Can the community get any worse?

    Share
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:37 pm

    aceluby wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:you used cracked RED orbs right? i've had those things glitch and have my lvl 15 DW invade a lvl 176 BKGA user... it's quite possible you invaded a ng+ specially with those spells.

    There's no upper limit for DW...


    its possible he invaded high levels but if he did he would not have killed them because he owuld be dead within 5 seconds prior to the match starting

    also...i believe he was grieving,thats me anyway


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:40 pm

    actually i won that engagement, it is possible to win, you just have to not get hit... very hard with lag but possible, and a super bleed weapon like the scythe would even the odds a bit.

    Also anyone who invades in blighttown or catacombs is a griefer, i don't care what your equip is, your a jerk if you invade in those places they suck enough as is.


    Last edited by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added an opinion)
    avatar
    Specter737
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 145
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Specter737 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:14 pm

    I agree with all of this, because reasons.
    But grievers will always be grievers, and the more people hate on them, the more they're going to want to keep on doing what they do because they feed off of that attention.
    Luckily for us players with a bit more integrity and respect, there's almost always a way to deal with grievers so that they don't get what they want.


    _________________
    Check out my topic "Specter's Black Armory"!
    Get geared up!

    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:18 pm

    oh and if dw have no upper limit on any type of invasion... does that mean a lvl 700 ng+++++++++++ could camp in the burg with the boss not beaten?


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    Specter737
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 145
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Specter737 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:20 pm

    If earlier statements are indeed true, then I think so.


    _________________
    Check out my topic "Specter's Black Armory"!
    Get geared up!

    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by aceluby on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:25 pm

    It's possible, but I believe it tries to match your levels as close as possible first, so while they could camp so they could have an easy kill, it would probably be a while before being matched w/ the Lvl 9 griefers.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW

    bradnak
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by bradnak on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:35 pm

    I'm going to go with:

    1, Not everyone thinks an indictment is a reward. Many people think that the opposite is true - that you indict for people doing cheap tactics.

    2. If I understand correctly, you had to search for these guys who may have just been about their own business doing whatever game they found enjoyable. You sought and engaged them - they weren't waiting to duel you. They owe you nothing - as a matter of fact, even if they understood indictments to be a reward, in their minds your actions might be construed by them as griefing and not deserving indictment.

    3. Lifehunt scythe...SL9? So, you're in NG+, right. Frankly, the majority of min/max people are griefers (or 'grievers' as many of you are spelling it - I always assumed it was to descibe someone who caused 'grief' to other players). Without any empirical evidence to back this notion, I've always assumed that the majority of people at low SLs are new to the game, except in areas like Painted World, Forest, Anor/Dark Londo, or Kiln - generally accepted dueling areas. In Blighttown, I'd assume people there are questing, not looking to duel.

    I just don't see your point though I'm not really trying to change your mind - just offering an alternative.
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by ChizFreak on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:39 pm

    his1n- wrote:Alright guys, first of all, the title of course does not insult the
    entire community. Do you read the text below facepalming? ->Feel
    excluded.

    Now to the topic: We all know them, the people not knowing any feature
    of the game but WoG, 50000 ms backstabbers, BB glitchers, 3on1 parties
    waiting at spawnpoints, etc.
    I'm always like: Ah well whatever, I saw so many of them, let's just
    start the next invasion and eat a potatoe chip... But this time I just
    felt like having experienced the worst possible scenario of idiocy.

    The story:
    So here I am, performing a DW invasion with my level 9 build in Blighttown, spawning at the area of the boss.
    After I admitted no one is there, I ran towards the swamp, smartly equipping my iron ring.
    So, what is it what I see instantly?
    3, yes, THREE worthless BB glitchers in ONE game. All of them had the
    crystal catalyst, crystal soul masses, lightning zweihanders and a
    combination of Havel's/Gold Hemmed armor. I won't even ask why the
    leader doesn't kill Quelaag all alone...
    So we are in the middle of the swamp, they all trollfacing like hell,
    while I face them with a mixed medium armor (40 poise), Lifehunt
    Scythe/Grass shield/8 Great Combustions. (Answers also why I'm level 9,
    it's the lowest level possible to wear this Scythe.)
    Ergo: I'm at the GREATEST disadvantage possible, even the poison was on their gold hemmed side.
    Without describing details, I killed all 3 of them in a row, without
    backstabbing even once, without rage-switching to WoG (I'm not even able
    to)... just killed them because it was possible.
    Despite having any reason not to do so, I simply used a regular bow afterwards.
    And this is the end of the story: No indictment.

    Alright guys, the entire DW ladder is somewhat strangely ranked because
    of the way how you gather points... but even if you are the most
    autistic ultra sucker who knows nothing about Dark Souls but mashing the
    brainlessness-button and glitching the hell out of the heaven, you DO
    the job of pressing left+no-brainlessness to indict a player who clearly
    crushed all of your beliefs in a FAIR way, don't you? Even IF I'm a BB
    glitcher too, which I can't state at this state of the community without
    at least one person having at least one good reason to doubt it,
    killing 3 people THIS way under THESE conditions deserves one fucking
    point in the ladder where #1 has 2500, doesn't it?
    I, of course, checked his profile, his language, and asked him for the reason of this, somewhat kindly.
    His answer: : )


    Alright, I will tell you what the ONLY problem with Dark Souls is.
    Because it's the ONLY problem being present in ALL games. The
    possibility for everyone being able to play, pretty much, for everyone.
    Dark Souls needs more rules for multiplayer, not just +-10% level for coop... Like:
    - "somewhat" same amount of played/won PvPs for the red stone
    - "somewhat" same amount of souls obtained overall
    - "somewhat" same amount of time played with the respective character
    - "somewhat" same amount of slabs found (no trade)
    These are just drafts, but letting every everyone fighting every uber
    pro/newcomer/mega mormon can't be right, it never is. Companies just
    never found a good answer to that.

    Also, 1.06 please.
    ... PC version better is better at this topic.

    regards

    DarkWraiths can invade ANYONE higher that their current lvl. So if you were 9 at that time, maybe the people you invaded were 100 or something like that and in NG++, who knows, there is no way to know which level they were and in what NG+. No reason to call them BB glichters


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Carphil on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:45 pm

    My mother aways told me: "If you don't have anything to say, shut up and stay quiet!"

    I learned that in the worst way possible, and thats why I have this scar in my eyebrown



    You made this huge rage thread because 3 guys with good armor did not indicted you, but the noobs with starting gear and drake sword did?



    If I were those guys, I would not indict you. Unless they were farming invaders with BB glicth, but how are we supossed to know? You have won, if you were using poor equipment without the BB glitch, you could complain as long as you want, but is not the case


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

    bradnak
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by bradnak on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:50 pm

    Side (and extremely pedantic) point - actually, we could know their levels if we knew how many souls OP received when he killed each of them...?

    D'ya get several hundred or several thousand souls?
    avatar
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 718
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Zanzibar Land

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by JohnnyHarpoon on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:55 pm

    It's lame, but as more and more people seem to be playing the game, the less they seem to know about honor or anything. If I'm trying to PvP, I almost expect it to be a dishonorable fight most of the time.

    In particular, I've been Darkmooning lately (just to get the Talisman), and I think I've had one, maybe two honorable duels out of the bunch. I actually started planning my bows, timing them such to account for being attacked mid-bow.

    But yeah, is this not why the Fight Club is being established?


    _________________
    I tiptoed through Hell and didn't break a sweat. I swam the Seven Seas and didn't get wet. I'm the pretty Big Chief you ever met.
    avatar
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by lextune on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:28 pm

    As others have already pointed out, invading in blighttown at lv9 with the Lifehunt Scythe makes you a griefer. It is not debatable, and thus, not enough bad things can happen to your character. big grin

    Also mentioned has been the fact that it was more likely players in NG+

    ...nice try though.


    _________________
    XBL GT: lextune

    A Bunch of My Builds
    avatar
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 182
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-23
    Age : 27
    Location : Germany

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by his1n- on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:41 am

    Scudman_Slayer wrote:gee no wonder people hate the darkmoons


    Level 9 lifehunt scyther with medium armor that gives off 40 poise

    Grieving much? what you're gonna invade low levels to own them because they won't have any equipment?

    hm maybe they didn't indict you because they though you were a griever and didn't deserve it? i mean its totally possible i mean level 9 with a lifehunt sctyhe is quite hard not to call grievin




    Maybe an acceptable explanation, but it's being questioned by 1 fact:
    Being able to think that far means they aren't that noobish... but losing a 3on1 in a swamp against a level 9 guy makes it hard to believe they are pros
    And while I'm everything but average; 3on1, blighttown, X00 level difference. Period.


    Elseway, fine, some posts made it a bit easier for me to comprehend that situation, thanks guys.
    Still I won't change my mind of this exact statement:


    All I'm saying is, no one in the history of Dark Souls had a more
    solid reason to give away an indictment. No one. Yet they just failed at
    being fair to a legendary degree.
    avatar
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Maneater_Mildred on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:32 am

    Some people think indictments are reward others think its a punishment. So no matter what you think indictments should be handed out for, chances are that 50% of the time the person you kill is thinking the other way around.


    _________________
    01010111 01010100 01000110:
    01000001 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100100 01100100 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101000 01100001 01100100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 01100100 00100001
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by aceluby on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:46 am

    Think about it like this.

    You griefed them by screwing up their boss run. What they were going for.

    The host griefed you by not indicting. What you were going for.

    Seems fair to me.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:58 am

    Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.
    avatar
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Ohio

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by xXDaemonarchXx on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:18 pm

    cheekykunt wrote:Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.
    WIN! Well What is it


    _________________
    Hurrah xXDaemonarchXx Hurrah
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:34 pm

    indictments are just optional

    i never heard it being a legendary degree of any sort and not everyone carries indictments around because they don't care about that


    the person who has been killed gave you an indictment because well there's two explanatations

    1-
    they think its a punishment and if they do that it will make you feel bad about yourself

    2-
    a reward because of a good fight like a fair duel if the host loses they'l drop an indictment for ya as a reward for no being an unfair bastard and lagstabing


    although the guy didn't indict you were probably one of these

    1-
    he thought you were grieving and well probably thought you were looking for an indictment so he though you didn't deserve it

    hell i would think you would be grieving if i was there
    with a god damn lifehunt scythe at lvl nine killing people in 4 hits due to bleed,that is if the average damage didn't kill them already

    2-
    he didn't had an indicment Shrug




    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2313
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : How should I know?

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Yarxov on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:37 pm

    Seems like the tables have turned on the Thread Starter..

    But really, you thought there were 3 BB glitching campers, and you are upset with them not indicting you?
    This reminds me of "Notes from the Underground" when the Main Character bumps shoulders with an officer and starts obsessing about how he didn't notice him, brooding in hatred for someone doing a perfectly honest thing.

    So to reply to the Question at hand: Can the community get any worse?
    If the current state is simply not indicting someone; Yes.


    _________________
    I do not live in hopes of a better tomorrow, or in blissful dreams, but I live for those who live no longer.

    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:09 pm

    Yarxov wrote:Seems like the tables have turned on the Thread Starter..

    But really, you thought there were 3 BB glitching campers, and you are upset with them not indicting you?
    This reminds me of "Notes from the Underground" when the Main Character bumps shoulders with an officer and starts obsessing about how he didn't notice him, brooding in hatred for someone doing a perfectly honest thing.

    So to reply to the Question at hand: Can the community get any worse?
    If the current state is simply not indicting someone; Yes.

    Best part is none of them were glitchers if they had high intellect spells since spells dont carry over. OP is a troll i hope.
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:26 pm

    who invades in blight town any way? the only invader i've encountered there was around lvl 30-50 with full ornsteins and he loved nasty tricks, so i smacked him over the head with an electrical hammer (was summoned to help a friend) why there at lvl 9? most noobs in their right minds are a least lvl 20...


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:28 pm

    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:who invades in blight town any way? the only invader i've encountered there was around lvl 30-50 with full ornsteins and he loved nasty tricks, so i smacked him over the head with an electrical hammer (was summoned to help a friend) why there at lvl 9? most noobs in their right minds are a least lvl 20...


    nice but signature but its a little big don't you think?

    back on topic

    as i said probably grieving


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 pm

    any way to resize my sig?

    and was this upper or lower blighttown (forgot)


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : you'd like to know that wouldn't you?

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Scudman_Slayer on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:43 pm

    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:any way to resize my sig?

    and was this upper or lower blighttown (forgot)

    http://www.resizr.com/

    its a link to an image resizer
    just upload the image on your signature there and go to the next step

    next you can resize the image as much as you want but i'd recommend the giant bar up top saying

    Small------------------------------Big



    thats how i resize most of my images



    back on topic

    i believe it was lower blightown


    _________________
    "Give in to the darkness"

    "Accept its powers"

    "stay out of the light"

    "and become my puppet!"

    "even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!


    *this plays*

    "you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:56 pm

    changed sig to crys weapon, before i read your post... oh well. okay if it's lower blight town its still bad but if it'd been upper blight town... you'd have to be the twisted spawn of a lightning spamming griefer and a troll to invade in that convoluted mess


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

    Sponsored content

    Re: Can the community get any worse?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:03 am