Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Rin
Akatik
vageta31
DxV04
Hylian
PhlyingDutchman
WyrmHero
Yesuurd
Wolfgrey666
Quarik
14 posters

Challenge: The Four Kings

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Challenge: The Four Kings Empty Challenge: The Four Kings

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:23 pm

I challenge the general public to defeat The Four Kings as the first boss of the game. NG+ is acceptable, but super points for NG. No bottomless box glitch, but you can upgrade your weapons via Andre and Vamos before fighting them. (Andre is accessible through Havel's door with the Master Key.) Go get 'em.
    Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Challenge: The Four Kings Empty Re: Challenge: The Four Kings

Post by Wolfgrey666 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Sounds like fun.I might just do that.With a thief no less.With the Bandit Knife and no shield. Or i will try anyway, probably gonna get murdered. big grin
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 pm

NG is easier than NG+
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Imposhibible
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 pm

I dunno. You'd be fully equipped in NG+, and if you have havels/giant/stone knight armor they're a cakewalk. They weren't terribly easy in NG either though. Also, if you have recording equipment, it'd be great to record from the beginning of the Asylum Demon fight to the Four Kings, if you're not doing any upgrades or anything.

Last edited by Quarik on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wolfgrey666
    Wolfgrey666

Post by Wolfgrey666 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Though the 4 Kings will have to be your second boss, as you need a certain ring to fight them lol.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Cancel what I said about BB glitching, you could do that glitch for the ring. No other glitching though. Or you could fight Sif. Most of the challenge was just fighting them without proper equipment. Sif would be a bit of added challenge. UP TO THOU!
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 pm

In theory, you could pick up Great Magic Barrier from Ash Lake, and grind out enough levels to use it, without fighting any bosses.

It is exceptionally useful against the kings. I solo'ed them on NG++ on my first try the other night. I forgot that transient curse was still active when I started the fight, so I had to take the first one on undefended, but I managed to tear through him with a SLB Balder sword, with some rolls to avoid killing blows a couple times, because each hit took nearly half my life. I started to cast GMB as the second one attacked. First hit from him took 45% of my health. Second hit, 45% again. I'm down to about 10% when the buff activates. He grabs me for the super attack. Holds me in the air. I say goodbye to my life. BOOM. Sill alive, with a sliver! Estusestusestus. Eat sunlight, foul beast of the darkness! Repeat for the other two. The damage reduction with the barrier on is incredible.

The only thing you can't get before fighting a boss is sunlight blade, but gold pine resin would work as a replacement. I think you should even be able to get a blade up to +15, too.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:58 am

Just don't challenge epicnamebro, because he can do it =p

He owned the Flamelurker with A SHIELD
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:00 am

good point ducthman. however, I love to curse new londo.. thanks for the target. but sadly I am not home to share the misery. 😢
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:08 am

If you're allowing people to level up then it's not that difficult at all since you can just raise end/vit and pimp out heavy armor and health and just tank them. There are 3 firekeeper souls you can get without killing a boss to get estus to +3 and then kindle the flame in the Valley of the Drakes cave for the shortest boss run.

Grab the claymore from the Wyvern bridge, get it to +5 fire from Vamos. Grab the red tearstone ring from Valley of Drakes. Farm the darkwraiths till you get a dark hand (80 magic resist). Armor is optional. Profit. Can be done with an SL 5 starting knight without leveling up. I did it naked, no shield with a standard +15 claymore at sl 5 and was using gold pine resin. Note a +15 isn't that great if you don't have the stats for scaling. If I had allowed myself a +5 fire claymore and some armor/shield it'd have probably been easier.

If hyper mode is too hardcore for you then start as a Pyro and grab power within from Blighttown and use that instead.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Wait, you can't kill them as the first boss in NG. You need the ring from Sif first.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 pm

lol, yes
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:41 pm

just done your challenge i started as pyro with master key as my gift i went 2 the forest joined the fh farmed souls till lv 50 with invades went 2 shiva n killed him and hes ninja bro for dwgr i got the elite set upgraded went 2 the drake from the havels tower for hes sword i went to ash lake for scales upgraded my drakes and went back to the forest farmed till 100 and killed the kings
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:54 pm

we need another challenge, I still claim four kings is harder NG+ I have never had a hard time killing them in NG, if you get a good weapon and havels ring/armor or you can even tank.turtle it, lots of estus and other healing items and you are set.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Hmmm... need to change this challenge. Firstly though, you can't get past +5 without the large ember, which is after Capra. How about... no levelling up, no firekeeper souls for upgraded estus, and no upgraded armor. You can upgrade your weapon to fire+5 if you want. Can't think of any serious loopholes in that. Or, if you're extra cool, beat NG without levelling and then fight them and sif with no armor.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:45 pm

i could most likely do this. but it honestly would just be a hassle not so much a challenge. maybe doing it with only starting equipment +9 and weapons +14 or something and under sl 20. i wish i had a device to record game footage but i would play way too much lol.forgot to mention but others did you can only drain the water you have to kill sif to survive in the abyss.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:19 pm

he said u can bb glich...only way to get the ring n stay with da challenge
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:16 pm

While I agree that there is a difference between tedium and difficulty, a low level playthrough itself isn't tedious. If anything it will teach you to play the game better as you won't be able to rely on any of the normal crutches like heavy armor, high health/stamina, etc..

The best type of challenge to the 4 kings is one with limited damage. His attacks are very easy to dodge so armor isn't an issue. Tanking him with high poise is really just easy mode since you can outheal his damage and heal through his attacks, but there's no challenge in that. Here is an sl 5 knight, no shield or armor, using a +15 claymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms8FN_W41VY&t=04m09s

One of my rules were no elemental weapons since they make lower level playthroughs a breeze with the right weapon. The +15 claymore only had an AR of 311 with my weak stats, compared to a +5 fire claymore that has 412. Using the gold pine resin took me above 400 but I still had to find time to apply it during the fight.

I'm now about to take on 4 kings with my SL 3 sorcerer and my only melee weapon is my +10 fire dagger(starting dagger), so again damage output is my main challenge. Even fully upgraded the dagger is really weak and it has horrible range. My only chance is to get into hyper mode and stay there the entire fight.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:27 pm

I was going to mention your shieldless, naked challenge, Vageta.

Your magic will make short work of the kings if you red-ring them. You'll have time to do explore the Abyss in the gap between kings 2 and 3.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:48 pm

callipygias wrote:I was going to mention your shieldless, naked challenge, Vageta.

Your magic will make short work of the kings if you red-ring them. You'll have time to do explore the Abyss in the gap between kings 2 and 3.

I was actually playing around with one of my other characters seeing how I might tackle them, but the spells don't seem to be my best option. Heavy soul arrow is far too slow and great soul arrow only does 250 damage even in hyper mode(note you can't wear bellowing ring while also wearing red tearstone due to sif's ring). To make it worse you can only safely fire off one soul arrow between attacks and it takes about 8 or so to take one down. The worst part is trying to stay in hyper mode when they use their magic attack. You have to heal to survive it, then hopefully get knocked back into hyper mode again which is difficult since I'm so limited on what shield I can use to tailor the damage to be just enough to hit hyper mode without killing me.

Sadly it seems my best bet is to use my dagger while in hyper mode as it far outdamages my magic in terms of speed. I can get 3 hits of my dagger in for 500+ damage in less time that 2 shots of my great soul arrow.

This is gonna be a fun one...
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 pm

You're a madman.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:46 pm

i saw a guy use slb on a dagger for the kings once, really effective and he wasn't in hyper mode either (was a summoned helper for ng+)

also a challenge i think might be fun would be to kill nito while naked except for a mimic head and a shield upgraded as you want it. (yes you hit him with the shield.) i would suggest either a fire bonewheel shield (actually done this but without mimic head...) or a fire/divine pierce or barbed shield. maybe a level cap of 50..... be warned that divine shields scale with int instead of faith.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:51 pm

i have done a low lvl playthrough but from what he originally described(even if you did bb glitch the ring) you would be forced into the fight with either a +5 weapon or fire weapon. after getting those its basically no different then most pve 4kings fights especially if you lvl up.

btw nice kill vageta
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 am

Wow. So apparently I suck really hard at the game and/or didn't quite specify the original rules and left loopholes. But yeah, gj vageta. What level were you in that video?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am