This will ruin games forever

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

This will ruin games forever

Post by RANT on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:08 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/this-could-be-big-abc-news/eyes-instead-mouse-151319314.html

i'm actually amazed at the technology, specially for disabled people but they mentioned it can be used for video games like shooter but if they do it's gonna be so damn easy to kill people but it would be hard to implemented to other games like dark souls though. what do you guys think, it deff ruins shooter imo.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: This will ruin games forever

Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:30 pm

I read about something like this a few years ago. The thing I read was a third party controller that you wore sort of like glasses, but facing the back of your head, and it had a couple of those suction cup sensor things that you attached to the back of your neck where your spine meets your skull. The article said something about picking up certain kinds of electric impulses that your nerves emit when you think certain things in order to act as a controlling device. I don't think I'd be all that comfortable with the idea. I guess I'm not the only one either because according to the article it would have been out years ago now.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:56 pm

I want that for ACE COMBAT games or any type of jet fighter game so I can look around with out having to hold Y.
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:15 pm

i realy love the fact that this could help people with certain disabilityes...but the gaming part has a big flaw in it it is the console makers that decide if this could help and to change gaming as we know it and thers a long way till sony or microsof put this onto their consoles and even a longer wait for game makers to use it

Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 pm

This will ruin games imo. Your mind is far faster than your body.

xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Nothing will be replacing controllers for a while imo. Of course there will be gimmicks like Kinect, but i think there will always be normal controls for the majority of gamers that prefer it...

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:18 pm

the moment controllers are replaced is the moment i quit gaming forever. if i wanted to move i would go outside.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 pm

RantFromRant wrote:the moment controllers are replaced is the moment i quit gaming forever. if i wanted to move i would go outside.

Spoken like a true gamer big grin

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:30 pm

You know what, some of those ideas could be cool for a game idea. One of those, Power great responsibility things. You are basically a god, anything you think becomes a reality, and the game picks up on that. Will you end up *** up everything? Can you control your emotions and mind and keep the world a pleasant place? What will you do?

I imagine the coders of this game would kill themselves after completing it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:33 pm