Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
JohnnyHarpoon
Maneater_Mildred
Carphil
Yarxov
Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
Danthuyer
10 posters

black bow of pharis - fallen off cliff ?

Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

black bow of pharis - fallen off cliff ? Empty black bow of pharis - fallen off cliff ?

Post by Danthuyer Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:05 pm

I was reading another topic relating to bows and saw some comments about this bow.

Unfortunately I knocked this character off the ledge (only last night) and they plummeted to their death which gave me an easy win and 5000 souls however I cannot loot this bow now......... OR can I ? is there a chance the body is below somewhere where I can still loot it ? or would the body and loot have disappeared after a certain time ?
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein
    Casual
    Casual

black bow of pharis - fallen off cliff ? Empty Re: black bow of pharis - fallen off cliff ?

Post by Dragpn_Slayer_Ornstein Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Same thing happened to me saturday,the archer decided to roll of a cliff.I don't think you can find the bow anymore since the body dissapear if it fall from a cliff unless there something where it fall.I even went to check the area behind the hydra just to make sure.Your gonna have to wait till NG+ to get it
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

black bow of pharis - fallen off cliff ? Empty Re: black bow of pharis - fallen off cliff ?

Post by Yarxov Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Can't you reload and the gear will be at the spawn? That's how it normally is.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Quit and reaload your character and the loot should be right in front of you. If nothing appears, then you will have to wait until NG+
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Or visit maneater mildreds store of tthe damned in the trading section.... If your on psn that is.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:58 pm

I thought Ads were hidden if you registered?
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:02 pm

I once almost went through the entire game thinking I'd missed on on the Black Bow due to Pharis having fallen off a cliff...but after weeks of defeating bosses, quitting, reloading, playing other characters, the drop was right where she spawns.
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks I will go back and have a look and hopefully it is there.

If not Maneater_mildred has kindly offered to give me a leg up in this area (thx mate)
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 pm

It's probably not there.. But don't worry, just get a longbow. You aren't missing much.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:38 pm

If he has a DEX build, the he IS missing the best bow
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Chances are he's on his first playthrough. Bows are incredibly underwhelming as it is, and a +15 BB is not really much more impressive than a +15 Longbow
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:52 pm

yes I am on first play-through and yes I am a dex build (or as close too as possible)

currently 35 dex, although i have read that it is not worth going much past 40 dex .... o should I just keep on stacking it to (theory) 99 ??
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Definetly not. Stop at 40. Stop everything at 40, diminishing returns.

Like I said, get a Longbow and just upgrade it normal path if you're dex. You raelly aren't missing out on much.
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:05 pm

i killed her without knowing she drops stuff (just walked away) and when i returned after anor londo i found her drops at her spawn
    papael
    papael

Post by papael Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 pm

It could be worse. I was fighting that bandit near Alvina and accidentally one shot the cat with a dragon tooth. 🇳🇴
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:30 pm

confirmed not there !

I went back and triple checked last night that the loot was not on the spawn spot of Pharis sad

However this little chap is one very happy customer from the 'Store of the Damned'

so I now do have the mentioned bow... however new questions is the upgrade path ? +15 or lightening +5 ? I have read that ascending this to lightening dam doesn't increase the arrow damage only melee damage ? can anyone confirm this please.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:19 am

that is the case. elemental upgrades for bows only increase the melee damage. best bet is to get it to +15 and then use elemental arrows.
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:36 am

thanks - by elemental arrows do you mean the ones that sell for 800 each from gian smith ? or something else ?
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:41 am

that's them. fire arrows, lightning, etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm