Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Emergence
SolracSeis
6 posters

The Furtive Pymgy

SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

The Furtive Pymgy Empty The Furtive Pymgy

Post by SolracSeis Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:17 pm

So Basically I was searching around to see if anyone found out anything about the use of the pendent? (no this not a thread about the pendent) Through searching, I have notice a lot of people mentioning the Pygmy in their theories. (i.e. stuff like you're the pygmy or you're a descendant)

After a while I realized something a Professor told me about story writing. Writers put everything(EVERYTHING!) in a story for a reason: every noun to every adjective.

Since I wanted to know who the Pygmy is and since no one is giving a definite answer just more assumptions, I looked up the meaning of the word Pygmy. After reading its definition, I am satisfied now with who the Pygmy is.

From Dictionary.com (4th definition)
    Pygmy
    "a person who is of small importance, or who has some quality, attribute, etc., in very small measure."

If you think about it, this fits perfectly for the Pygmy. In Comparison to the other "gods" who found the Lord Souls, the Pygmy is unimportant or small. Hell the intro says hes forgotten. He's only quality of importance is that he found a Lord Soul and No one knew he did. (Furtive meaning thief or stealthy, etc..)

Again after a little thought, you can argue you are both the Pygmy and a Descendant.

I believe the Pygmy is 'Man'.

So my first thought, since you are a Human you would be a descendant of the Pygmy along with all other Humans. But Then if you created 'Man'. wouldn't that be important. My thought after that was maybe the Pygmy means 'Man'(or the Humans)? After all compared to the gods, Humans would be of little importance. So if the Pygmy did mean to stand for 'Man' then the character you play as (a Human or an undead) would be the Pygmy and a descendant in a way.

After all the Second ending is the Age of Man. (Right?)

I just wanna know some thoughts on this. and please be welcome to point anything out that will support or disprove this theory.

P.S I think the Story Writers did a great job with this game. Especially with leaving everything open and up to the players.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

The Furtive Pymgy Empty Re: The Furtive Pymgy

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Yes, I think the consensus now is that the pygmy was the first "man". The mystery now is who specifically the pygmy was, as in specific name and gender.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:24 pm

I believe Kaarthe says that you are the descendent of the pygmy. The pygmy is basically the ancestor of man, or an important person in man's populating of the world (depending of whether you believe humans existed before the first flame or not). At the moment it is believeed the pygmy is either the god of war (Gwyn's firstborn) or the first firekeeper (Velka). The second ending is a bit confusing as to whether it is the beginning of the age of man or something worse like the age of the darkwrauths
    running unchecked.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 pm

I can go with that. But I don't think there will be a name and gender(if not already assumed as Male) since he's "forgotten" and since i believe the story writers made it that way.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:31 pm

@DoughGuy Actually i believe he said "predecessor" which doesnt be ancestor it means the one who came before. (not sure if he said Predecessor needs to be check)
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:33 pm

Also the God of War is Solarie. and the evidence is there.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:36 pm

He says "progenitor" which squarely nails the player as a direct discendant. Whether or not there is a clue to whom he/she was is the great search.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Not so sure about Solaire. If we are talking literary devices in this thread, I would say Solaire's presence is the proverbial red herring.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 pm

There is now much more evidence and support to Siegemeyer or Andre being the god of war.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 pm

There are many ideas as to the God of War, there is evidence enough to argue that Andre is also the God of War.

Sadly all our best efforts can only shed light on complete speculation. Nothing is concrete within the lore, which i suppose is something that can be both criticised or acclaimed depending on your opinions of it
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:00 am

@DoughGuy how are any of them related to Lord Gwyn. The God of War was his first Son(the old one anyway)....i would argue that Maybe Knight Laturec could be his first born. but i dont have too much on that.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:01 am

We have no knowledge on Siege's, Andre's or Solaire's hsitory. Any of them could be the god of war btu the evidence points to the former 2.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:03 am

What are the evidence point to the former 2? please let me know
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:14 am

Ecidence for Andre - Check out the god of war thread for him. Add to that thread Acidics idea that the god of war is the god of blacksmithing, his ability to punch you to death and you have a compelling case.
    Siege - He uses only his weapons, no magic whatsoever i.e. only the strength in his arm. he gets into Izalith withuot going either of the 2 ways the player can.
    Evidence AGAINST Solaire - He uses faith based magic, i.e. not only the poewr of his arm.
    There is a bit more that I can't remember for Siege and Solaire. Check out the god of war thread and Acidic's thred for more proof.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:19 am

Ok. ill read up. but if you read the Sunlight Blade miracle.

"Miracle wielded by Lord Gwyn's firstborn. Boost right weapon with rays of Sun.
    The power of sunlight, manifested as lightning, is very effective against dragons. When the eldest son was stripped of his deific status, he left this on his father's coffin, perhaps as a final farewell."

The god of war did use miracle base attack. (Sunlight Blade) So that disproves that the God of War didnt use miracles.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:24 am

These are interesting thoughts. thanks guys ill go read up on the god of war stuff. but since this was a thread about the Pygmy ill stop posting about the God of War..
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:27 am

The logic here is that this miracle empowers a blade and boosts the power of his arm. Solaire uses the lightning javelin miracle which is a ranged magic attack that does not rely on the casters own strength. That is what I meant when I said Solaire used miracles. I didn't mean miracles overall I meant certain miracles.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:34 am

"Miracle passed down to those bound by the Warrior of Sunlight covenant. Hurl giant lightning spear.
    The weapon of the God of War, who inherited the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, but had respect only for arms, and nothing else."

Second lightning spell.

States that it was the weapon of God of War. If it was hes weapon then he must of used it right? > but the god of war had respect only for arms and nothing else.

This does not state that he only used arms.

infact it states that the Son inherited Gywn's Sunlight. And who Keeps talking about finding their OWN SUNLIGHT. Solaire.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:40 am

First not his own sunlight, his own sun. Small difference.
    Second Just because it was his weapon does not mean he used it. He may have had it but he did not use it because he did not respect a weapon that did not rely on his own arms.
    Why would the god of war be searching for his sun? He inherited the power of the sun and gave it up. it is more likely Solaire is simply a Warrior of Sunlight searching for the god of war than him being the god of war.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:51 am

So if something was your Weapon. Would you not used said weapon. And if he didnt used it why state that it is his weapon. Second the the God of War watches closely over his Followers.

Sunlight Medal
    "...The symbol represents Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who lost his deity status and was expunged from the annals. But the old God of War still watches closely over his warriors."

So lets check who gets summoned more or helps out more. Solaire. Since you can summon him for a lot of boss battles.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:54 am

It was his weapon because he inherited it. If you inherit something its your whether you use it or not.
    getting summoned to help in boss fights is what sunbros do. Just because you can summon him a lot means he is a helpful sunbro.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:55 am

C'mon guys post your thoughts on the God of War thread!!!! SolracSeis I'll post my theory of the Pygmy in a moment.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:56 am

Sweet.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:16 am

Ok the director has confirmed that the Pygmy is the ancestor of the Player (man). Kaathe tells us that our ancestor found the Dark Soul, the fourth Lord Soul. The director also said that the Dark Soul was passed down by the ancestor as fragments of it (Humanity). Also Acidic_Cook has a theory that Velka, the Goddes of Sin, was the Firekeeper of the First Flame (bonfire by the Kiln). I propose that as the bonfires grow/feed on humanity, Velka used the power of the Dark Soul (infinite humanity) to feed/maintain the First Flame. So if Acid's theory is correct, I think that Velka is the Pygmy.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:28 am

Soul of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder

"Soul of the Gwyn, Lord of Sunlight and Cinder, who linked the First Flame.

Lord Gwyn Bequeathed most of his power to the Gods, and burned as cinder for the First Flame, but even so, Lord Gwyn's Soul is powerful thing indeed."

This would lead me to believe that Lord Gwyn is the Fire Keeper. Since he is what is burning apparently and maintaining the First Fire. Which is what you do for ending 1. ("good Ending")

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm