Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Maneater_Mildred
Akatik
lextune
befowler
Robotech
skarekrow13
VIcious72
Zechk
PPG-3-
Forum Pirate
ARSP
Rynoa
russiannightmare
White Mamba
DoughGuy
SlakeMoth
20 posters

Oh, I give up!

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Oh, I give up! Empty Oh, I give up!

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:56 am

Can't do it, no matter how hard I try, I have to admit the Demon Firesage has me beat hands down. It was tough first time round but this is madness. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Oh, I give up! Empty Re: Oh, I give up!

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:02 am

Grab 30 humanity and take the shortcut. Else try using differnt armour/weapons and a new tactic.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:12 am

The 30 humanity idea is a good one but it means I'll have to break with the Sunbro covenant and lose all the medals I've offered so far to rank up to 2 so maybe I'll go and try someplace else because I want that miracle!

As for armour and weapon combos I've tried everything I can think of but many thanks for your suggestions.
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:15 am

Poison/Toxic him. Try to stay on his back to his left
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:25 am

I can poison the b*****d?! Never even considered that because it doesn't work on every enemy. Many thanks White Mamba. I'm off to try it asap. If it works I'll buy you a pint if you're ever in the neighbourhood.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:40 am

try using the full length of the room to your advantage. if you have grass crest shield, mask of child, grass, and cloronty ring stack as many as you have to max your stamina regen. use DWGR or be under 25% load and pick your best weapon and run from end to end the length of the room swiping once or twice per pass. He can move quickly a very short distance but not the length of the room. let him come to you and strike then run
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:45 am

I think there is also something about some of the roots blocking his movement and attacks. Find the ones that do and use them to your advantage.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:14 am

I think I'm going to keep in mind all these strategies for when I'm meeting the firesage in my NG+ :affraid:
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:27 am

Slakemoth you can use my strategy I carried a Great Shield and a sword and Kept it up and blocked every trick he used and two handed when the opprotunity came but I was using a tank build so it maynot work for you. But you should kill the Stray Demon first he fights just like the demon firesage. Beat the stray Demon and then you will know what to do against the demon firesage.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:45 am

I just circle behind him continuously and hack. back off before the butt slam or aoe hammer explosion and repeat.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:07 am

yeah all these pointers are viable ways of beating him. if your slow and heavy make sure you have a graet shield up and you can take those explosion blasts. just make sure you not locked on to him, you need to be facing where the explosion comes from.

but really, going light weight is easier. sprint in, run behind him and hack away. move away when flys up and drops and run away when he slams his weapon down.

if you need help I'll give you a hand. just add me and msg me when you see me on.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:34 am

Don't give up Slake! TBH, I find just slapping my blade buff on and whaling on him like there is no tomorrow works. That's on a dex/faith build. Once he decides to expload I flip out then run back in.
    VIcious72

Post by VIcious72 Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:41 am

SlakeMoth wrote:Can't do it, no matter how hard I try, I have to admit the Demon Firesage has me beat hands down. It was tough first time round but this is madness. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

And this is what I love about DkS. Some bosses I found to be ridiculously easy, like Firesage. I'm a Dex build, used a Uchi +15 buffed with lightning, took him down first try in NG. But the Four Kings and Gwyn? Good Lord, did they give me fits. DkS does a great job of mixing up boss styles so that you need to change the way you play sometimes to get over the next hump.

Slake, if you can hang on for a bit (like a day or two), I'll be happy to help you, I'm level 123. What level are you at? I may even 'go out of order' a bit to get to the Demon Ruins on my NG+ to give you a hand if you can hang out for a bit while I do it. Message me here or ingame at VIcious72 and we'll take down that fat bastard!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:52 am

SlakeMoth.....I had HUUUUUGE problems with this guy in NG because I wasn't prepared right. Learning the moveset is always a plus but definitely just keep trying. In NG+ I discovered that all three of this type of demon (stray, asylum and firesage) are very weak to bleed as well. If you have a fast bleed weapon or a Lifehunt scythe you can make the battle last half as long, changing it away from a grind fight.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 am

@slakemoth
    you can find alot of info here:
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2921-ah-firesage
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Yes, I find him the worst of the three - like a stronger stray demon who moves faster and also with a more annoying arena - narrower, and filled with those annoying roots. When the fight first starts I try to stay away from him and clear some of the obstructions. Crest shield +5 helps, as does great magic barrier. Magic shield can also help. Take 20 estus flasks if possible, upgraded as much as possible. As others have said, strafing behind him can work but you need to keep him in the middle and also find that sweet spot where he can't quite land on you. Like stray demon his blasts can hit things behind him so you have to dart in and out as well. Whenever he nails me I immediately run and flask, since I usually can't survive two in a row. He is the keeper of many ragequits.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Well, I must say I'm very very grateful for all your suggestions and offers of help. I'm off to have another go at this oversized ox/hippo and if I manage to put his fat *** on the floor, you'll know because you'll hear my scream of triumph all over Lordran or wherever it is.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:30 pm

I'll just say this. After trying forever to beat the four kings with my club/naked build I got frustrated, put on full Havel and two handed them to death with a lightning claymore, (which I have done so many times)....

I regretted it almost immediately....

.... All I am trying to say is that it is far more rewarding to beat any boss on your build's own terms rather than just using tried and proven methods. Keep at it! happy

/my2cents
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Stick to his belly to provoke the butt slam attack. When he flies straight up, back out of his range. He'll be vulnerable for a couple of seconds when he lands, use this time to get 1-3 hits in. And then repeat this process. He got me too many times my first time as well. In fact, he lead me to put the game on hold for a bit.

Just don't get greedy and try to get that "one more hit" in. That's when he'll wreck you.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:28 pm

My downfall was assuming that the gold hemmed set and flame stone plate ring would provide enough protection. Let me backup, that was my second downfall. The first was walking in the door with non fireproof gear and assuming I would at least have time to get acquainted with the guy. I barely had time to read his name. THEN I got my fire gear on......and still looked like a marshmallow that fell off the stick at the end.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Yee ha, I hope you all heard me holler. Just done it. Phew, I think I'll have to go and have a lie down. Thanks again everyone for your support and a special thank you to skarekrow13 for reccommending the Lifehunt Scythe. Had this weapon in my inventory for ages and never used it but this was what did the job and it wasn't reinforced or anything just the bog standard weapon.
    VIcious72

Post by VIcious72 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:37 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Yee ha, I hope you all heard me holler. Just done it. Phew, I think I'll have to go and have a lie down. Thanks again everyone for your support and a special thank you to skarekrow13 for reccommending the Lifehunt Scythe. Had this weapon in my inventory for ages and never used it but this was what did the job and it wasn't reinforced or anything just the bog standard weapon.

Congratulations! That's freakin' awesome, man. Keep on truckin.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Rock on!
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:03 pm

No greater sense of satisfaction in the game than beating a boss that gave you so much trouble. Congrats.

As I said before the firesage was the boss that made me take a break during my first play through. When I came back and beat him (finally) I rode that wave of satisfaction right to the end of NG.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Great news.

I see you are working at the sunbros.... I have 69 spare sun medals you can have to get top rank if you want.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 am