How could they buff the resistance stat?

Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How could they buff the resistance stat?

Post by Wade_Wilson on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:07 pm

As everyone knows, resistance is looked down upon in dark souls, much like luck was in demon souls. How do you think that it could be fixed, as to compete with other stats? Maybe reduce the diminishing returns at higher levels?
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: How could they buff the resistance stat?

Post by Imarreteet23 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Or give you a permanant higher item drop rate.

Stay nerdy, my friends.
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm

There were people who used luck for the stat scaling sword.

I don't see that working with resistance. Instead they could make poisons and bleed and a CURSE weapon to use in PVP, even then it wouldnt be worth it imo.
    Just make resistance scale with some other stat, there is no fixing it without adding a massive imbalance.

PSN: SgtPigeon
    Russian Roulette Duels Saturdays at 1PM - 7PM EST
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:12 pm

Yukon wrote:There were people who used luck for the stat scaling sword.

I don't see that working with resistance. Instead they could make poisons and bleed and a CURSE weapon to use in PVP, even then it wouldnt be worth it imo.
    Just make resistance scale with some other stat, there is no fixing it without adding a massive imbalance.

Are you talking about the morion blade? That things pretty good, though I got plague cloud instead of the sword. :|
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:23 pm

res should allow weapon deflection at certain points. 25 daggers have a 10% chance of doing the bounce off animation (like with mecha boars) at 50 straight swords have a 10% chance and daggers have 20% chance. at 75 greatswords have a 10% chance, swords have 20% and daggers have 30% after that no more boosts. damage dealt remains the same but combpo weapons or stun lockers beware the res build. (bs's still work for dagger users)

Rassa
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Rassa on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:57 am

have it reduce stagger and or knockdown time. For example every point of resistance could reduce time staggered by 1% until 40 where DR takes place. So if a weapon stuns you for 1 seconds, 10 resistance lowers your stun duration to .9 seconds.

Also causes you to get up faster from being backstabbed, heavy weapon knockdowns, parrys.

Also could just give you a flat damage reduction instead of increasing defenses. Like 20 resistance = 10% reduced damage taken.
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:04 am

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Yukon wrote:There were people who used luck for the stat scaling sword.

Are you talking about the morion blade? That things pretty good, though I got plague cloud instead of the sword. :|

The luck scaling weapon in Demon's is called the Blue Blood Sword. The Morion Blade is the one that increases attack damage at low life.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:14 am

I actually always thought it would be awesome if Resistance worked like faith and Int, hear me out. Pyromancy, think about it. Pyromancers in the intro are shown to have burned hands from casting their spells, as well you expose yourself to intense heat and pain when you use these spells. As such how do you wield these terrible explosive fires? By being capable of resisting the damage, just something I always thought would spice things up.

bla
    Regular
    Regular

Post by bla on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:03 am

I like the less stagger time idea. That and increased poise even if it's minimal.
    befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:09 am

Have your resistance stat also be your % chance of self-recovering once from a KO with some portion of your hp restored, like a scaled down but automatic second chance in Demon Souls. So at 99 resistance you'd have a 99% chance of returning to life one time when "killed" during a particular session or invasion (unless you fall off something of course). While fun for all aspects of the game, it would be most interesting against...OHKO backstabs.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:33 pm

I gave my resistance to about 35 to 40, since my Armour choices are not always the best resistance alone. It helps increase damage resistance slot from many things, as well as poison.

To me, stagger resistance would be cool. However giants armored enemies might make themselves more... Hardy. As for Pyromancy, that would be cool to implement it, but it might become less popular early game, and even more so possibly late game, as the other magic types shine brighter usually when their stats and catalyst are good, as well as their spells. More might implement their leveling into other factors for better gain from other magic types, ignoring Pyromancy in general. However, resistance does fit Tge aspect of Pyromancy.

To me? Resistance is good as it is, however should still be liable in using after reaching higher soul levels. It increases less in terms of resistance than others, even thou greater than leveling other stats (except faith, which increases magic resistance ascmuch as Resistance I think, possibly more or less), but making resistance as liable until 50 as other stats would make it useful, as other stats you can increase up to 50 and it will function fine... Unlike resistance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 pm