Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Time for a crap load of parry practice in pvp

Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Time for a crap load of parry practice in pvp Empty Time for a crap load of parry practice in pvp

Post by Wolfgrey666 Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 am

Well usually i ran pvp like this:

Full maxed out Darkwraith armor.
    Ring of Favor and Protection
    Havels Ring(only because of my soul lvl, once i decide to move on to the sl 120-125 deal, i wont be using it)
    Right hand: Estoc+15 ,Whip+10
    Left Hand: Talisman, Silver Knight Shield
    Miracle:Heal

It was very effective at Soul lvl 55.I did mainly Forest and Anor Londo invasions.

But now i have fallen in love with the painted guardian sword and priscilla's dagger...so i must dual wield them. Painted in off hand(because its slightly slower) and Priscilla in right. I won't be blocking anymore at all.Just parrying,all out attacking, and backstabs when the opportunity is there(i refuse to backstab fish, but if you run away its fair game).

I might get a catalyst to use hidden body. Though this goes abit against my nature of always bowing to my opponents.So only use hidden body if im nowhere near my opponent since im more or less an assassin anyway.

So what do you all think? Should i work on this and go nuts? Or is lag truly gonna be my worst enemy?
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Time for a crap load of parry practice in pvp Empty Re: Time for a crap load of parry practice in pvp

Post by Railage Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:35 am

You're going to die a lot.

You'll want to make them attack to test what they'll do and see how long they can attack for.

Then once you figure it out you'll want to make them attack you whilst close and you try and predict when they're going to do it.
    Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Time for a crap load of parry practice in pvp Empty Re: Time for a crap load of parry practice in pvp

Post by Wolfgrey666 Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:43 am

Railage wrote:You're going to die a lot.

You'll want to make them attack to test what they'll do and see how long they can attack for.

Then once you figure it out you'll want to make them attack you whilst close and you try and predict when they're going to do it.

Aye the truly hard part is the fact they know im going for a parry.Dual wield screams it. But i get what you mean.I used to duel wield Maxed Mercury Secret Daggers in Demon's but im very out of practice .
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:48 am

I recommend a baiting tool like throwing knives, possibly poisoned. Personally, as soon as I see you're out to parry I'm gonna make you take the first swing if I can.
    Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Post by Wolfgrey666 Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:58 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I recommend a baiting tool like throwing knives, possibly poisoned. Personally, as soon as I see you're out to parry I'm gonna make you take the first swing if I can.

Baiting tool, might be a good idea.Ill add that on. Personally if you don't have poise, ill have a fun time with Priscilla's R2. Its gonna be interesting though. All my battles will rest on who swings first and any sign of any opening at all big grin Very tense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:10 am