50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Share
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by ChizFreak on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:41 pm

    Title. Making a faith toon. It's gonna use 50 faith, princess guard cov, sunlight spear and all that. Which divine or occult weapons do you recommend? It's occult better than divine?

    I'm currently using a Divine Bastard Sword +5.

    Also I'm gonna keep STR and DEX at 16 (for greatswords and Darkmoon Bow).

    Any difference against certain enemies while using occult or divine? (besides skeletons)


    Last edited by ChizFreak on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak

    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 427
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Canada

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by PPG-3- on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:46 pm

    Occult scales better with faith for the majority of weapons.
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by ChizFreak on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:48 pm

    PPG-3- wrote:Occult scales better with faith for the majority of weapons.

    I saw that most Divine weapons does more overall damage. Very few occult weapons do more damage than their divine counterparts, and even there the difference it's little I believe.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by Serious_Much on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:
    PPG-3- wrote:Occult scales better with faith for the majority of weapons.

    I saw that most Divine weapons does more overall damage. Very few occult weapons do more damage than their divine counterparts, and even there the difference it's little I believe.

    Chiz can you give me some numbers please? big grin I always presumed the A scaling of occult to B scaling of it's divine equivalent would outclass the divine, perhaps the scaling difference in the end is minimal?

    If this is the case i'd love some research to be done on the Magic/enchanted toos up too as that would also most likely receive a similar outcome


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by RANT on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:26 pm

    the diff is very minimal, try the devine large club, i love that thing. msgs has a B on occult, cant remember what other ive used, ive actually just finished my str/fai dragon build that i use as a support priest when i co op and i just started looking for a good devine/occilt weapon in terms of ar and scaling.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by lextune on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:05 pm

    ChizFreak wrote:Title. Making a faith toon. It's gonna use 50 faith, princess guard cov, sunlight spear and all that. Which divine or occult weapons do you recommend? It's occult better than divine?

    I'm currently using a Divine Bastard Sword +5.

    Also I'm gonna keep STR and DEX at 16 (for greatswords and Darkmoon Bow).

    Any difference against certain enemies while using occult or divine? (besides skeletons)

    My occult claymore outperforms my divine one on my faith build, if I recall correctly, (away from the game right now, for once, lol). And just for the sake of clarity you need to be a sunbro to use the sunlight spear.


    _________________
    XBL GT: lextune

    A Bunch of My Builds
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by Reaperfan on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 pm

    At 50 Faith, there is hardly any difference between the two. I've tested this with Divine +10/Occult +5 Claymores on various enemies, and with the exception of the ones that take extra damage from Divine (New Londo Ghosts, Skeletons, etc) the difference is very, very minor, though usually favoring Divine. By minor though, I mean at best 5-10 total extra damage from Divine.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by ChizFreak on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:32 am

    Serious_Much wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    PPG-3- wrote:Occult scales better with faith for the majority of weapons.

    I saw that most Divine weapons does more overall damage. Very few occult weapons do more damage than their divine counterparts, and even there the difference it's little I believe.

    Chiz can you give me some numbers please? big grin I always presumed the A scaling of occult to B scaling of it's divine equivalent would outclass the divine, perhaps the scaling difference in the end is minimal?

    If this is the case i'd love some research to be done on the Magic/enchanted toos up too as that would also most likely receive a similar outcome

    According to THIS, the Divine Claymore +10 does more damage than the Occult Claymore +5 with: 16 STR, 16 Dex and 50 Faith.


    lextune wrote:
    My
    occult claymore outperforms my divine one on my faith build, if I
    recall correctly, (away from the game right now, for once, lol). And
    just for the sake of clarity you need to be a sunbro to use the sunlight
    spear.

    Thanks for clarifying it, I forgot that! I guess I will not use it in this build.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 828
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by JY4answer on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:42 am

    Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I don't really believe in numbers, especially for DR on weapons with more than one type of damage.

    Generally the Divine and Occult paths shouldn't vary too much, apart from Divine having a slightly higher base damage, marginally better physical scaling, and hurts occult enemies more, compared to Occult having slightly better faith scaling and deals occult damage. Divine also has more physical damage, and Occult more magic.

    Which one does more damage depends too much on the enemies in question, e.g. physical vs magical defense, divine vs occult weakness.
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by ChizFreak on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:54 am

    JY4answer wrote:Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I don't really believe in numbers, especially for DR on weapons with more than one type of damage.

    Generally the Divine and Occult paths shouldn't vary too much, apart from Divine having a slightly higher base damage, marginally better physical scaling, and hurts occult enemies more, compared to Occult having slightly better faith scaling and deals occult damage. Divine also has more physical damage, and Occult more magic.

    Which one does more damage depends too much on the enemies in question, e.g. physical vs magical defense, divine vs occult weakness.

    16 STR
    16 Dex
    50 Faith

    Divine Claymore +10: (191/360/0/0) = 551
    Occult Claymore +5: (199/350/0/0) = 549

    The difference is minimal. Divine has more magic damage, and occult has more physical damage, but divine does 3 points more of overall damage.

    Numbers matter, planning and efficiency it's the recipe for success.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 828
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by JY4answer on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:25 am

    Planning and efficiency is important I agree. But at the difference of 3 damage rating? And then there's the opponent's defenses, a part where you can't plan.

    I'm not dissing anyone's work here, just saying that the difference between the paths in question isn't that significant.
    avatar
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 222
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 41
    Location : Greece

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by Robotech on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 am

    Imo forget the stats and scaling. As ChizFreak correctly mentioned the difference in overall damage is minimal despite the different scaling.
    The only real use of divine/occult lies in pvp. If you are invading you need occult for its occult bonus against white/gold pantoms and hosts, while divine has a bonus against red/blue phantoms. So you switch between them accordingly. Think of it this way ...master yoda would use a divine lightsabre while darth wader would use occult hence divine has a white symbol and occult has a black one.

    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 427
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Canada

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by PPG-3- on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:21 am

    Robotech wrote:Imo forget the stats and scaling. As ChizFreak correctly mentioned the difference in overall damage is minimal despite the different scaling.
    The only real use of divine/occult lies in pvp. If you are invading you need occult for its occult bonus against white/gold pantoms and hosts, while divine has a bonus against red/blue phantoms. So you switch between them accordingly. Think of it this way ...master yoda would use a divine lightsabre while darth wader would use occult hence divine has a white symbol and occult has a black one.



    has this ever been proven?
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by Serious_Much on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 pm

    Robotech wrote:Imo forget the stats and scaling. As ChizFreak correctly mentioned the difference in overall damage is minimal despite the different scaling.
    The only real use of divine/occult lies in pvp. If you are invading you need occult for its occult bonus against white/gold pantoms and hosts, while divine has a bonus against red/blue phantoms. So you switch between them accordingly. Think of it this way ...master yoda would use a divine lightsabre while darth wader would use occult hence divine has a white symbol and occult has a black one.

    Would this really work?

    I swear whenever you're invading or summoned you count as being human, you show up like you are at least so surely it shoudl be Occult that is better?


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 222
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 41
    Location : Greece

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by Robotech on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:48 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:
    Robotech wrote:Imo forget the stats and scaling. As ChizFreak correctly mentioned the difference in overall damage is minimal despite the different scaling.
    The only real use of divine/occult lies in pvp. If you are invading you need occult for its occult bonus against white/gold pantoms and hosts, while divine has a bonus against red/blue phantoms. So you switch between them accordingly. Think of it this way ...master yoda would use a divine lightsabre while darth wader would use occult hence divine has a white symbol and occult has a black one.

    Would this really work?

    I swear whenever you're invading or summoned you count as being human, you show up like you are at least so surely it shoudl be Occult that is better?

    I havent tested it personally but this is what all the wiki's imply.
    If anyone has a +5 occult claymore he can invade me and we can test this out. I'll give you my +10 divine claymore, you R1 me with both and we check if one does significantly more damage or not and vice versa. Just dont run away with my claymore please... lol!

    I am lvl 185 and i have klin free for invasions. Let me know! winking

    Sponsored content

    Re: 50 Faith: Divine VS Occult

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:01 am