Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Google Translater

Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Google Translater Empty Google Translater

Post by Kirk-Barb Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:53 pm

I have noticed that the majority of people I co-op and get invaded by list their language as Japanese. I have sent short messages to a couple of them and have received a response each time. This morning I was trying for the Drake sword from the dragon's tail. As I went up the ladder and turned the corner to climb the stairs I found the door above blocked and I was invade. I have read about this glitch earlier in this forum so I knew what was going on. I did check around just to make sure the invader wasn't below me at the campfire though. The invader listed his language as Japanese, but I sent him a message telling him I was not in his area. I suggested he leave and try again. He replied that he was out, and the barriers came down. As I waited at the campfire in Undead Burg for him to try again and get some other poor soul to fight with. It dawned on me he was replying to me in English. Like the true American that I was, I had never once in my life even attempted another language. I'm impressed, so I sent him a message saying so. He responded that he would like to learn English, but that he was using Google Translation to read and respond to my message. I have never even heard of it before. I'm still impressed. For those of you, like me, who like to play Dragon Souls online, feel free to respond to others no matter their listed language.

Last edited by Kirk-Barb on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing ponies to souls)
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Google Translater Empty Re: Google Translater

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:45 pm

I do that when I talk to people of other languages but I always include the english part. I hope they like. I do it as a show of respect.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:25 pm

I have my PSN languages set as french and portuguese because I don't enjoy getting spammed and lots of people stop messaging you when they don't think you speak english.

It also doubles as a nice way to practice my other languages because people will send me messages in those languages and I will respond using them. Probably my poor grammar gives me away since I don't consider myself fluent in either, but I can get my point across spoken or written most of the time.

Lots of players with other language settings other than english are probably atleast using a workable english they learned in school, or might be like me and just be looking for practice in another language. Just try to keep your messages to them simple, and like the person above me said it helps ALOT to send it in 2 langauges if you have the time, even if one of them is just a google translated version.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 am