Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
TheLolrider
tinypantha
vatar5
ThatPerson
Peeffy
dianaduh
tobajas
bendtosquares
Orango19
Cyan-Hawk
PaPaSmVrf
Glogomog
Scirvir
About8547Souls
Shabbalaba
Loken
BishopHavel
Dark Souls PRO
Darkson
MutilatedRelic
MediocritasAurea
Emergence
raecor14
Wilkinson3424
Chaos Spectre
eminusx
Madara
McTwisterson
Ghadis_God
Leeroy_Jenkins
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Carphil
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
trinity-echo
Eolan
Buggy Virus
Spurgun
Siegleyn
befowler
User
Maneater_Mildred
Wade_Wilson
Saturnine Knight
Shkar
barrywilkins
TehInfamousAmos
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Imarreteet23
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Yukon
JY4answer
DoughGuy
62 posters

There's more to them

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

There's more to them - Page 3 Empty Re: There's more to them

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Don't do it guys Artorias needs you!!!!

I do like Domhall though just not the crappy mouth drawn on the visor of his helm. Withoutn it he'd be such a cool fellow.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Bah, Artorias has been talked about too much. This is for the characters who don't get as much time in the spotlight and might deserve it!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Ah the crystal weapons! Let me explain. In the wiki on the lore page someone has written that Zena may have connections to Seath. I somehow searching I have completely missed the part where Dom sells crystal weapons. Now crystal weapons are only dropped in the archives and that is also where the crystal ember is hidden. Now we also know that Dom uses crystal weapons when he fights you. Now if his main weapons are crystal weapons they're going to break often so he obviously can replenish his stock. So somehow Dom can circumnavigate the lordvessel seals. This makes him a possible ally of Seath.
    The fact his name means World Ruler only convinces me more he has hidden power that you do not see in game. It also ties in to his armour - He has explored the world, he has defeated foes from all over the world, he is a wise ruler, he is charismatic and worshipped (explorer, vanquisher, wise, glorious).
    Tolvo I can kinda see what you mean with the armour similarities but I'm not sure if that isnt just the general shape of the armour being the same.

On Seath and Logan Seath's possible connection to the Vinheim dragon school may mean they have a common sceret language used only by those sorcerors.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:12 pm

The horns of Domnhalls helm look kinda like Seath's horns. And the fact Seath is blind could have something to do with the goggles. If they are allies that is.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:30 pm

I actually can't get a close enough look on the texture, but does the helm actually have eye slots? It looks to me just like it has glasses, and a covered face. Maybe he is blind as well? But he moves his head in your direction, maybe just sound is how he directs himself. Although I didn't notice the horn similarity before, this certainly is interesting. Still, it's odd that there are only two NPC's in the game, excluding simple enemies, that use Crystal weapons, and both have crystal shields. Both have possible ties to Seath, and there is very little information about them.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:42 pm

You know what i dont think he does have eye holes.He has the weird black goggle things but inside is just gold helm with 2 slits. There'sno way he could see out of those.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 pm

"Helm/Armor/Gauntlets/Boots- Strange equipment from the ancient land of Zena, birthplace of the curious dealer Domhnall.
    Helm- The two horns are believed to symbolize wisdom.
    Armor-The many medals are believed to symbolize glory.
    Gloves-The gold bracelets symbolize a vanquisher.
    Boots-The inlaid silver rings symbolize an explorer."

Just thought I would post that real quick even though it was already mentioned. Actually, it's a bit ridiculous, but I'm going to try walking by him with the dragoncrest ring on and see if From is as devious in their story telling as they've shown up to this point.

EDIT: What the hell is the name of that silent walking ring?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Slumbering dragoncrest ring. You find it in sens.
    Hopefull today or tomorrow Ill go farm some souls on my ng+ char then buy everything he has to see if he says something new.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:06 pm

He responds like normal, but I do remember he does have a line that could hint at the possibility.

"I see nothing here." He'll say if he has no information to give you at the time. Also, the art on his armor is the exact same in style as that on the Crystal set, Dom's are birds, while the Crystal set has spirals, but both are of the same basic design.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Binoculars time.....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19 am

Got the video I'm using for a lot of Oscar's lore to work.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:42 am

I did some binocular time as well as "wear the armor myself and stand near a wall and rotate the camera time." Some VERY interesting things on this armor. VERY interesting. Firstly, the boots and gauntlets.....they're actually not that interesting. I didn't see anything worth noting with the boots except that their plainness is odd. The gloves have the bracelets/rings obviously but the left hand is a wider ring. The only notable thing about that is his left shoulder. That's the only side with protection up there. So the armor was made for mobility in mind but strong enough to protect a little better from most opponents (Artorias and Stone Golems being the exceptions since they're Southpaws).

For interesting pieces....I'll start with the chest. I don't think he has medals. He has a chest piece and some on his back that are pieced together from circular metal pieces. I don't think they're medals because many of the medals have duplicates. Some of them are repeated several times. Typically, one person is not awarded the same medal over and over and over. I at first thought they could indicate rank (like a 5 star general) but there's too many duplicated it seems. I then thought that since he is the World Ruler they indicate ranks from different countries which is why there are that many repeated. This could be true. However, many of the circular metal objects depict portraits. There's Maiden face ones and ones that looks like a maiden with a small child (kind of like the statue in the painted world). To me they look more like coins that he tied together to look like medals. Kind of like Calvin and Hobbes giving each other bottle caps as medals.

The helmet is pretty sweet with a closer look. I never used to like it until I saw what it REALLY looks like. Firstly....I must now have chatted with him yet this playthrough because he still had his gesture and dialogues which I'll get to later. A closer look shows that there are no hole or slits for his eyes. The eyes are engraved on the mask. I also didn't notice nostril holes either (would have to confirm). Getting back to the eyes the glasses look like they are meant to be the defining feature there for casual observation. The mouth that someone commented on is also not a slit. This is also engraved like a mask (that you can't breath out of). Making the face complete takes some good camera control as you need to look from below to see that there are teeth engraved in the mouth. Taken as a whole, the mask is grinning wildly. The helmet is pieced together and appears to be riveted together. It could have been assembled on his head. I'll hold off on crazy speculation for a moment but believe me the wheels are turning on this guy more than ever now.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Funny thing, the helmet is based on a real life helmet
    There's more to them - Page 3 Amazing_fun_weird_cool_hornet-helmet-medieval-armor_20090724154337382

creepy as hell, right?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:06 pm

HOLY.....what is that?

Nevermind....I got the link from the picture
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Wait, if there are no eye holes, nostril holes, or mouth holes, then how does he breath? It dosent even sound like he's human anymore!
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 pm

DUN DUN DUN!!! I personally always thought he was a little weird, having the boss armor and stuff. Could he be one of the nameless deities or sumptin? Flann appeared out of nowhere, and the blacksmith was never named, so who's to say there aren't more? Maybe he's a robot like the Sentinels in Anor Londo (I think they are, they don't fit the specs of giants, but they do bleed). He sells O&S gear, Iron Golem gear, and Gwyn's gear I think. He'd have to have mad skills, the friendship of a primordial serpent, and more mad skills to get to Gwyn. How did he get the armor anyway? Bosses just dissipate into souls or something.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Cloudyeki.....Great find.....did you research the helmet origin yet and the person it's attached to? I just took a gander but don't want to steal your thunder if you wanted to go to town on this. This would be good in Emergence's thread too. I think we have our Domhnall inspiration.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Ok.....gotta share a link or two at least on that helmet.

Here's a video of it........Horned Helm

And some origin
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:03 pm

The reason for the glasses on the original helm is because Henry VIII was near-sighted
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Yeah, and the face was the portrait of a fool from a famous book of the time. It's thought the armor was meant as a shared cool joke of the day. I was half right in that some pieces open to allow it to be put on but rivets do hold it tight. Hank was an accomplished jouster but not warlike. He once used gilded armor (not coins I know) to show off the wealth of the nation. He changed his motto to imply he was thr ruler of all. In his prime he was considered charasmatic and well learned. He collected weapons and the like with a collection in the thousands. The coins on Domhnall could also be reference to his free spending and/or that he put the economy in the crapper

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:03 pm

You know, don't some of the emblems on his armor resemble Sunlight Medals?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:17 pm

I thought a few kinda did but not sure about color. The main one looks like a sun emblem but gray/silver
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Also, did you notice the similarity between the black spirals and black birds on the crystal set and the adventurer set?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:42 pm

I gotta go back to the crystal set actually. Maybe tonight before I look at some other stuff. I meant to look but forgot and my daughter woke up at midnight 8')
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 pm

So, with Tarkus watching my back I decided to start examining some weapons and came across something interesting, The Crystal Weapons. The Crystal Longsword, and the Crystal Greatsword. Both have completely different bases. The Crystal longsword used by the crystal hollows. This weapon has a base similar to the blue golems, solid crystals with branching points. However, the Greatsword is a rusted Longsword of an exotic make, with crystals accented onto it, meaning this weapon was enchanted by crystals not made using them. The only character in the game that uses this? The Crystal Knight. The only man who sells this weapon? Dom of Zena. Things are getting more and more convincing. Could the Crystal Knight be of Zena, is the Crystal Creatsword an example of Zena weaponry?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 am