Gravelord Sword poison

    Share
    avatar
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 464
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Akatik on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 pm

    Is it just me, or is the poison on this blade a little redundant?

    It's great that you can poison players in PvP even while they are blocking. But even if they get poisoned, they can always quickly heal themselves.

    In PvE, I haven't been able to poison any bosses with this. And, it's so strong that no regular enemy can survive 3-4 hits with this thing to get poisoned in the first place.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Carphil on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:45 pm

    Is good to poison Phantoms, not hosts -__-

    After the phantom gets poisoned, they have some options:

    1-Run, hide somewhere to search the inventory for a purple moss clump. Thats where they are vunerable and you have a oportunity to strike them.

    2-Gets crazy and rush at you, if they kill you fast, poison won't be problem for them.



    Is good to hide this weapon and only show when you are read to attack, because they will be unprepared to cure the toxic effect.


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2648
    Reputation : 60
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Las Noches, Hueco Mundo

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by DxV04 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:38 pm

    If they are not prepared to heal themselves it works beautifully. Not everyone is expecting poison and if they pause to try you can BS.
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by BLA1NE on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:00 pm

    Am I the only one who isn't bothered at all by poison or toxin in PvP? Bleeding, on the other hand, is a serious matter!


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 464
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Akatik on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:14 pm

    Bleed? Really, I thought it was the other way around.

    I might need to break out my Flamberge.


    _________________
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by BLA1NE on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:22 pm

    Ah, but not so much from the Flamberge! It's a slow weapon, so if your opponent is agile and dodges, he'll be able to brush off the bleeding before you manage to hit him again. With a katana or a dagger though, you get a lot more hits in quicker, so the bleed meter will fill before it has time to start draining.


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    sen545331
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 112
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by sen545331 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 pm

    might want to point out that the GLS actually does toxin, which requires the rarer/more expensive blooming clump

    in addition to doing something like 6 or 7 hps instead of 3-4
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:53 pm

    BLA1NE wrote:Ah, but not so much from the Flamberge! It's a slow weapon, so if your opponent is agile and dodges, he'll be able to brush off the bleeding before you manage to hit him again. With a katana or a dagger though, you get a lot more hits in quicker, so the bleed meter will fill before it has time to start draining.

    don't forget the lifehunt scythe where 2 hits take down 50% of you opponent's HP due to the bleedin


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 464
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Akatik on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:57 pm

    Off topic, but the gravelord sword +5 is still my hardest hitting weapon due to it's high base damage.


    _________________
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:58 pm

    simple its one of the few worthwhile boss weapon (it is a boss weapon)
    which have been destroyed in this game


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Carphil on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 pm

    Is good at NG, but once you get to Kiln, its trash


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 464
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Akatik on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:simple its one of the few worthwhile boss weapon (it is a boss weapon)
    which have been destroyed in this game

    Destroyed?
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm

    Akatik wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:simple its one of the few worthwhile boss weapon (it is a boss weapon)
    which have been destroyed in this game

    Destroyed?

    Compare boss weapons from demon's souls to dark souls

    there is a HUUGE diference demon's souls boss weapons were actually worth wasting the time to get

    now they completely ruined on dark souls their scaling sucks and their damage is not near enough to compensate for the poor scaling

    "destroyed" means Ruined,toned down,etc

    you get what i mean


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 464
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Akatik on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:10 pm

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    Akatik wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:simple its one of the few worthwhile boss weapon (it is a boss weapon)
    which have been destroyed in this game

    Destroyed?

    Compare boss weapons from demon's souls to dark souls

    there is a HUUGE diference demon's souls boss weapons were actually worth wasting the time to get

    now they completely ruined on dark souls their scaling sucks and their damage is not near enough to compensate for the poor scaling

    "destroyed" means Ruined,toned down,etc

    you get what i mean

    Right, I have a 360, I never played Demons Souls. But I get what you're saying, I've tried a few boss weapons and they don't seem worth it at all.
    avatar
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1652
    Reputation : 76
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Location : Otherwhere

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by SlakeMoth on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:47 am

    Well I like it. Sure it's slow but it does hit hard and coupled with Havel's armour and ring + that ring which gives you quick stamina recharge (sorry I forgot the name) it totally rocks. Enemies don't last long enough to die of poisoning, although I'm talking about PvE here.
    avatar
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 464
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Akatik on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:08 am

    SlakeMoth wrote:Well I like it. Sure it's slow but it does hit hard and coupled with Havel's armour and ring + that ring which gives you quick stamina recharge (sorry I forgot the name) it totally rocks. Enemies don't last long enough to die of poisoning, although I'm talking about PvE here.

    Oh yeah, I still use the sword a lot. It's a great weapon.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Gravelord Sword poison

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:44 am