Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WyrmHero
JoocyJ003
Imarreteet23
lucanious
8 posters

poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword)

Poll

GLGS

[ 2 ]
    poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_lcap6%poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 10 ]
    poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_lcap32%poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_rcap [32%] 
    [ 3 ]
    poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_lcap10%poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 11 ]
    poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_lcap35%poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_rcap [35%] 
    [ 0 ]
    poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_lcap0%poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_lcap16%poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) I_vote_rcap [16%] 

Total Votes: 31
    Poll closed
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) Empty poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword)

Post by lucanious Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:09 pm

i opened this poll because the weapon seems to have many split decisions on it. i figured i would elaborate. it has nearly 400 base damage and a D modifier in str and dex. it weighs 10 pounds. this weapon does more damage than a claymore and less than a man serpent sword. its R2 attacks are near useless but has the same R1 attacks as other greatswords. it cannot be enchanted. all in all it tends to be powerful for lower levels and underpowered at higher levels (compared to other options. to obtain this weapon you must beat the game, take gwyns soul and a +10 sword to the giant blacksmith. it cannot be upgraded or enchanted.

vote away
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) Empty Re: poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword)

Post by Imarreteet23 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Scaling all the way! Wooooo!
    JoocyJ003
    Casual
    Casual

poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword) Empty Re: poll on the greatlord greatsword (gwyns sword)

Post by JoocyJ003 Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:43 pm

+1 increase scaling

What i really think the swords needs is a moveset change. Namely the roll R1 attack.

At 40 dex 36 str the Great Lord does 540 Ar with its D D scaling.

A Claymore +15 does 531, weighs 6lbs, has a much better roll R1, and can be buffed.

Crystal Bastard Sword +4 does over 560 but its a litte shorter than the Claymore, and doesnt have the roll R1. So I almost always stick with the Clay.

Man Serpernt at 40 str does 532, and the crystal +4 does 552

Give the Great Lord Great Sword the Roll R1 of the Clay and boost the AR by 10-15 points, and it may be a popular weapon.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Scaling and fire effect/damage.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:41 am

Like a lot of boss weapons, damage isn't the biggest strength of the GLGS. I thought that the weapon was crap looking at the stats, and ignored it until I saw someone use it and got stunlocked so easily even though I had 76 poise. I tried it myself, and WAM it was so powerful I got bored of it.

Like I said in several posts, looking at stats really doesn't give you a real feel of how good a weapon is. There's much more to each weapon than damage and effects.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:28 am

Already the sword is very powerful because of the stunlock it has, which allows easily for a person to kill a person with a full stamina bar. But, for Cosplay purposes I would love a fire effect, I would love a running leap attack as well to imitate Gwyn even more so. However mechanic wise? The sword is perfectly fine to me, I use it sometimes to chain stun farmers on the bridge and rarely does it fail me.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:55 am

Tolvo wrote:Already the sword is very powerful because of the stunlock it has, which allows easily for a person to kill a person with a full stamina bar. But, for Cosplay purposes I would love a fire effect, I would love a running leap attack as well to imitate Gwyn even more so. However mechanic wise? The sword is perfectly fine to me, I use it sometimes to chain stun farmers on the bridge and rarely does it fail me.

This. In a narrow path, not even the DSS can stunlock as well as this chunk of metal. Beware of farmers' MLGSs though. The stun on that thing is on-par with the GLGS and the wave will interrupt your spam.
    JoocyJ003
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JoocyJ003 Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:37 pm

I see alot of people saying its stunlock is better than other greatswords but WyrmHero and I tested it a while back and it requires 53 poise to withstand 1 2h R1 attack, just like all the other greatswords.

But what i havent tested is its ability to stunlock on the second or third hit.

A couple days ago me and Yessuurd tested the poise for 2 swings from a greatsword and its 106. Makes sense, 53 + 53 = 106.

Its also possible to take 3 hits from a greatsword without stunlockinng. This was achieved with full havels and wolf ring. ( I used the black knight sword for these tests)

So maybe the GLGS can stunlock bettter on the second or thirds hits? I kinda doubt it but ill try to test it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Fire and scaling. I mean come on it's the final boss' weapon. It's appallingly disappointing in my view.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Usually you stunlock on the second hit, and that's the thing it is a stunlock, unless you know of the trick to escape you will probably be killed. I've actually killed people in FC before because of this, though I try not to sometimes the forest mode just kicks in. Mind you, I suck at duelling but simply because of this weapon's stunlock I've managed to kill people.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:50 pm

No one ever managed to kill me with this weapon, considering I have too low of a poise to resist a greatsword hit and can be stunlocked by pretty much any greatsword anyway. So to me it's just weapon with worse stats.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:11 pm

The only thing that 'locks' you is the super slow R2 attack that squashes you to the ground. That can be done with 53+ poise.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Wyrm if you want I can show you the stunlock of it, it is very similar to the MLGS, the MLGS is better but still the GLGS is almost as good. Though my favourite stunlock will always be the Murakumo.

Can't say I've ever managed to hit someone with the R2, but boy in FC do I try haha.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Do you mean the swings are faster?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:16 pm

The Swings for both the MLGS and the GLGS swing fast enough to stun lock, however with the MLGS you can deal more damage so it is easier to kill a target if they have high health. Against a person with light armor and 40 vit the GLGS will kill them outright, but with some heavier armors it is possible to survive, as well if you know the stunlock escape you can survive either but most do not know the trick, and even fewer remember to use it mid combat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 am