Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
TheLolrider
tinypantha
vatar5
ThatPerson
Peeffy
dianaduh
tobajas
bendtosquares
Orango19
Cyan-Hawk
PaPaSmVrf
Glogomog
Scirvir
About8547Souls
Shabbalaba
Loken
BishopHavel
Dark Souls PRO
Darkson
MutilatedRelic
MediocritasAurea
Emergence
raecor14
Wilkinson3424
Chaos Spectre
eminusx
Madara
McTwisterson
Ghadis_God
Leeroy_Jenkins
FattyOfDoom
Federally
Carphil
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
trinity-echo
Eolan
Buggy Virus
Spurgun
Siegleyn
befowler
User
Maneater_Mildred
Wade_Wilson
Saturnine Knight
Shkar
barrywilkins
TehInfamousAmos
Quarik
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Imarreteet23
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Tolvo
Yukon
JY4answer
DoughGuy
62 posters

There's more to them

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

There's more to them - Page 20 Empty Re: There's more to them

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 am

It's just as likely as any weapon I suppose if there's actually walls we haven't found yet. Which there could be. There's so many permutations to things they could do something insane and leave us high and dry forever. For instance, what if the secret weapon to knock down walls is a +2 broken sword? Not only is the weapon unpopular but why would anyone leave it at +2? The only time someone will use that weapon would be to mess around and by the time just about any player got to that stage where the adrenaline rush was gone from actual play they would have the means to upgrade it most or all of the way the second they decided to.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 02, 2012 10:27 am

Added your stuff on Shiva Skare.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 am

Hmm the other thing is unlocking something in a patch... eg For all we know the green balder knight is guarding something, but it wont be accessible until they release it in secret.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 12:31 pm

I think he's guarding the Sen's Fortress secret coffee/smoke break area. All the knights go there to hang out and hide from the boss.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Or hes guarding the bee in a jar. happy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Oh my God! That's the guy? That's an important job for the Nuclear Power Pla.....I mean Sen's Fortress. I always wondered why he ran up to me and, instead of attacking, proclaimed:
    "The bee bit my bottom, now my bottom's big!"
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Fri May 04, 2012 11:42 am

Homer simpson should be the 11th class in dark souls.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 04, 2012 1:18 pm

You'd always win through some struck of crazy luck. Then Black Iron Grimey would accidentally grab a sunlight spear and die.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Sat May 05, 2012 11:21 am

Ha yeah it would be the only acceptable mod on pc. A simpsons model for the character builder. I remember the days of fragging mr simpson on quake 3. Nothing funnier than hearing his "wilhelm" scream.

You know it'd be quite apt to nickname smough "homer simpson". Cough cough "trendsetter" cough cough
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue May 08, 2012 1:32 am

Ok, so I didn't know if I should make a whole new thread for this, but I decided to post it here. Also, sorry if everybody already knows this and this is old news. I haven't looked at this thread in a while. And as always, a big disclaimer: this is all speculation. None of this is fact.

Ok, now down to buisness. So, I was looking at item descriptions, and I stumbled across a pretty interesting one. This is the description from the titanite chunk: "titanite chunk for weapon reinforcement. Not found outside of Lordran.
    Reinforces standard weapons to +14, and crystal, lightning weapons to +4.
    With the discovery of chunks in Lordran, the race to locate the Legendary Slabs has begun. But could they be mere myth?"

So, why do I find that interesting? Just look at the last two sentences. "With the discovery of chunks in Lordran, the race to locate the legendary slabs has begun. But could they be just mere myth?"

Ok, that's all well and good, but here's where it gets kind of cool. Sigelyine (Sigiline?) gives you a slab, which opens up some pretty cool ideas, and also tells is some stuff about both her and her dad, Sigmieyer. So first of all, I think it explains why Sigmieyer is in Lordran in the first place. He becomes undead, and decides "Why not go to Lordran? It will be a jolly good adventure to find the long lost slabs!" So he set out to find the slabs. Now, where he found it, I have no idea, but he definatly found it sometime after you meet him. This is reinforced because, in the chunk description, it says "Not found outside of Lordran." So Sig had to have found it on his spelunking through Lordran. Then, when he dies, Sigelyine finds it on his body, has no idea what the heck it is, and gives it to you.

This also says something about her. This could mean that she dosen't set off to Lordran on adventure, she just came for her dad (and why she was trapped in the Crystal Golem I have no idea). It can also possibly mean that Sigelyine dosen't follow after good ol' dads footsteps, because it would seem that any adventurer worth his salt would know what a slab is. In the Slabs description, it says " Legendary," so that would imply that it would be sort of like the holy grail for adventurers of Lordran.

Anywho, that about wraps it up. Good night to you all.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 08, 2012 3:01 am

Your in the right place Ima. Anything about NPCs goes here. I actually had an idea similar to yours. You see the titanite demons rise from titanite slabs. So where are the Sen's fortress slabs? Siege took them both. He used one t omake his lightning claymore and the second is the one siegelinde gives you. It also hits at her quest. A slab is legendary as yuo say, and yet she gives you a slab to basically go away. Suspicious is it not.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 08, 2012 3:07 am

Eolan wrote:Or hes guarding the bee in a jar. happy

Win.
    trinity-echo
    trinity-echo

Location : The Abyss...I think....I dont' know it's too dark in here

There's more to them - Page 20 Empty Andre of Astora

Post by trinity-echo Wed May 09, 2012 6:48 pm

So not sure if this has been said in the thread or not. 33 pages is a lot to skim over haha, but on to what I have to say: Dough says that Andre has a lot of scars and his punches are very strong from forging, right? Well what if it's from consistent reincarnations? When you find the embers on dead blacksmiths the smiths all look like Andre (at least to me) and the reason he is so...attracted... to the embers you give him is because in a different timeline he forged with it. Maybe the flow of time around him is very distorted and hes able to be alive in different timelines with subconscious memories of previous ones. The scars could come from killing blows from people or creatures he was defeated by (moonlight butterfly, skeletons in ToG, or something in the PW) I don't know this is all just speculation haha.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Wed May 09, 2012 7:44 pm

his corpses looked cursed to me...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Its been brought up before that they all could be him. The question is how it happened? Who cursed him each time? ALso i understand your reluctance to read through all 33 pages. Plus about a third of the posts are horrendously off topic. Times when we got bored and went off topic for a bit.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 8:40 pm

We never go off topic. So this one time I was...
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 am

...Waiting on the braziers to be revealed by the new guy only to find out id been duped?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 2:19 pm

I know I started to post this in another thread but I think this one would be a bit more fitting for me to continue, now that I have a more complete understanding. Doesn't really relate to Lautrec's plot per se, but I think is relevant to his symbolism. As I said in the other thread, the name Lautrec comes from a 19th Century post-impressionist painter named Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. Lautrec painted mostly women displaying passion in vibrant bright color. Essentially altering the way women were depicted in art. Showing them as living passionate people, as opposed to only having an existence in as they are connected to men. It's often said that Lautrec gave woman a voice. In those exact words. Which is really relevant to what our Lautrec does. He may brutally kill the firekeeper, but the eventual result of this is her regaining her tongue, or her voice. Coincidence? I don't think so.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 10, 2012 2:57 pm

That's awexome work plastic. I wish these threads were read by everyone because each person who joins the conversation brings another piece in.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 10, 2012 3:02 pm

It does nothing more but increase my respect for From. How you can make such a complex plot while the majority of it is unspoken. No other game developers really do that.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 9:18 am

Been so busy with covenants I've neglected this. Bout time I started working again.
    Ingward and the Sealers
    Spoiler:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 12, 2012 10:24 am

Good stuff Dough. Also, Ingward and the Sealers would be a sweet rock band name. Regarding Artorias, I also found it odd that he talked like he could be asked how to travel the abyss. I wrapped that into why I think he died elsewhere
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 12, 2012 10:27 am

Yeah I just cant see Ingward asking you to talk to Artorias if he knew he was in league with the wraiths. !!! this means that Artorias could traverse the abyss before he joined the wraiths! "This ring symbolizes Knight Artoria's covenant with the beasts of the Abyss.
    Its wearer, like Artorias himself can traverse the Abyss."
    Except he couldnt which means Artorias fell before the flooding and Ingward knew of him falling!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 am

I've always said that Artorias didn't go "evil" as such but chose to work against Gwyn. His unbendable will of steel and the fact that Gwyn's goals change seems to suggest that Gywn started to ask the knights to act differently and Artorias refused to change. Maybe the covenant was so he could continue the goal the way he originally understood it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon May 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Ok, so seeing as nobodies really responded to the initial Nito post yet, I think I'll post my 2 cents. Has anyone considered this: It's presumable that Nito isn't just the lord of death in Lordran, but the lord of death period, everywhere. That he's a sort of reaper character for the larger world in general. Now consider that Lordran is the only part of that world that's affected by the undead curse. Taking that into consideration, you could assume that when people die in other parts of the world Nito is still performing his role, which might not require him to go anywhere, or move at all. I interpret the endless flow of baby skeletons in the area before his arena as an area that functions as a kind of limbo in that sense. The baby skeletons don't function like the other skeletons in Lordran do. They form from nothing, as opposed to piles of bones, they just stand up out of the water, and when you kill them they disappear, as opposed to falling back into a pile of bones. I see that as other people, in other places in the world, dying. You could assume that Lordran is a small part of a much larger world, considering all the other parts of the world that are mentioned, so logically there could be a very large population of people outside Lordran who are unaffected by the curse, and therefore when they die their souls go wherever souls are supposed to go. This could also, at least in part, explain why Nito appears passive. He's busy performing his function, just not in Lordran. It could also, at least in part, explain why he remains relatively passive towards the Pinwheel. If you consider that the Rite of Kindling carries the undead back into their bodies when used at a bonfire, and that the Pinwheel is presumably using it to animate skeletons, what he's doing would actually be less offensive to Nito than what the chosen undead is doing by continually resting at bonfires. This could also explain, again at least in part, why Nito remains passive towards the Pinwheel, but attacks the chosen undead.

The baby skeletons also all carry humanity. Implying that they represent people who are freshly dead. At the same time the humanity they drop disappears, implying that that humanity is going somewhere else after you destroy the skeletal forms, like to the next stage of the afterlife. It's more the natural order than what the undead curse brings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm