The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Share
    avatar
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 24
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by ViralEnsign_ on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:28 am

    As the name suggests a perfect toon for Gravelording in the Parish and at the same time able to anti grief with the best of them.

    I need suggestions for this. However the GL must either use the Sword Dance or the Gravelord Sword. Other than that anything else is open to me. Currently I'm running my typical Duals Kats with Hollow thiefs.

    Also If you were a dastardly evil and down right putrid, vile and evil, scum based, faeces faced, nasty scum bag of a villain would you have the normal body type ing DkS or the Slim one?


    _________________




    PSN- ViralEnsign_

    [[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by befowler on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:44 am

    My experience has been that sl 20 chars in that area seem to pick the lowest stat req weapon they're comfortable with, load up on pyro, and spend their other levels on vit/end. As the gravelord sword requires a bit of str even 2hd, I'd instead go with the greatsword dance which has no reqs. Wear maybe a mix of kirk's and the darkwraith set, slim body type, and use a scythe/great scythe or other low req weapon. Most of these will have similar reqs to basic bows or crossbows so you can add that into the mix if you like. Poison and toxic pyros are themely but you also have the rest for anti griefing. Havels ring + DWGR should get you flipping, or you can RoFap if you want a shot at surviving a griefer backstab at low levels. 'cause most of what they do is backstabs


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by WyrmHero on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 am

    You'll have to use the gravelord sword two handed, 24 is too much strength wasted. Put str up to 16, and test the endurance points with the sword equipped and armors you'll like to use. Most griefers like to use claymores, so remember to have at least 53 poise. What befowler said about armor is a good idea, but you'll have to equip high-poise gloves or leggings, while wearing cool-looking armor. Havel's ring and DWGR is a must.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by aceluby on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:54 am

    My question would be... do griefers generally keep the boss open so they can be invaded/gravelorded? Given the mentality of griefers my guess would be no in which case you'll mainly be gravelording n00bs.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW

    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 427
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Canada

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by PPG-3- on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 am

    I made a similar build. 2handing GL sword @ level 18 now. Was GL'ing in the parish until I came to that same conclusion...the ppl I'm cursing are probably not the people I want to be cursing. Headed down to blighttown...but still getting that same feeling. I'm thinking either Sens or Anor Londo area. But that would require me to double up at least to the lvl40 range. Maybe 50. I could do Anor Londo area and probably painted world.

    What do you guys think would be a good level for this type of build to avoid the newbies who just want to play the game but give some ppl hungry for some PVP or some general cursing some fun?
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by WyrmHero on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 pm

    Damn, totally forgot about that. Those morons usually beat the boss first or will just ignore the GL sign.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by aceluby on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:13 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:Damn, totally forgot about that. Those morons usually beat the boss first or will just ignore the GL sign.

    Exactly. The ones you want to gravelord probably beat the boss so they don't get invaded while trying to grief, and those that you don't want to gravelord will, but will probably not even know what that sign is and will probably ignore it since it asks if you want to invade.

    I was GL a couple days ago in the forest area by the moonlight butterfly at SL30 or so and that was a whole lot of fun (he was a pretty bad griefer).


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 24
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by ViralEnsign_ on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:53 pm

    aceluby wrote:My question would be... do griefers generally keep the boss open so they can be invaded/gravelorded? Given the mentality of griefers my guess would be no in which case you'll mainly be gravelording n00bs.

    Nope they most certainly keep the boss open. I had two guys, thier PSN's shall remain a mystery, the first of who inavaded me as a dark spirit this after killing him as an SoV several times. He used +5 lightning and Giants and Twop etc. the opther guy used light armour dusks crown and WOG spam. They all came back as SoV's.

    I do get the odd newbie, though most stay away from Gravelord signs as its probably intimidating, but the curious ones often get trashed by me the first match followed uo by my immeadiate apology if I recognised them as a newbie (down to weapon and armour choice) and an invitation to re invade where I will match their weapon level and armour choices.

    A few times the SoVs just come practice parries and PvP and foten friend me and ask for more sessions.

    As for the build it seems like the Gravelord Sword is out. In that case ill tie the build to the Gravelords with the Sword Dance.

    I hate Pyromanc as I feel its too easy to get into trolling people with it (NOT SAYING IT DOESNT REQUIRE SOME SKILL TO USE EFFECTIVELY) but I dont really care for it. And to match rhe griefers I'd have to go to blightown with e +10 flame.

    Other than that its now down to str or dex. Props and cons fo each at low levels?


    _________________




    PSN- ViralEnsign_

    [[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by WyrmHero on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 pm

    16 str, 13 dex is enough (two-handed).


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 341
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 25
    Location : Durant

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by Railage on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 am

    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    aceluby wrote:My question would be... do griefers generally keep the boss open so they can be invaded/gravelorded? Given the mentality of griefers my guess would be no in which case you'll mainly be gravelording n00bs.

    Nope they most certainly keep the boss open. I had two guys, thier PSN's shall remain a mystery, the first of who inavaded me as a dark spirit this after killing him as an SoV several times. He used +5 lightning and Giants and Twop etc. the opther guy used light armour dusks crown and WOG spam. They all came back as SoV's.

    I do get the odd newbie, though most stay away from Gravelord signs as its probably intimidating, but the curious ones often get trashed by me the first match followed uo by my immeadiate apology if I recognised them as a newbie (down to weapon and armour choice) and an invitation to re invade where I will match their weapon level and armour choices.

    A few times the SoVs just come practice parries and PvP and foten friend me and ask for more sessions.

    As for the build it seems like the Gravelord Sword is out. In that case ill tie the build to the Gravelords with the Sword Dance.

    I hate Pyromanc as I feel its too easy to get into trolling people with it (NOT SAYING IT DOESNT REQUIRE SOME SKILL TO USE EFFECTIVELY) but I dont really care for it. And to match rhe griefers I'd have to go to blightown with e +10 flame.

    Other than that its now down to str or dex. Props and cons fo each at low levels?


    I'd say free aiming Fire Balls is the only thing that requires skill from Pyromancy.


    _________________
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0D_q5VEaJQ    Chevelle - Sleepwalking Elite

    Sponsored content

    Re: The perfect Sl 20 Gravelord

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:25 am