Quelaag's and burn you with GC while doing it.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:49 am

cloudyeki wrote:I wouldn't say hate... maybe... I just find it, hm... I'm trying to find a way to describe it.

It feels like a fallback to me. Like if you're losing a fight, you can quickly use WoTG, and then run away to heal. It's all well and good till it's time to fight someone fair, and they decide "this isn't going my way, better use some magic to breath instead of using some skill."
    You can dodge & parry WOTG. You act as if it doesn't take skill when using WOTG to remove pressure or create an opening. Most decent players know how to dodge the spell. You could just as easily parry the spell while positioning yourself for a backstab after if they try it again.

cloudyeki wrote:I don't use my pyromancy in a duel til my opponent makes it clear he wants to use magic. So if he uses WoTG, or TWoP, or Heal, then I might as well bust out GCF and GC. But I'll never use them as a sneak attack finish. I'll show you midfight that I'll smack you around with Quelaag's and burn you with GC while doing it.
    What's wrong with quickly switching your shield or sword hand to finish with WOTG? It's your own fault for falling for it.

Also when getting jumped from both sides or surrounded by an invader & monster is it not ok to use the spell because it's so called dishonorable? I ask this because I've gotten hate mail for killing two invaders at the same time using WOTG. I simply tell them next time dodge.
    Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Post by Wolfgrey666 Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:53 am

cloudyeki wrote:I wouldn't say hate... maybe... I just find it, hm... I'm trying to find a way to describe it.

I don't use my pyromancy in a duel til my opponent makes it clear he wants to use magic. So if he uses WoTG, or TWoP, or Heal, then I might as well bust out GCF and GC. But I'll never use them as a sneak attack finish. I'll show you midfight that I'll smack you around with Quelaag's and burn you with GC while doing it.

I totally understand where your coming from. Honestly as long as i dont see heal or WoTG(in pvp) im good.However heal used for pve or used so you dont waste your host's flasks is fine.
    Your duty is to get your host buddy to the end.

I however am a sucker for the lightning spears.I wont spam them but i will fling one your way on occasion.But its use is mainly for pve or alongside a buddy, otherwise its easy to dodge.

I still remember at launch time when lightning spears scared the living crap outa newbies.Flinging bolts at them as they run away full speed. Was great fun.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 am

Oh no, it's fine if I'm aware. In fact I love punishing it with a GC and stunlocking. It's the attempt that's insulting. And I fight 2v1 alot, and I know when it's a good time to use it. Using it when getting double teamed I'll understand. Using it just because you wanna run to your phantom to protect you, then to hell with you, BURN! A lot of times a phantom/host uses it just to escape so they can gang up on a fellow hunter or wraith.

And if you're really dumb enough to allow your fight to be dragged into a mob, then poor planning on you. Use WoTG to clear the mob, then let me ram an effin' Halberd through your chest.

Most of my disuse of it is pvp-wise. PvE do what you wish.
    Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Post by Wolfgrey666 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:04 am

cloudyeki wrote:Oh no, it's fine if I'm aware. In fact I love punishing it with a GC and stunlocking. It's the attempt that's insulting. And I fight 2v1 alot, and I know when it's a good time to use it. Using it when getting double teamed I'll understand. Using it just because you wanna run to your phantom to protect you, then to hell with you, BURN! A lot of times a phantom/host uses it just to escape so they can gang up on a fellow hunter or wraith.

And if you're really dumb enough to allow your fight to be dragged into a mob, then poor planning on you. Use WoTG to clear the mob, then let me ram an effin' Halberd through your chest.

Aye i agree with you.Glad im not a faith player you would hate or abuse. I find your use of faith.... Disturbing - Page 2 639795459
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:05 am

Sorry I love my faith I try not to use in a duel besides DMB or SLB but it just depends on the opponent, but nothing beats a good WOG for crowd control.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:08 am

cloudyeki wrote:And if you're really dumb enough to allow your fight to be dragged into a mob, then poor planning on you. Use WoTG to clear the mob, then let me ram an effin' Halberd through your chest.

Yeah because clearing an area for pvp & getting invaded while doing so never happens riiight? In places like the forest you can get invaded by taking one step. Are you supposed to totally ignore the human npc's or simply wait while people hide behind the tree monsters? The only safe area there is right at the steps where if you move 5 feet a mage will start shooting magic at you.

FYI: I both host & invade as a darkwairth in the forest. So yes clearing at least the first section including the tree monsters is a must.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:15 am

Oo1Zer0 wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:And if you're really dumb enough to allow your fight to be dragged into a mob, then poor planning on you. Use WoTG to clear the mob, then let me ram an effin' Halberd through your chest.

Yeah because clearing an area for pvp & getting invaded while doing so never happens riiight?

It's been happening more often in the forest actually. The farmers, they're evolving!

A fight is as much control of the field as it is landing hits. Ever notice how some places are natural duel spots?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm