Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Maneater_Mildred
k0rruptid
6 posters

Favorite Fun Builds

k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Favorite Fun Builds Empty Favorite Fun Builds

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:48 pm

My main character in which i began the game when it first released, started as a pyromancer, completely owned the game pre-patch when pyro was even better, iron flesh tanked everything like a boss (4kings, gwyn, nito <-1st try with combustion sad). He ended up my favorite pvp character, simply because he can use any weapon (50 str, 45 dex) effectively, wear whatever armor ect.

My recent pure mage is great at 1 shotting people in regular invasions, ie not kiln. Invaded anor londo as a darkmoon, saw the host summon 2 phantoms on the screen, i knew where he was, he was at the bonfire in anor londo and and requiring some help of course. so 3v1. Sleep

And what do i see at the top of the stairs? (narrow corridor leading to the room with the giants/exit to anor londo bridge) a badass black phantom black knight.

So, i just wait, for about 15 minutes, as i watch the party of 3 with their damage to the enemies, i hear lots of spells going off, masses, spears, white dragon breath ect. The spells got so close the black phantom went to investigate, only to walk back to his position, then goto check it out again, then returning, which confused me. (did they aggro him or NOT??!?!?!).

Around the corner comes 3 players, 2 pure-ish mages, one had 50int and white dragon breath, host was a mage. As soon as they aggroed the gravelord enemy i rolled down the stairs and 1 shotted the host and 1 of his buddies with a crystal soul spear, at the exact same time as the black knight black phantom dies, the last guy alive casted white dragon breath, killing me instantly. He was the last man standing, but i still got my ear of the guilty player 👽

Went off topic a bit but it just had to be told. tl;dr

Anyway on my pyro character, which is like lvl 160ish now after pumping endurance/dex more. My favorite new way to pvp with him, is full havels, just for the troll factor, havels shield, his dragon bone thingy, and the key to this pvp style is anti backstab ALL DAY every day. I fat roll, and its hilarious. The single key factor to this build, is an offhand straight sword (or any similar fast weapon that can be swung in the left hand (r2). by mashing r2 when they get close for a backstab, they will consistently fail, due to a minor bit of stun from the left handed sword, if they hold their shield up they get stunned a tiny bit, still enough time to swing again and repeat as needed, until they back off a bit in which case i swing havels giant dragon boner, they are far enough away they cannot backstab.

Also using the poise ring, so 161 poise.

Can probably be backstabbed by lag, or bad judgement, ie swinging the slow ass dragon bone too many times and missing = free backstab.

Out of every weapon/combo ive tried, this is the most fun so far.

Post your favorite builds and any funny stories with said builds.

Trolls only.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Favorite Fun Builds Empty Re: Favorite Fun Builds

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Pvp as maneater mildred.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Pvp as maneater mildred.

Win silly
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Dual-wielding Dragon Bone Fists still holds a spot in my heart for favorite PvE run I've ever done big grin

I still get on it to co-op from time to time, though I'm not confident enough to take it anywhere near PvP lol.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:39 pm

my new str/faith hybrid is my fave so far, i just started invading with this char, i used to feel bad about invading but it grew on me, its fun screwing around with people. ive been invading in the first bonfire of tog, ive made so many people kill rhea and ive never gotten any hatemail, maybe they didnt have a faith build.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Pvp as maneater mildred.

Shocker.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 am