Areas for invasion

djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Areas for invasion

Post by djgq42 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:53 pm

i am new to invading and wondering what everyone's favorite area to invade is and why? i assume your preference depends on your sl, correct?
    reim0027

Re: Areas for invasion

Post by reim0027 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:58 pm

I don't invade often, I mainly do organized PvP. Some hot spots are Anor Londo, Burg, Painted World, and Dukes Archives.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Slvl 40-45: Anor Londo
    50-55: Any Lord area. (like crystal caves, Tomb of Giants or Lost izalith) Painted World.
    60+: Kiln of the First Flame or Painted World.
    99: Undead Burg-Parish or Anor londo
    111-130: Kiln of the First Flame
    10: Undead Parish
    20-30: Depths or Blighttown.

Some good levels to invade using Darkmoons' ring or the Forest Hunters' ring are 50, 60, 99, 120.

You also have the Fight Club, a little event organized in these forums.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:02 pm

reim0027 wrote:I don't invade often, I mainly do organized PvP. Some hot spots are Anor Londo, Burg, Painted World, and Dukes Archives.

i'd like to participate in the organized version as well. just looking to improve at pvp before i do. i am also looking for other players preferences.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Forgot about the Kiln! Oops.

djgg - http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t3178-psn-fc-s-chivalry-code

Come join us. You'll have a blast!

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:06 pm

djgq42 wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:I don't invade often, I mainly do organized PvP. Some hot spots are Anor Londo, Burg, Painted World, and Dukes Archives.

i'd like to participate in the organized version as well. just looking to improve at pvp before i do. i am also looking for other players preferences.

If you're new to PvP, you should try PvP in Anor Londo at lvl 40-45. Best place for practice, most people who host are either newbies or griefers, so it's a good way to learn the basics and acquire some practice against griefers.

You also have Painted World at Lvl 60. But keep in mind that most people there are of a med/high level of experience, so don't expect to find newbies there.

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:08 pm

reim0027 wrote:Forgot about the Kiln! Oops.

yeah, i've really enjoyed the videos. i'd just like get better before i do, i can't even bs or avoid being bs'd yet 😢 !
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:10 pm

djgq42 wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Forgot about the Kiln! Oops.

yeah, i've really enjoyed the videos. i'd just like get better before i do, i can't even bs or avoid being bs'd yet 😢 !

Best guide about BS in the internet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZeX-RCat8

djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:

If you're new to PvP, you should try PvP in Anor Londo at lvl 40-45. Best place for practice, most people who host are either newbies or griefers, so it's a good way to learn the basics and acquire some practice against griefers.

You also have Painted World at Lvl 60. But keep in mind that most people there are of a med/high level of experience, so don't expect to find newbies there.

seems to me that the better players are the best ones to learn from. i don't mind losing as long as i can learn something in the process.
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:12 pm

The lower of a level you are the more area's you're able to invade in. In all honesty you can get invasions almost anywhere at any level sub 120. Also, depending on how you invade you'll get different results.

My recommendation for you is to join the forest hunters or blades of the darkmoon. Either of those covenants are relatively easy to join. I've found that the lower level you are, the less experienced players you'll invade unless you're a forest hunter which I believe has no restrictions on sl.

My favorite places to invade are the depths, blighttown, tomb of giants, crystal caves and indoors in anor londo.

Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:13 pm

djgq42 wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:

seems to me that the better players are the best ones to learn from. i don't mind losing as long as i can learn something in the process.

If you want to fight lots of people go to Darkroot forest while in human form.

And if you want to fight "Elite" people go to Undead burg (<<preferably this) or Kiln of the First flame at a high level.

ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:16 pm

And practice your parrying! Generally because of lag you have to parry 1 second before you expect your opponent is going to attack. Don't parry while they are in their Attack animation (like when you do with mobs) because it won't work because of lag.

aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:25 pm

If you want to get better at PvP just go to the forest. Fighting 2 & 3 people at once will make 1v1 duels look easy. Anything after SL60 and you should be able to hold your own. There is a forest primer for tips.

As far as duels go, I like hosting/invading Dukes, PW, Kiln, catacombs (near 1st bonfire), Dark Anor (least favorite though), Burg, and the area before the centipede demon.

If you truly want to get better you're going to need to test out what strategies work out for you and put them to the test by going against huge odds (2 or 3v1 for instance). You'll get frustrated, but you will get better.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:23 am