Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Quick, someone tell me if this is a horrible idea!

timff8

Quick, someone tell me if this is a horrible idea! Empty Quick, someone tell me if this is a horrible idea!

Post by timff8 Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:04 am

Hi everyone.

Okay, stop me now if this is horrible.

I want to play a Cleric, but without going heavy armor or even medium. I'm speaking of a Faith/Vit build with moderate Strength and Endurance, and either Havel's Ring or the DWGR.

So really I'm asking, can you run a light melee build with Miracles and Strenght/Faith weapons, or will it suck horribly?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Quick, someone tell me if this is a horrible idea! Empty Re: Quick, someone tell me if this is a horrible idea!

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:25 am

The strength weapons requiere you to have high poise to counter their slow swings. But! As a light build, I recommend using any Great Hammer's R1 two-handed rolling attack. It is devastating and surprisingly fast. Use your flips as defense.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Quick, someone tell me if this is a horrible idea! Empty Re: Quick, someone tell me if this is a horrible idea!

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:42 am

One of my all-time favorite builds is my miracle-caster, but I can say that until about midway through the game when you have acquired offensive miracles such as the Lightning Spears, Wrath of the Gods, and Emit Force, you're going to have a very difficult time. It's by no means impossible to make a "miracle caster," but you will have to treat it differently than an Int caster. If you're really invested in going into a melee stat, then it would be a good idea to invest in Dex instead of Str to improve your casting rates since miracles have some of the slowest startups of any spells, and my recommendation in terms of armor for this kind of build is to take medium armor, since you will not be able to spam your miracles from a distance very easily for prolonged periods of time and will be forced into melee combat more often than an Int caster. So here's the bottom line:

*Pick your favorite medium armor set and weapon(s), and invest in enough END to medium roll (RoFaP or Havel's Rings help).
    *Take Ring of the Sun's Firstborn, and either the Crown of the Dark Sun or the Crown of Dusk
    *Get to 50 Faith to take full advantage of the most powerful talisman (Darkmoon Talisman)
    *Meet the minimum Str/Dex requirements for your weapon, then make it Divine or Occult since you will mostly be using your Faith for damage.
    *Any other unused points put into Vitality or Attunement
    *Rush to unlock the Lightning Spear miracles and the Gravelord Sword Dance as fast as possible, then focus on obtaining Emit Force followed by Wrath of the Gods.

The key difference between this and an Int caster is that you be much more powerful in melee, while also holding a strong presence from a range. Sit back throwing lightning all around, then beat the enemy's face in when they've had enough and run in for melee happy

Sorry if I kind of rambled on lol...hope this helps!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:48 am

Reaper he wants Light Armor and Strength. I know he can do it lol. Also Miracles Sunlight Blade and Darkmoon Blade + Great Hammer, he can have over 1000 AR.
    timff8

Post by timff8 Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:51 am

Correct, but I still value mr. reaper's input.

My last build was medium with faith/dex, I'm trying to move away from that.

There aren't any miracles that boost defenses, by any chance?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:00 am

Magical Defense, Great Magic Barrier is a super miracle.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:06 am

Also I researched the Light Armors.
    The best headgear is the Big Hat/Crown of Dusk/Crown of Dark Sun.

The best torso is the Sage Robe/Dyngy Robe

The best glove is the Wanderer Manchette.

The best leggings is the Maiden Skirt.

Obviously all Light Armor differentiate by a small amount on physical defense, but these mentioned shine on Magical Defense (very high).
    timff8

Post by timff8 Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:09 am

PVP tends to be magic-centric?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:07 am

timff8 wrote:PVP tends to be magic-centric?

Most PvPers use fire or lightning weapons, but you see a lot of mages specially with the Moonlight Greatsword.
    timff8

Post by timff8 Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:27 am

Is it at all worth using +15 standard weapons instead?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:44 am

If you are using Big Strength based weapons, I suggest upgrading them to +4 Crystal. As they are large, most of them have high durability. Also when you upgrade to Crystal, make sure they are farmable and not unique, so that if they brake, you can have another. You can buff Crystal with Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade. Extramely powerful.
    timff8

Post by timff8 Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Can Crystal weapons have their durability repaired at a bonfire or blacksmith? Or with the Repair sorcery?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:59 pm

no, you cannot repair crystal weapons.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:02 pm

my most recent build is a str/fai dragoon and i use it as a support class cleric, i use the clubs with either maiden or dingy set with diff rings, i switch around with cloranthy ring, wolf ring, son of the first born ring and sometimes dwgr when the host gets invaded.
    timff8

Post by timff8 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:24 pm

What is a dragoon per se?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Upon achiving rank 2 in the Dragon covenant you recieve a torso stone that allows you to become a humanoid dragon.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:28 pm

i meant dragon, and what whiteknight said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm