Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Zechk
RANT
callipygias
reim0027
darksoulslover
9 posters

Just made my warrior

darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Just made my warrior Empty Just made my warrior

Post by darksoulslover Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:09 pm

ok i made a new char up and this is what i would like:

I picked a
    warrior. i want to do pve, sl i dunno what i want to achieve here. This
    is my ng char. What ever lvl it takes to keep beating it.

First priority is weapons dmg.
    next is spells

i wanna go str as main way of picking wep.
    wanna do faith and pyro - so attunment is needed. Dunno how much sad
    i want high end so i can wear the best armor and i want high hp to stay alive.and be agile at same time.

hard hitting agile warrior- but with faith and pyro happy

I wanna go toe to toe with the baddest of enemy's.

fig i can start by getting drake sword then picking other weps to buff. May be clay more?

Now the big question is what stats to do?
    also in what order to do stats so i can get a idea.

Like work str and vit at the same time till a certain number then att and faith?

Need some help. I think im gonna really like this char.

fig id make a new post. New char new ideas,.

sorry if i upset anyone
    reim0027
    reim0027

Just made my warrior Empty Re: Just made my warrior

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:19 pm

First off, you have too many wants for one build. You will end up with a character that can do a lot of things, none of them well. But, once you get to much higher levels, you will be able to do all those things. It'll just take you longer.

Here's my basic order of things, for people just starting out.

1. Get the Drake Sword. Every enemy will fall fast until you get to Sen's. Get the Lightning Spear there.

2. Get the Crystal Halberd in Anor Londo. It is really powerful against those enemies.

3. Get the Occult club in Anor Londo too. Delevel it to Divine.

4. Now, with Divine, you can do the catacombs.

5. Now you can warp and kindle up to 20 estus.

Stats: Level up dex and str just enough to use the weapon you want (start with the Claymore). Get that weapon to elemental (fire or lightning) and level it up from there. Fire Halberd also pwns everything.

Once you have your base str and dex, then start leveling up Vit and End. I usually shoot for 20 of each.

Once you're comfortable with your Vit and End, then start specializing in attunement/faith.

Are you looking for end stats for your pve build, or how to get there?

Here's some stats for a 120 Str Faith build.
    Warrior

Vitality 43
    Attunement 16
    Endurance 40
    Strength 40
    Dexterity 13
    Resistance 11
    Intelligence 9
    Faith 30

That will get you 4 attunement slots. You can go WoG, Replenishment, Great Combustion, and Fireball. Or, you can have SLB or DMB for buffs.

Clay or Manserpent Greatsword +15
    Fire Gargoyle Halberd
    Shield (Grass, Crest, Blood are my favorites)
    Canvas Talisman (best talisman for faith of 30)

Crown of Dusk and Bellowing Dragoncrest rings.

Once you get above 120, get faith to 50 and use the Darkmoon Talisman.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:50 pm

ty soooo much
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:54 pm

NP man. You'll probably get differing opinions here as well. That's part of the fun. There is no one way to do things.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:52 pm

If you're doing a pve NG+infinity build there's no such thing as too many wants. You can have it all, as long as you're willing to lose the ability to co-op/invade regularly with that character. You will still be able to be invaded the same as always, though.

My main guy is sl 361 now, and somewhere around NG+45. His stats are outrageous (82 str, 77dex, 55 faith, etc.), and he has every weapon imaginable fully upgraded and is still sitting on many, many unused slabs. The only stats I didn't upgrade beyond the 30s are int and attun, which I regret now, and am working to remedy, but at 1.4 million souls per level it's taking time.

Being invaded is interesting, because it takes either an elite player or a mistake on my part to be beaten. I don't buff or anything to try to make it a little more fair.

What's the farthest you've progressed so far, dsl? NG+?
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:22 pm

im a melee machine damn i cant believe. I did everything u said but upgrading. Just rang 1 bell and man i beat that lighting garg with melee. It felt so good.

my str and end is 20 str 16.

plus i got the ring that boost hp,end, stuff.

gonna work on faith and att now.

i havent beaten the game yet. Just need a push in the right direction. Since ive made 4 char and all are wrong. I like this warrior. I think my biggest part is which stats to raise at which time. IM learning tho.

Last edited by darksoulslover on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Keep it up man!
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:28 pm

im jonnyhendrix psn if anyone wants to co op somnetime

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Drake Sword & Lightning spear suck. Better off upgrading your own weapon. The Cemetery at the beginning of the game has Zweihander(at a mear +5 will do more damage than Drake sword while having a better move set) which can easily overpower the drake sword as well as Winged Spear which is infinity better than lightning spear(more range, stronger if upgraded, just as fast, with low requirements). Also since you said faith Astora's Straight Sword which can also be gotten at the beginning of the game not only has a better move set when compared to the Drake sword but could easily be made stronger than the drake sword before you're even able to obtain it. It is also a divine type which can kill the undead in catacombs. As a melee faith type there's just no reason why you shouldn't use Astora's Straight Sword it just makes the beginning of the game that much easier.

Also you don't necessarily need 40 endurance. Increase it based on what armor you ideally want to wear.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Drake Sword and Lightning Spear don't suck. They are great for early in the game, when you don't have the easy ability to upgrade weapons. They can be used with minimal stats. They are light. You can hold a shield and block and then attack. These are important for when you're first starting out and are new to the game. They are very useful until you can get your other weapons upgraded.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote:Drake Sword & Lightning spear suck.
    Both of these were a Godsend on my first playthrough.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:21 pm

reim0027 wrote:Drake Sword and Lightning Spear don't suck. They are great for early in the game, when you don't have the easy ability to upgrade weapons. They can be used with minimal stats. They are light. You can hold a shield and block and then attack. These are important for when you're first starting out and are new to the game. They are very useful until you can get your other weapons upgraded.
    You won't get the Drake Sword until the bridge while the Astora's Straight Sword can be obtained with the master key at the very beginning of the game. You can easily kill two lizards (barrel in undeadburg & another in dreedroot basin) to make it noticeably stronger than the Drake sword before even obtaining it. In order to get the drake sword early on without upping a weapon (meaning no +5 Zweihander which is EASY to make) you would need to invest points into dex & waste souls on a bow with arrows. By the time you get the lightning spear you're already in Sens Fort. Meaning by that time you should have gain necessary material to upgrade Winged Spear which is just as fast as a spear with more range & power. Meaning Lightning spear at that point is USELESS. After Sens Fort you're in AL which is where the blacksmith who makes lightning weapons is anyway. You could just as easily upgrade that Winged Spear into a lightning & would be better off because of the added range & power.

Also he's a strength/Faith build while Zweihander is a early high strength weapon & Astora's Straight Sword is a faith based weapon. Both of these which actually scale stats unlike Drake would make for a better weapon. Zweihander can also easily be upgraded to plus 5 by buying the meteral from the blacksmith that is located shortly after the bridge where you get drake.

You shouldn't be advertising noob strategy those two weapons suck based on when you actually get them in the game.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Gonna have to disagree with you then. These 2 weapons were great when I first started. Everyone has different strategies. There are more than one way to play the game. Don't be calling mine a noob strategy when it is extremely effective.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:34 pm

reim0027 wrote:Gonna have to disagree with you then. These 2 weapons were great when I first started. Everyone has different strategies. There are more than one way to play the game. Don't be calling mine a noob strategy when it is extremely effective.
    I my first playthrough I used the Drake sword for about 5 minutes before switching it out while I never used the lightning spear since by the time I got it I always had better weapons at that point. The R2 attack on the Drake Sword eats your durability so fast making the R2 not cost effective so early in the game. This limits your actual fighting ability early on. Being able to poke with Astora's Straight Sword or slam opponents to the ground using Zweihander makes for not only a better move set when compared to drake but also stronger weapons in general with a little maintenance.

Also like I said his build is strength/faith Astora's Straight Sword which is easily better than Drake is the obvious first chose in early weapons that he should be looking for.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:34 pm

also when you get to sen's fortress make sure you farm the two serpent guys at the begining for the man serpent greatsword, it's the best gs in the game imo when fully upgraded +15. i would try to follow what reaim said, specially if youre only pve'ing the lightning spear is all you need to finsh the game for the first time but try to make a fire weapon for duke's archives(theyre weak against it).

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Also I'd like to point out you get the Claymore in the exact same area where you get the Drake sword. For obvious reasons with a little maintenance the Claymore is vastly superior to the Drake Sword.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Gonna have to disagree with you then. These 2 weapons were great when I first started. Everyone has different strategies. There are more than one way to play the game. Don't be calling mine a noob strategy when it is extremely effective.
    I my first playthrough I used the Drake sword for about 5 minutes before switching it out while I never used the lightning spear since by the time I got it I always had better weapons at that point. The R2 attack on the Drake Sword eats your durability so fast making the R2 not cost effective so early in the game. This limits your actual fighting ability early on. Being able to poke with Astora's Straight Sword or slam opponents to the ground using Zweihander makes for not only a better move set when compared to drake but also stronger weapons in general with a little maintenance.

Also like I said his build is strength/faith Astora's Straight Sword which is easily better than Drake is the obvious first chose in early weapons that he should be looking for.

dude, this is probably his first time playing this game, he's probably gonna take a while to get used to it, i took forever the first time to beat it(mainly cause i wanted to find everything and i tried to stay alive as much as i could but invasions every five min didnt help), he's probably gonna take it easy like you should and im kinda jealous cause the first time is the most fun, specially if you dont look anything up, the surprises is the most fun in the game. this is a pve build just follow what reim said about leveling and then just do whatever you want, your first build is supposed to be your all around build so you can try all the weapons in the game and then make a build around the weapon(s) you like the best.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 pm

He's on a forum asking for advice. Meaning he's looking for information to help him along in his playthrough. Mite as well give him correct information instead of n00b guidance. Drake sword is a n00b weapon.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote:He's on a forum asking for advice. Meaning he's looking for information to help him along in his playthrough. Mite as well give him correct information instead of n00b guidance. Drake sword is a n00b weapon.

lol that is what he is, everyone used that weapon for the first time, it ts a good weapon till sen's and everyone used it the first time and don't even try to deny you didnt use it cause that would be a lie.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:58 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Oo1Zer0 wrote:He's on a forum asking for advice. Meaning he's looking for information to help him along in his playthrough. Mite as well give him correct information instead of n00b guidance. Drake sword is a n00b weapon.

lol that is what he is, everyone used that weapon for the first time, it ts a good weapon till sen's and everyone used it the first time and don't even try to deny you didnt use it cause that would be a lie.
    In my first playthrough I first got the Drake Sword by running up to the dragon & smacking it's tail with a upgraded Zweihander. Probably died like 10 times trying the first time but I wanted to gain the weapon like a man. Like I said I used it for like 5 minutes & quickly discovered that it was not only weaker than my Zweihander but also ate durability if you spammed the R2. After that I switched it back for Zweihander followed by switching that for Man serpent. As for a defensive spear weapon I used Winged Spear & had it upgraded to a point where lightning spear was clearly useless by the time I got it.

On my faith build I picked up the Astora's Straight Sword & quickly noticed how broken the weapon is for the beginning of the game. You can easily max that out before you can even buy twinkling & safely use it for a large portion of the game.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Oo1Zer0 wrote: Drake sword is a n00b weapon.
    If there is a word on this forum that should be edited out, that's the one. If nothing else for the user's sake.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 pm

There are a variety of weapons that can be gained early on that are superior to it for his type of build for a number of reasons. Please explain to me how what I'm saying about the Drake is incorrect.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Let's move on. This really isn't helping dark anymore. We have given him a few different ways of doing things. Can we let this rest?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Just to add on Havels ring can be gained early on with the master key in undeadburg. An easy way to kill Havel is by simply kicking him off the stairs repeatedly. Once you get the timing down you can do it easily with a level 1 character. If you don't have the master key you can quickly get the actual key for the door in Darkroot by killing the moonlight butterfly. To Cheese that simply summon the NPC who's sign is located behind a bush under the stairs leading to the boss. All you have to do to win the fight is dodge & the NPC will do the rest. You also get the divine ember which will come in handy for Catabombs & works well with Faith/Strength builds encase you don't get the Astora's Straight Sword in the beginning of the game.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 pm

^^ Good advice. Havel's ring is really helpful. I also just BS him to death, but have never tried the kick off the stairs. And, that NPC phantom slaughters the Moonlight Butterfly. It is really sad to see how fast she falls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:19 am