Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RANT
Serious_Much
PPG-3-
ChizFreak
8 posters

50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

50 Faith: Divine VS Occult Empty 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

Post by ChizFreak Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Title. Making a faith toon. It's gonna use 50 faith, princess guard cov, sunlight spear and all that. Which divine or occult weapons do you recommend? It's occult better than divine?

I'm currently using a Divine Bastard Sword +5.

Also I'm gonna keep STR and DEX at 16 (for greatswords and Darkmoon Bow).

Any difference against certain enemies while using occult or divine? (besides skeletons)

Last edited by ChizFreak on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

50 Faith: Divine VS Occult Empty Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

Post by PPG-3- Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Occult scales better with faith for the majority of weapons.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:48 pm

PPG-3- wrote:Occult scales better with faith for the majority of weapons.

I saw that most Divine weapons does more overall damage. Very few occult weapons do more damage than their divine counterparts, and even there the difference it's little I believe.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm

ChizFreak wrote:

I saw that most Divine weapons does more overall damage. Very few occult weapons do more damage than their divine counterparts, and even there the difference it's little I believe.

Chiz can you give me some numbers please? big grin I always presumed the A scaling of occult to B scaling of it's divine equivalent would outclass the divine, perhaps the scaling difference in the end is minimal?

If this is the case i'd love some research to be done on the Magic/enchanted toos up too as that would also most likely receive a similar outcome
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:26 pm

the diff is very minimal, try the devine large club, i love that thing. msgs has a B on occult, cant remember what other ive used, ive actually just finished my str/fai dragon build that i use as a support priest when i co op and i just started looking for a good devine/occilt weapon in terms of ar and scaling.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:05 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Title. Making a faith toon. It's gonna use 50 faith, princess guard cov, sunlight spear and all that. Which divine or occult weapons do you recommend? It's occult better than divine?

I'm currently using a Divine Bastard Sword +5.

Also I'm gonna keep STR and DEX at 16 (for greatswords and Darkmoon Bow).

Any difference against certain enemies while using occult or divine? (besides skeletons)

My occult claymore outperforms my divine one on my faith build, if I recall correctly, (away from the game right now, for once, lol). And just for the sake of clarity you need to be a sunbro to use the sunlight spear.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 pm

At 50 Faith, there is hardly any difference between the two. I've tested this with Divine +10/Occult +5 Claymores on various enemies, and with the exception of the ones that take extra damage from Divine (New Londo Ghosts, Skeletons, etc) the difference is very, very minor, though usually favoring Divine. By minor though, I mean at best 5-10 total extra damage from Divine.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:32 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

Chiz can you give me some numbers please? big grin I always presumed the A scaling of occult to B scaling of it's divine equivalent would outclass the divine, perhaps the scaling difference in the end is minimal?

If this is the case i'd love some research to be done on the Magic/enchanted toos up too as that would also most likely receive a similar outcome

According to THIS, the Divine Claymore +10 does more damage than the Occult Claymore +5 with: 16 STR, 16 Dex and 50 Faith.

lextune wrote:
    My
    occult claymore outperforms my divine one on my faith build, if I
    recall correctly, (away from the game right now, for once, lol). And
    just for the sake of clarity you need to be a sunbro to use the sunlight
    spear.

Thanks for clarifying it, I forgot that! I guess I will not use it in this build.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:42 am

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I don't really believe in numbers, especially for DR on weapons with more than one type of damage.

Generally the Divine and Occult paths shouldn't vary too much, apart from Divine having a slightly higher base damage, marginally better physical scaling, and hurts occult enemies more, compared to Occult having slightly better faith scaling and deals occult damage. Divine also has more physical damage, and Occult more magic.

Which one does more damage depends too much on the enemies in question, e.g. physical vs magical defense, divine vs occult weakness.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:54 am

JY4answer wrote:Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I don't really believe in numbers, especially for DR on weapons with more than one type of damage.

Generally the Divine and Occult paths shouldn't vary too much, apart from Divine having a slightly higher base damage, marginally better physical scaling, and hurts occult enemies more, compared to Occult having slightly better faith scaling and deals occult damage. Divine also has more physical damage, and Occult more magic.

Which one does more damage depends too much on the enemies in question, e.g. physical vs magical defense, divine vs occult weakness.

16 STR
    16 Dex
    50 Faith

Divine Claymore +10: (191/360/0/0) = 551
    Occult Claymore +5: (199/350/0/0) = 549

The difference is minimal. Divine has more magic damage, and occult has more physical damage, but divine does 3 points more of overall damage.

Numbers matter, planning and efficiency it's the recipe for success.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:25 am

Planning and efficiency is important I agree. But at the difference of 3 damage rating? And then there's the opponent's defenses, a part where you can't plan.

I'm not dissing anyone's work here, just saying that the difference between the paths in question isn't that significant.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 am

Imo forget the stats and scaling. As ChizFreak correctly mentioned the difference in overall damage is minimal despite the different scaling.
    The only real use of divine/occult lies in pvp. If you are invading you need occult for its occult bonus against white/gold pantoms and hosts, while divine has a bonus against red/blue phantoms. So you switch between them accordingly. Think of it this way ...master yoda would use a divine lightsabre while darth wader would use occult hence divine has a white symbol and occult has a black one.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:21 am

Robotech wrote:Imo forget the stats and scaling. As ChizFreak correctly mentioned the difference in overall damage is minimal despite the different scaling.
    The only real use of divine/occult lies in pvp. If you are invading you need occult for its occult bonus against white/gold pantoms and hosts, while divine has a bonus against red/blue phantoms. So you switch between them accordingly. Think of it this way ...master yoda would use a divine lightsabre while darth wader would use occult hence divine has a white symbol and occult has a black one.

has this ever been proven?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Robotech wrote:Imo forget the stats and scaling. As ChizFreak correctly mentioned the difference in overall damage is minimal despite the different scaling.

Would this really work?

I swear whenever you're invading or summoned you count as being human, you show up like you are at least so surely it shoudl be Occult that is better?
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

Would this really work?

I swear whenever you're invading or summoned you count as being human, you show up like you are at least so surely it shoudl be Occult that is better?

I havent tested it personally but this is what all the wiki's imply.
    If anyone has a +5 occult claymore he can invade me and we can test this out. I'll give you my +10 divine claymore, you R1 me with both and we check if one does significantly more damage or not and vice versa. Just dont run away with my claymore please... lol!

I am lvl 185 and i have klin free for invasions. Let me know! winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am