Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
RANT
Gravelord hunter
6 posters

Trying out new pvp build want peoples opinions

Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Trying out new pvp build want peoples opinions  Empty Trying out new pvp build want peoples opinions

Post by Gravelord hunter Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:18 pm

So i wanted to try out a build which uses a straight sword in the main hand and a spear or halbert or something in the off hand and was just wondering if people have ever come across this in pvp and what your thoughts were on it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Trying out new pvp build want peoples opinions  Empty Re: Trying out new pvp build want peoples opinions

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:20 pm

i see that all the time, bss and demon spear or any other spear in the off hand, it's annoying as hell, specially with the lag.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Trying out new pvp build want peoples opinions  Empty Re: Trying out new pvp build want peoples opinions

Post by Railage Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Main Hand the Spear and Off Hand the Sword and you can be just like Hildegard from Soul Caliber, which would be cool.

Might be hard to PvP on though, unless you're the master of parries.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:28 pm

the original idea was to be like hild actually i though she had main hand sword and off hand spear, i'm not too good at parries. What about greatsword + off hand spear. I realize now that short swords arnt the best weapons as they cannot stun lock very easily but i though i'd need something fast for when they got too close or is speed not even necessary?
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:32 pm

I see now that people who do this build go with straight swords any indication as to why that is?
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:39 pm

I have no clue, I haven't ran into many people using this combo..

Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:44 pm

rant? why do you say bss?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Gravelord hunter wrote:rant? why do you say bss?

balder side sword, its pretty good specially when buffed and has the longest range of any straight sword and has a poking r2 attack that has sick reach. it's a good strategy cause it keeps your oponent back when you poke.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:01 pm

hmmm i though the spear was used to poke and keep people at bay than for your main hand you wanted something for killing fast and can the bss stun lock on people with 51 poise after 2 hits? Anyways thanks for the input im gonna try the bss if i can get these balder *** to drop 1
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:02 pm

falchion?
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 pm

again not enough dmg and stun lock potential if it was between the short sword and flacion i'd still go short sword because i don't like the curved swords moveset
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:05 pm

i meant they have the spear in the off hand and the buffed bss on their right hand. they poke with the spear to try to throw you off and get some hits with the bss.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:18 pm

okay thanks for everyones input!
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:56 pm

murakumo? great scythe? claymore?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:04 pm

If you want to stunlock players you'll have to use the greatsword two handed. I say try the straight sword and experiment, if you think it is not doing enough damage switch to a greatsword.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:20 pm

stunlocking is almost always done while 2h a greatsword/ultra greatsword so stunlocking wouldnt be something that type of build would depend on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:35 am