Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Artorias
Katakato
Baiulus
BLA1NE
Grey-Ronin
ViralEnsign_
Nocturnal
Carphil
Serious_Much
Kerberos-013
RANT
bloodpixel
GrEeNgObLiN
Reaperfan
FruitPunchNinja
Tolvo
Chumgeyser
21 posters

Who doesn't use the DWGR?

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Who doesn't use the DWGR? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who doesn't use the DWGR?

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Chumgeyser wrote:Has the Fight Club crowd considered voting on things like the DWGR?

I think they're just gonna keep the DWGR, to me it's better if we use it but have some events where we don't use it like cosplay build nights and nights with VASTLY different rules etc

btw sorry for totally derailing your topic Prostration

but in my opinion, ideal builds for no DWGR are ones like sorcery casters who don't need the armour as much as more melee orientated builds (I'd try to get fast roll if possible though)

Edit: Reaper I'm gonna stop debating with that last response, it's been good, and I'm glad I didn't get you upset or pissed off with anything I said as I know you don't like the ring at all. Good stuff brony, good stuff. Bow
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:24 pm

I wrote out my response, but decided not to post it as it ended up sounding very attacking and somewhat personal. All I will say now is this:

I am deeply saddened. The DWGR creates a stale competitive environment, where only a single build is played with minor variations in weapon choice based on player's personal tastes. Until this is no longer the case, multiple types of builds are commonly accepted outside of a special preorganized event, and the rest of the Dark Souls community is no longer resigned to the fact that the DWGR will always be a necessity in order to play with others, I will refer you here again. Farewell. Who doesn't use the DWGR? - Page 3 945058907
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Reaperfan wrote:I wrote out my response, but decided not to post it as it ended up sounding very attacking and somewhat personal. All I will say now is this:

I am deeply saddened. The DWGR creates a stale competitive environment, where only a single build is played with minor variations in weapon choice based on player's personal tastes. Until this is no longer the case, multiple types of builds are commonly accepted outside of a special preorganized event, and the rest of the Dark Souls community is no longer resigned to the fact that the DWGR will always be a necessity in order to play with others, I will refer you here again. Farewell. Who doesn't use the DWGR? - Page 3 945058907

I apologise then my response got you rattled up, not my intention but i guess you know that considering what im like silly

I agree that the DWGR does take out variation a lot, I hope in the next souls game that they have no way to manipulate movement speed and roll type other than your equipment and your endurance.

I hope this doesn't mean you're leaving though :| It's like I'm one of the few old guard left on here now..
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I hope this doesn't mean you're leaving though :| It's like I'm one of the few old guard left on here now..

You guys have FC tonight to prove to me that PvP means more than just throwing on a DWGR, a mix of medium and heavy armor, and a SLB/DMB/CMW buffed weapon while flipping around throwing out rolling attacks. Depending on how that goes my judgement call to stay and hold on to a thread of hope or leave until changes happen will be made.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:51 pm

you are attending? What's your PSN reaper?

I'm hosting tonight so hopefully I'll see you on happy

Also, if you could try to attend the Russian Roulette that Yukon's making then I think you'll have some fun with that silly
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:15 pm

I don't always use the DWGR, but sometimes I do. It depends on my mood and on the gear that I use whether I need it or not. It is not a necessity.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Is FC not posted on the calendar anymore? Where is it? I'll try and attend.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 pm

it's every sat night but you can alway go to the sticky and ask if anyone is down for dueling any day of the week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am