Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
lextune
RANT
exandroide
Baal-Avatar
VIcious72
9 posters

Strength Build Questions

VIcious72

Strength Build Questions Empty Strength Build Questions

Post by VIcious72 Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:18 am

Hi guys,

I currently have a toon with the following stats (Level 38):

V:26
    At: 8
    End: 24
    St: 20
    Dex: 13
    Res: 11
    Int: 9
    F: 9

I do not glitch, therefore, I'm using whatever I find from the game. I've completed Burgh, Blighttown, Parish, so I'm up to Sen's, but I haven't started it. I'm currently using either Chain Mail, or Hard Leather Armor. I haven't beaten Havel. I also am using a longsword +7.

Suggestions for a build that's both effective for PvP and PvE. Weapons I should be using? Best Armor?

I usually do Dex builds, so this is a new thing for me, hence my questions. Any thoughts you have are much appreciated. Thanks a million.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Strength Build Questions Empty Re: Strength Build Questions

Post by Baal-Avatar Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am

Stength builds are a lot of fun but a little slow. Here are the weapons I use. They all do substantial damage at +15. I would say try them out and see which one fits your style the best.

Since most of these weapons are also heavy, I would probably put a few extra points in endurance to increase your equipment burden.

1 - Man-Serpent Greatsword: Drops from Snake-Headed Soldier in Sen's Fortress

2 - Zweihander: Obtained in the Graveyard area next to one of the large skeletons near Firelink Shrine

3 - Demon Great Machete: Can be purchased from Shiva of the East

4 - Club: Purchased from Undead Merchant for 150 souls

5 - Large Club: Drop: Infested Barbarian (Club) in Blighttown.

6 - Great Club: Found in Blighttown near Quelaag's Domain. Pocket island with Rock-Tosser Barbarians.

Here are the stats for my 120 pure strength build that I use for PVP. For buffs I use Gold Pine Resin.

vit 50
    att 8
    end 60
    str 40
    dex 14
    res 12
    int 8
    fai 10

I hope this helps.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:41 am

i'd keep the VIT at 40 (possibly use the ROFAP) and pump the STR to 50 so you can be a beast and one hand just about anything.

the Man-Serpent GS has great scaling and a good moveset. i HATE the Zweihander myself, but lots of people like it. the Large Club and Great Club are both really good; GC is free in Blighttown. LG is a semi-rare drop from the big fat club barbarians and infects toxin staus.

BUT! i know it's kinda looked down on around here, but the Black Knight Great Axe is probably the all-around best STR weapon. great moveset, stunlock ability and WAY fast for what it is. if you PVP you'll probably get parried a bit, but you'll also brutally murder a lot of people. sadly, there's only 1 chance of a drop in the catacombs that doesn't respawn, until you get to the Kiln

invest in Pyro too. combustion and great combustion will help a bunch.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:36 am

heres my paladin leeroy build, all i have are str/fai builds.
    vit:40
    att:14
    end:40
    str:50
    faith:30

the rest is base. if you are in sen's fortress make sure you kill the first two in the begining until you get the man serpent greatsword that they drop, it's one of the best str weapons in the game, it has an A in str. you should also try the demon great machete, the capra demons drop it or you can buy from a merchant, its on the top three most powerful STR weapons in the game and has a good move set, also try the rest of the weapons baal mentioned and make sure you do not go above 14 dex, you dont need it, i always have 8 dex in all my builds and don't go above 40 str like my build, its better to put those extra points in vit.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:50 am

exandroide wrote:
    BUT! i know it's kinda looked down on around here, but the Black Knight Great Axe is probably the all-around best STR weapon. great moveset, stunlock ability and WAY fast for what it is. if you PVP you'll probably get parried a bit, but you'll also brutally murder a lot of people. sadly, there's only 1 chance of a drop in the catacombs that doesn't respawn, until you get to the Kiln

You forgot to suggest full havel or giant armor and the flip ring..... Strength Build Questions 2707236321

....ug.....

Don't use the BKGA, it is the most overused weapon in the game.

I assume they started using such a ridiculous set up because they lost to it a bunch of times, and decided if they couldn't beat 'em they'd join 'em.

So when I see ninja flipping giants wielding the BKGA I become the cheapest player I possibly can. I can't help it. Backstab. Chain backstab. Spell spamming. Kicking off cliffs. Whatever it takes, lol.

Don't be just another clone. Lose a few fights with a more individual set up and you'll get better. Any weapon/set up can be effective if you work at it.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:10 pm

lextune wrote:
    exandroide wrote:

You forgot to suggest full havel or giant armor and the flip ring..... Strength Build Questions 2707236321

....ug.....

Don't use the BKGA, it is the most overused weapon in the game.

I assume they started using such a ridiculous set up because they lost to it a bunch of times, and decided if they couldn't beat 'em they'd join 'em.

So when I see ninja flipping giants wielding the BKGA I become the cheapest player I possibly can. I can't help it. Backstab. Chain backstab. Spell spamming. Kicking off cliffs. Whatever it takes, lol.

Don't be just another clone. Lose a few fights with a more individual set up and you'll get better. Any weapon/set up can be effective if you work at it.

Theres nothing wrong with the black knight greataxe. Dont hate the weapon just because some flipping tanks use it. It has high requirements, isnt a guaranteed drop, requires 82,000 souls in upgrades alone and cant be buffed. It also weighs a lot.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 pm

it's actually not that heavy compared to other weapons that arent strong when not buffed and you can get all the bk weapons before you fight the last boss OP. it's actually realy easy to parry, once you parry it once you can parry every time after that, takes a little bit of practice. but yeah, if people see you with it they're gonna bs you to death because most people that use it are noobs that just spam r1. but it is up to you, try all the weapons and stick with what you like and does good damage.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:01 pm

@ Wade_Wilson,
    It practically IS guaranteed since you can farm for it.

@OP
    The Mace has A scaling in str, deals blunt damage too which is very effective. I haven't tried it though, it might be a decent alternative to Greatswords.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:12 pm

I don't know why people use the Black Knight Great Axe. You can't buff it, you need to waste 18 dexterity that has 'E' scaling, and only a 'B' scaling in strength. Do people even consider this? I don't know why they use it for BS, it doesn't even have critical damage. What am I missing?

Edit: I will post this in the Pvp section so we can discuss it there.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : gramatic)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:59 pm

the bkga along with the claymore are the noob tubes of dark souls, theyre very easy to use and do hight damage quickly. but rnd game weapons they are not, specially against someone that know how to parry, the 1h r1 of the bkga is really easy to parry. and i cant believe i forgot about my mace(i always start as a cleric), it's awesome for pve, specially for bosses, has an A in str and is fast if you connect all your hits, deff use it.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:01 pm

jeez! you guys act like the BKGA stole your girlfriends!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:10 pm

exandroide wrote:jeez! you guys act like the BKGA stole your girlfriends!

what?
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:59 pm

what? we've never had girlfriends!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Wisp wrote:what? we've never had girlfriends!

lol exactly
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:13 am

well, *I* like the BKGA. it's awesome for PVE and pretty damn good for PVP. i only get parried in FC (so i don't use it there)

i think there's a lot more weapons that are over-used and noobish. like, pretty much anything lightening
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:32 am

exandroide wrote:well, *I* like the BKGA. it's awesome for PVE and pretty damn good for PVP. i only get parried in FC (so i don't use it there)

like i said, if you go up agaisnt a good player you will get owned, bkga is good agaisnt noobs and people that can't parry.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:53 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    people that can't parry.
    Like Me!
    (Honestly I CAN, but if I miss it I'm stunlocked and 2 shot, too risky trying to 'guess' lag.)
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:31 am

RantFromRant wrote:

like i said, if you go up agaisnt a good player you will get owned, bkga is good agaisnt noobs and people that can't parry.

sounds kinda elitist, but okay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 am