Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
RANT
bloodpixel
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Wade_Wilson
9 posters

Effective weapons, that really shouldn't be.

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Effective weapons, that really shouldn't be. Empty Effective weapons, that really shouldn't be.

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:31 pm

What do you think are the weapons, that despite bad damage, scaling or movesets still kick butt?

For me, my +5 drake sword is a mystery. It really shouldnt be this good this far in (blightown), but I've yet to lose to a boss using it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Effective weapons, that really shouldn't be. Empty Re: Effective weapons, that really shouldn't be.

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:33 pm

I think it's more of a mystery that you've got a +5 drake sword when you're only in blight town....
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Effective weapons, that really shouldn't be. Empty Re: Effective weapons, that really shouldn't be.

Post by Wade_Wilson Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I think it's more of a mystery that you've got a +5 drake sword when you're only in blight town....

1 Dragon scale from the darkroot hydra, one from the undead dragon and a further two from the drakes (not farming), two in lower blightown and 5 in ash lake.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:17 pm

In PvP: spears and piercing swords.

Both are very precise weapons that deal small damage; they should be easy for an opponent to side-step, and when they hit they shouldn't even be worth the effort of using...

Only in reality, because of lag, their range, and strike speed, these weapons are practically impossible to dodge. So they still deal little damage, but you can safely whittle down your opponent's health while they can't hit you. And with a buffing spell, DMB, SLB, CMW, they become strong and impossible to dodge...

Shouldn't be effective, but they definitely are.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:49 pm

In real life: Any weapon that is really big.
    For example Zweihanders. Perhaps they would be more effective if we had DWGR.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:56 pm

BLA1NE wrote:In PvP: spears and piercing swords.

Both are very precise weapons that deal small damage; they should be easy for an opponent to side-step, and when they hit they shouldn't even be worth the effort of using...

Only in reality, because of lag, their range, and strike speed, these weapons are practically impossible to dodge. So they still deal little damage, but you can safely whittle down your opponent's health while they can't hit you. And with a buffing spell, DMB, SLB, CMW, they become strong and impossible to dodge...

this. it's the reason everyone has a spear in their off hand and a rapier on the other.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:11 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:In PvP: spears and piercing swords.

this. it's the reason everyone has a spear in their off hand and a rapier on the other.
    Really? My rapier seems to miss alot.
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:10 pm

One handing Smough's hammer is just silly, but I have had pretty decent 'luck' using it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:02 pm

bloodpixel wrote:Really? My rapier seems to miss alot.

Meh, people don't stand a chance against mine. Estoc +15 +SLB, takes about a quarter of their health per hit, and they can't dodge it. Also, the thing with piercing swords, is that they have almost no cooldown after attack, so you can roll away instantly. So they not only hit quickly, but they allow you to get away quickly too. I just roll-attack-roll; I can't be dodged and can't be hit.

I find it pretty boring, though. It gets really repetitive, and I start to feel silly after a while, rolling around so much!

Also, I have a Chaos Ricard's +4 in my offhand, to parry, and a Chaos Ricard's +5 in my back-up right hand slot! So when my buff wears off, I'm wielding dual Chaos Ricards.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:37 pm

^ They are no longer Ricard's Rapiers, they are Blaine's Rapiers!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Washing Pole, I'm pretty sure if I punched one it would break.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:26 am

Masks. I'm sure a stupid piece of metal strapped to your face shouldn't give you more energy, life or strength.

Not a weapon though.

How about swinging a 14 foot long dual-bladed axe?

Last edited by JY4answer on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:27 am

It would if it was filled with Cocaine. silly
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:28 am

Tolvo wrote:It would if it was filled with Cocaine. silly

You'd THINK you have more energy, life and strength.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:29 am

Haha, if only I hadn't used up my vote.

The Liefhunt Scythe, it's not like there's a reason Scythe's aren't used in warfare.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:31 am

Tolvo you're on to something!
    Mask of the father: Steroids
    Mask of the mother: Morphine
    Mask of the child: Cocaine
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 am

I was thinking caffeine for mask of child.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am