Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
DoughGuy
OmniBot
Gol
billy_bayonet
hageshisa
SATLOS
PPG-3-
aceluby
Emergence
Blade of The Sun
TehInfamousAmos
roanispe
Rin
The_Tao
chaosrave
T-King-667
Glutebrah
meridam99
Baal-Avatar
Imarreteet23
FruitPunchNinja
Spurgun
Hylian
ted1023
Scudman_Slayer
Forum Pirate
Pargar-theGreat
LOLRagezzz
Jovias-86
CrackSouls
Reaperfan
The Once-Ler
Tolvo
BLA1NE
mofomey
JY4answer
GrEeNgObLiN
reim0027
Zechk
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Whknight
Glueguy
BroHepheastus
Serious_Much
Yesuurd
RANT
51 posters

Fight Club SL120 PSN

JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Fight Club SL120 PSN - Page 2 Empty Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

Post by JY4answer Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:59 am

@ Yesuurd: ABS?

Quick question, is the ocassional sheild poke okay? I feel that banning and BS as well is kinda taking a lot away from rapiers. Though I understand that turtles are annoying. I hate them too silly

Anyway GJ Rant. Long live FC!
    mofomey
    mofomey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mofomey Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 am

thanks rant, good rules, my host is at your service!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:26 pm

The no bs rule is good. I thought about playing devil's advocate for a second and say "but that disadvantages certain weapons and strategies" but then that just made me realize that, if that's all I could come up with, then we're better off with no bs! I thought we could limit bs to only certain classes of weapons, but then I don't like the play-style that allows: people fishing for backstabs, and not attacking anytime else. The problem about trying to bs is that it doesn't even leave you open to get parried; there's no downside to it, and if you do nothing else then there isn't much your opponent can do. So no bs! If you want to take advantage of critical hits, it's parrying or nothing.

And I like Mildred's suggestion about backstab self-refereeing. Backstabs are rare, but they do happen--and most of the time they happen through a fault of the backstabbee. I know I've done some strange rolls in that small arena that turned my opponent's regular R1 into an accidental backstab. In that case, I would retreat to my side of the arena, not heal, and bow to signify the fight is on. If anyone feels they got backstabbed through no fault of their own, and that it was an unfair move, then they can heal first, bow, and start the fight again.

Question: is this thread where we will learn the location of FC for every week? Say, if it goes from Btown to Sen's, it will be posted here?

Looking forward to fighting you guys again! Proper Bow
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:00 pm

@blaine the official arena is blighttown and if it's changed for an event or just for poops and giggles i will post it here.

@j4 the ocational poke through shield is cool, you know what a turtle is.

people were talking about the no bs rule as a disdvantage to rapiers but i thnk its a disadvantage to all weapons and i think some people think that since there's no bs when someone lets their guard down they should just wait for them and not attack since they cant bs, you know you can still attack without having to bs them, its actually easier to dodge and attack, specially agaisnt someone with a large weapon, you can get two hits in while their guard is down.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Rapiers do not need to BS to ****. silly

Blaine this is the new FC thread, so yeah this is where you can get informed on all things FC like when people are in the pit.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:24 pm

i forgot to mention no gmb/mb since casting it makes gmw useless and it mkaes slb the only viable buff, i never use gmb but there's a lot of people that use it.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i forgot to mention no gmb/mb since casting it makes gmw useless and it mkaes slb the only viable buff, i never use gmb but there's a lot of people that use it.

I agree.

You should edit that into the list on the 1st post.

I also noted that you dont have a lvl cap listed.... So before you list it... What do you think of lifting the lvl cap too 125? I like the idea and know afew ppl are already using 125s...
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:07 pm

I second the ban of gmb. It renders magic/enchanted based weapons useless and utterly destroys any magic build.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:09 pm

cap stays at sl 120, i dont get why people wanna get to 125, 5 sl's really that important? i always finish my buils at sl 116 or less.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm currently trying to find things to put in for my Str toon, I might actually go to 56 str just for Smough's hammer 1h lol.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:i forgot to mention no gmb/mb since casting it makes gmw useless and it mkaes slb the only viable buff, i never use gmb but there's a lot of people that use it.

I agree.

You should edit that into the list on the 1st post.

I also noted that you dont have a lvl cap listed.... So before you list it... What do you think of lifting the lvl cap too 125? I like the idea and know afew ppl are already using 125s...

I realize that I am pretty much a part-timer these days compared to most of you, but I am not sure I would agree with this. I know a number of us came over from the sl125 arenas and had to completely remake builds to match the sl120 cap. The SL 120 cap makes this FC unique and I have grown to like it. If everyone else is in favor I will allocate the additional 5 points to those builds, but I personally like the 120 limit (though I still have a couple of 125s left over for burg pvp).
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:22 pm

RantFromRant wrote:cap stays at sl 120, i dont get why people wanna get to 125, 5 sl's really that important? i always finish my buils at sl 116 or less.

Post it up in the list then to make it clear. Proper Bow
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah, I don't know where this 125 came from... With the diminishing returns the way they are in Dark Souls, if anything, I feel that 120 is too high. I don't see why people would want it higher. I'd vote for a SL99 cap! But I don't want to mess things up so I won't even propose a change. I'm fine with 120, wouldn't be happy with 125.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:41 pm

and just to be clear i know there's people that have used sl 125 toons but that's on you, this is about having fun and trusting everyone to follw the rules.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:42 pm

I've also learned from last night, Fire Tempest is definitely overpowered in that tiny arena, I won't be doing that again any time soon.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:42 pm

i actually always used to cap my toons at 99, it's classy but everyone had agreed on 120, specially demon's souls vets.
    BroHepheastus

Post by BroHepheastus Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Cool cool, so where do I sign up for these things or what time are they?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:00 pm

its on every saturday at 9pm eastern time but you could always post something here about getting together any day of the week, there's always people down for some duels.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:29 pm

I would like to contest this. GMB has a purpose as a counter to two builds, Faith buffing builds that use DMB instead of SLB and Intelligence builds. It is not an all-purpose counter such as TWoP, and can only really be utilized by one type of build (Faith builds) in a few fights, and it doesn't even cut out the effectiveness of all buffing builds, leaving SLB for Faith users as an option to counter GMB. I will admit GMB is more of an issue to deal with as an Intelligence build, but Intelligence builds have many options to keep aggressors away and are able to delay long enough until the spell wears off. A banning of GMB only further shoe-horns players into making buffing builds by removing one of the few spells that serves as an effective countermeasure. At the risk of sounding immature, should we also ban Karmic Justice because it counters melee users who use anything less than a large weapon, or Flash Sweat because it counters anyone using a Fire or Chaos weapon?

I believe more appropriate bans to consider, at least as long as we stick to the Blighttown Arena as our main zone, are the mass AoE spells such as Gravelord Greatsword Dance and the 3 variations of Firestorm. Due to the small size of the chosen arena, these spells are incredibly difficult to dodge when used appropriately, and given enough attunements could potentially be used to chain-lock someone to death should they be get hit once and be knocked down while near a wall.

Hoping for your classy replies,
    ~Reaperfan winking
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:51 pm

i get what youre trying to sa but yo know everyone uses dmb, cmw and slb. if everyone starts using gmb then the rest is gonna switch to slb, elemental weapons or +15 only because of it not that there's anything wrong with them, i use +15 with no buff a lot. buffs are what makes a lot of weapons viable. if someone buffs with cmw then you cast gmb are you gonna let them switch weapon adn buff again? or worse if people see that everyone is using cmw then everyone is gonna use vit builds.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:52 pm

I'll be honest and say I agree with the idea GMB is okay, All it does is basically stop the minute which you could use against me by just dodging anyway until the buff wore off.

However I don't think mass banning spells is a good idea reaper just because one which skirts the ideas of fairness is, it encourages those people who think that banning spells as a whole is a good idea. :|
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm

I always uses +15 and somethimes with buff if opponent buffs.
    Anyone online? I can host blight tonight?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:06 pm

If we are talking about banning spells because of the size of the arena maybe we should talk about banning rapiers, great hammers and long reach weapons that take advantage of lag and small size of arena.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Let's not overcomplicate things again.

By the way Green I'm free tonight.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:20 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i get what youre trying to sa but yo know everyone uses dmb, cmw and slb. if everyone starts using gmb then the rest is gonna switch to slb, elemental weapons or +15 only because of it not that there's anything wrong with them, i use +15 with no buff a lot. buffs are what makes a lot of weapons viable. if someone buffs with cmw then you cast gmb are you gonna let them switch weapon adn buff again? or worse if people see that everyone is using cmw then everyone is gonna use vit builds.

You describing all that, despite it being in a more negative outlook on the situation than I would put it, is exactly why I see it being a good thing. It will shake up the meta and put many different kinds of builds out there for people to use and work with, discovering new ways for PvP to happen. If all you want is to preserve the days where dueling means buffing a +15 Rapier or Spear, then I say go ahead and ban GMB. I feel, though, that if it is allowed, things would be more interesting, and we would at least see more types of builds when buffing your weapon may or may not always be an advantage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 pm