Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Invading4fun
darksoulslover
6 posters

how do i tranfer saved game from 1 ps3 to another?

darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

how do i tranfer saved game from 1 ps3 to another? Empty how do i tranfer saved game from 1 ps3 to another?

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:57 am

I m getting a new ps3 and i want to transfer my char to my new ps3. Is there a step by step process?
    Also i never went online but is this game co op or just coop for bosses?
    Invading4fun
    Invading4fun

how do i tranfer saved game from 1 ps3 to another? Empty Re: how do i tranfer saved game from 1 ps3 to another?

Post by Invading4fun Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:05 am

hey I think you need the playstation plus membership so you can copy your save to a psn server because I could not copy mine with a usb stick, had to do the transfere thing but then again I lost everything on the old ps3
    edit: there is in your ps3 manual a steb by step guide for the transfere. (all your data from the old ps3 will be deleted and moved to the new one...)
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

how do i tranfer saved game from 1 ps3 to another? Empty Re: how do i tranfer saved game from 1 ps3 to another?

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:19 am

i just wanna move 1 file
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:23 am

You can do it by plugging in a PSP to transfer..

You could also try a USB like Slake said above
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:25 am

Based on my experience, most save files can be transfered via usb stick, though this is not the case for some games
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:50 am

Since dark souls saves are locked, they can not be copied to a USB stick or external drive. You must do a complete system transfer with a normal network cable connected directly between the two consoles. This will transfer all your users, games, saves, and other files from the old console to the new. Most files will only be copied, but locked saves (demons souls, dark souls, gran turismo) will be moved and deleted from the original console. On older firmware they were just copied as well, but the latest firmwares will delete them. If you only need to move 1 savefile, then ps+ is the only solution. Not sure if psp can do it since I do not own one. (someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of these)

I once moved my demons souls saves when switching consoles, 3 game versions across 3 users (that's 30+ characters/builds, many with all items and multiple playthroughs). The new console turned out to be faulty so I ended up losing them all, even my first ever character 😢

Still haven't learned my lesson and joined ps+ Prayer
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:26 pm

well im just gonna start over again. IT ame brand new at 3.72 fw updateing now to 4.11
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 am

Yep, you need PS+ to 'transfer' DkS saves between consoles, but even then you can only do it once every 24 hours. It's also only a single file for all your saves, so you can't just transfer one character, you have to transfer all of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm