Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
RajenRaymen
callipygias
Sunbro4evar
SlakeMoth
Langoulk
eninala
Tolvo
ublug
IceIfrit666
befowler
ARSP
Darkson
Yarxov
skarekrow13
White Mamba
lextune
kiwi_commander
21 posters

Those "yeah, I deserved that" moments

kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Those "yeah, I deserved that" moments Empty Those "yeah, I deserved that" moments

Post by kiwi_commander Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 am

Post all your "yeah I deserved that moments"

Yesterday, I started a new character as a bandit. Clearing the undead parish like a pro thinking I am the hotness and thinking: undead parish too easy, I have 300+ hours in Dark Souls. I finished clearing the bottom level of the church, now heading to take out the knight of balder at the stairs. Lure him downstairs to kill him, I miss my parry so we start dueling. I swing once with my axe to break his guard; miss and try to swing again. I didn't notice he went into parry mode and I eat a riposte. I am down to 10% health. I try to roll away and get back stabbed by same knight.

... yeah, I deserved that.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Those "yeah, I deserved that" moments Empty Re: Those "yeah, I deserved that" moments

Post by lextune Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:23 am

I have been killed by the Darkwraith 5 move combo about a half dozen times while farming them....

....rocking no real poise to speak of while farming, (the mimic head might have 15 I think), so if/when you are stun locked by the first hit it seems like time slows downs....

"No! No! No! N.....oh crap."
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Those "yeah, I deserved that" moments Empty Re: Those "yeah, I deserved that" moments

Post by White Mamba Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:25 am

Going back to fight the stray demon/get the rusted ring. 'Oh look at the guys with torches, how cute'

I rush them and and don't even get to swing as on the backswing I am on fire and yeahh. I think my first time back there was one of the only times they didn't kill me. So every time I end up like

...yeah, I deserved that
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:31 am

Doing some recon in the forest to see if the host has a phantom or two. After I see some shiny guy near the host I start shooting them with poison arrows. Another hunter invades and rushes into battle. I always run in to help in these situations. Forgot to switch back to my primary weapon and get backstabbed while placing an arrow on the bow. While a point blank arrow woulda been awexome.....

"Yeah, I deserved that"
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:34 am

@Lextune I did the same many times, I wasted about 4 Rings of Sacrifice trying to get to my first bloodstain, in NG+ with 20 vitality If I miss a parry I'm dead.

Most recent one was on my new griefer-bait character, cosplaying a Norse warrior, duel Lightning Hand axes, iron round shield, Chaos Bastard Sword, etc. I go down to havel thinking I'll OHK him with a Backstab. When I'm at the bottom I roll off of the staircase, he turns and swings his Dragon Tooth and Kills me instantly.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:41 am

Every single time I managed to get cursed by the basilisks...
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:24 am

I wa getting proud running around strutting my stuff after being O&S So I so started showing off got killed by a giant turned around ran for my souls I get back stabbed by a Silver Knight and lose all those souls.... yeah I deserved that
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:37 am

Running back from the depths to firelink with 99 humanity and ~ 1 million souls, I'm lightning spearing (weapon, not spell) my way easily through all the hollows like a boss. At one point I actually thought to myself "wow, this is easy" -- always a death trap. As I exit the aqueduct onto that open walkway/stairway, I target lock the hollow there for another spearing. The moment I trigger the attack, the hollow inexplicably jumps directly to his right off the stairs in a suicidal plunge - with me following a second later when the attack tries to target him over the side. Worse, when I revived I was all the way back down in the depths. I did manage to recover the bloodstain, after sweating bullets the entire way back up.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 am

I was deciding to either read "Inheritance" or play Dark Souls, so I did both.
    I went on the ledge behind Alvina and used chameleon, put down the controller, and started reading my book.After some one invaded me, I set a stop watch.
    It took this guy 2 hours and 37 minutes to find me. When he did he WoG spammed me to death.
    Yeah, I deserved that...
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 pm

White Mamba wrote:Going back to fight the stray demon/get the rusted ring. 'Oh look at the guys with torches, how cute'

I rush them and and don't even get to swing as on the backswing I am on fire and yeahh. I think my first time back there was one of the only times they didn't kill me. So every time I end up like

...yeah, I deserved that

What is with those guys? lol....

....I have a toon that can tank a hit from a 40 foot tall demon swinging an axe that is bigger than him , but a zombie with a torch hits him and he is stunlocked and a quarter of his hp is gone? silly
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:04 pm

befowler wrote:As I exit the aqueduct onto that open walkway/stairway, I target lock the hollow there for another spearing. The moment I trigger the attack, the hollow inexplicably jumps directly to his right off the stairs in a suicidal plunge - with me following a second later when the attack tries to target him over the side.
    This happens to me one out of two times when I'm going down the spiral stair to Vamos. Why do the damned skeletons always jump off? I'll never learn..
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Yesterday while trying to duel with Yesuurd, Mofomony, and Joocy in the Burg I kept getting invaded by BS fishers. So I put on my Anti-Farmer gear, took out Hornets, and attuned PW. Whenever I saw one I popped Power before they came down and killed them. I switch to a talisman to heal at one point then put back on a glove. A new guy came down who fat rolled with a smough's hammer, good guy. He actually wanted a duel, but I popped PW to be careful. I unequip the G halberd and we fight. Just as I'm about to get the finishing blow, I die. I was wondering, "How did I lose my health so fast?"

Turns out, I equipped a +15 glove, "Yeah, I deserved that."
    eninala

Post by eninala Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:44 pm

The first time I fought the Four Kings, I thought, "Now that I'm down here, I probably don't need to wear the Covenant of Artorius ring anymore."

I was wrong.
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:03 pm

I basically tell myself I deserve a death or losing out on an item when I in general just try to rush to get somewhere or something. You really need to take your time in this game. Not a turtle's pace but, I like to treat every enemy as a boss encounter.

Like when I try to rush through the depths and I end up getting cursed...if I just took my time I could have avoided those Basilisks...
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 pm

^ I know what you are talking about, for example when I was farming the Darkwraiths, coming from the bonfire in that cave with the elevator between Darkroot Basin and Valley of the Drakes. I also decided to farm the drakes on my way to New Londo Ruins everytime. At some point I got so impatient with them, I decided to take on all of the 3 drakes at the end of the bridge at once... yeah...

I deserved getting electro-shocked to death...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Those drakes anger me so much that I refuse to do anything other than shoot them in the face from a distance...sometimes I will poison them and go grab a snack while they die slowly and painfully.

Yeah....they deserve that
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:07 pm

^^^ That would've made farming 30 scales so much easier for me.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm

^ lol I believe that silly

I don't wanna brag... but I think by now I got really good at dealing with these damn drakes 8) (without cheesing them) But you never know what will happen, sometimes I get just pushed off the bridge by a drake's tail/wing or whatever, sometimes one drake just keeps on spamming that fly-up-and-spit-lightning attack, sometimes 2-3 drakes hit me at once with their lightning breath... Dangerous!!!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Reasons to be cheerful, no?
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:25 am

On my NG+ char (my first time in NG+) I was feelin like a boss because i killed Gwyn first try at level 74. I was thinking in my head "ya right NG+ probably isn't even that hard. The guys on the forums were just sayin that." Sad to say I died by being mobbed in undead parish by them damn hollows with 30 humanity on me. I also was unable to get back to my body without dying. My facial expression after all this :evil: :x sad

I deserved that
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Didn't notice my curse ran out and got whooped by that mob of ghosts just before the ladder to Ingward. Understandable.

BUT then I had the brilliant thought, "I wonder if I can just run back to my bloodstain and avoid the ghosts." You can, but I couldn't. So I pretty much deserved that.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Ouch!
    Whenever I go through anor londo I run into the Banshee room as fast as I can and use high-arcs to kill them all :3 I have yet to fail.
    RajenRaymen
    RajenRaymen

Post by RajenRaymen Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:38 am

My usual I deserved that moment is when i jump down to the basement of Sen's fortress to fight the prowler demons and i think i can take two on at the same time. I just get mowed down no matter what.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:50 am

In dukes archives after managing to sweep through the whole area holding about 30 humanity and 400k souls.

Get to the crystal knight, I am actually verbally slandering him ("That all you got?", "your hat is stupid") 'cause I am home alone and I am a total retard. He runs down hall to attack me, parry him. He recovers in time to eat a fire storm. He's nearly done lets finish this with an R1 attac-- He parries me, OHKO.

Yeah.. I think that about sums it up.. I totally had that coming.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:54 am

Thou shall not mock the Mask!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm