Morningstar!

berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Morningstar!

Post by berkut on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:41 pm

I happen to absolutely love the morningstar, it is my weapon of choice for pve, and I will even try to take a go with it in pvp. I know it is not a very good weapon overall, I even made it a divine +10 morningstar, even though I only have like 30 faith silly.

I was wondering if anyone else uses this weapon for their toons, I have never seen another player in Dark Souls using it sad

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Morningstar!

Post by Wade_Wilson on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 pm

I rock a +5 Chaos morning star. Its good for breaking through an opponents defence and does about 300 damage per hit, but it's too slow to be appliable for every situation. The bleed effect is negligible since you wont be able to land enough hits in time to trigger it.

In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Indeed, one of the good things I find about it is that it is good at staggering opponents for the size of the weapon.

When discussing things, always strive to be as friendly and understanding as possible. When offensive, argumentative, or vague dialogues are used, it often causes the other readers to receive negative emotions from the post, which can create a toxic thread. If we all strive to be friendly and understanding, then we can avoid hurting peoples feelings happy.
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 pm

it's my secondary weapon for pve, i use the mace since i start the game with it and once upgraded it has an A in atr(morningstar has a B). but yeah i love the way it looks and i find myself using it often plus it has bleed.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:13 pm

The bleed is great when fighting enemies like the Anor Londo giants and some bosses (Stray Demon I think?). Definitely has helped me more than once. In regards to damage, I can easily do 300 damage with it per swing, much like Wade can.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:24 pm

yeah theyre both underrated weapons, the devs werent kidding about using your starting weapon forever if you wanted to. i use them with slb and it kicks ***, specially bosses. i have 50 str and 30 faith sl 120.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I tried to use it with my faith build initially but its pretty slow and it has terrible reach. I got sick of not connecting with things I was literally right on top of so I swapped it out for the great axe

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:25 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I tried to use it with my faith build initially but its pretty slow and it has terrible reach. I got sick of not connecting with things I was literally right on top of so I swapped it out for the great axe

im sorry but you must have crappy timing, i know it has poor reach but it's almost three times as fast than the ga when you connect which makes it a beter and stronger weapons since youre hitting at least twice in the same amount of time it takes you to hit something once with the ga but eeveryone has their prefered weapons.

BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:19 pm

I've never really liked any of the hammer weapons because of their move sets. I prefer to slash in both directions or stab, I just don't like having it attack from one direction every swing :|

Xbox - Menace238769
    Steam - BartholomewWenceslas
    GFWL - Gravenhime
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 pm

BartholomewWenceslas wrote:I've never really liked any of the hammer weapons because of their move sets. I prefer to slash in both directions or stab, I just don't like having it attack from one direction every swing :|

all weapons get boring eventually, some sooner than later.

berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 pm

The reason I fell in love with it was because I went down the elevator shaft at the very start of the game at Firelink Shrine. After I picked it up, I thought that it would be interesting to give it a shot. I then dropped down and had to fight skeletons.......Due to its ability to knock them down, I managed to beat 3 of them, doing negligent amounts of damage with each swing. I also noticed that it had a distinct vertical swing. This was great in areas such as the aqueduct between the shrine and the Burg, which I thought was great, since I found the horizontal swings of my broadsword to be limiting in tight environments. After a while it just kind of stuck, and it is easily my favorite weapon now happy

FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:02 am

i use a chaos +5 one with my petrus build. i am able to get by in pvp with it, although another weapon would be nice. I just roll and kick then smash.

edit: it would be cool if the hammers had a rolling slam attack like the great hammers. maybe a weaker version

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:28 pm