Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
DxV04
User
6 posters

Test of Wit

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Test of Wit Empty Test of Wit

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:08 am

as some of you may know, I love strength weapons. in fact, I never go to any other type of build without my strength weapon of choice (DGH), because it is one of the few weapons that feel right, and other types never fit. The only other thing that did was the full out Pyromancer, which I just set my character for Pyromancy use (which later on became difficult, because it was my first time playing DS). Usually, I only play either a Chaos Servant and the Gravelord Servant. However, due to some... complicated errors in both sides, I decided to.... mix it up a little. Add some flare. I am not removing such playstyles, just making a new one. And since I am not a fan of the 'Pop Culture', I decided on a build that includes the Covenant 'Princess Guard'. Hardly Seen, and can not say is one of the most popular votes (in fact, it is probably the least popular one). So, for the first time after a while... I am putting down my Strength Weapons. Gasp, I know.

So, this is my build:

Weapons (RH):
    - Shield (Balder) + 15
    - Ivory talisman

Weapons (LH):
    - Darkmoon Catalyst
    - Composite Bow + 5 Chaos

Spells:
    - Chameleon
    - Remedy
    - Soothing Sunlight
    - Bountiful Sunlight
    - Seek Guidance
    - Resist Curse
    - Vow of Silence
    - Repair (only off battle)
    - Karmic Justice

Armor:
    -Crown of the Darkmoon
    - Painted Guardian Robe
    - Maiden Skirt
    - Antiquated Gloves

Rings:
    - Dusk Crown Ring
    - White Seance Ring

Stats (just for standard aiming):
    Vitality: 50
    Endurance: 15
    Attunement: 50
    Strength: 12
    Dexterity: 12
    Resistence: 30
    Intelligence: 18
    Fate: 40

I do not know which class to choose, but the stats are their. It will take some time, but it will be done... It is going to be hell to test, but it is for the best. Who knows. I might actually like it

My Characters Name is Aporia, which seems to be a fitting name for such a... being. If you are of the PvE or PvP, I shall see you soon.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Test of Wit Empty Re: Test of Wit

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:20 am

Or, perhaps If I feel as such, i might aim for a Dragonslayer Bow instead of the Composite. However, the Bow seems to be to strong by itself for such a build. Depends on how this experiment goes, but the Composite Bow seems to be what i am aiming for.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:23 am

seems like an ideal candidate for a cleric. happy
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:26 am

yes. Miracles are the least favorite choice of spells, with Pyromancy being the Top Choice (due to stat situations). However in PvE, perhaps I should be much useful for a companion than alone. Who knows. We shall see. In a thresh hold, this is gonna suck in a good amount of situations (particularly, bosses. GL trying to shoot an enemy with a bow or bash with a shield). Ehhh.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 am

Did I read correctly... you're going to have a Balder Shield in your right hand? Interesting! May I ask why?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 am

Simple. My character is going to be what the princess Guard is suppose to be in my mind: A Supporting Covenant. The Shield is not for killing, so much so as for target practice. With two handed shield, your stability and ability to take hits with it increases, making it a weapon of life over death. This shield also allows an R2 move which I call the 'charge'. Simply, it makes the player charge at an enemy, but it acts as if its blocking, so any weapons that come with not stop the attack if the shield is hit in front of em. Simply, this shield is not a weapon, just a life savor.

The only weapon I shall use is my bow. Since I am aiming for a Darkmoon Catalyst, the Bow will not do, so I shall use the Composite Bow, and only that so. When the time comes, and if stress overcomes me, I shall switch to the Dragonslayer Bow, but that is below my list. For now, the Composite will do.

EDIT: Sorry, the Bow is the weapon I only intend to kill the majority.
    SuperMint
    SuperMint

Post by SuperMint Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am

50 attunement? Good god that's alot of spells, I have trouble filling 3 slots!

well, seeing as you appear to be going with a type of supportive faith build, I'd actually reccommend the darkmoon bow as a more effective choice. It scales based on faith and using moonlight arrows can do some pretty high damage for a bow. The catalyst is unecessary since the sorceries your using are strictly utility and don't require any power.

Also I've got no idea why you're using so much resistance. From everything that's been tested the only thing it does is give you slightly more poison resistance, all the defenses it raises also raise with your overall level and the diminishing returns stack, so it's nearly useless. Especially if you plan on blocking and defending alot, it'd need 40 endurance to tank more than one or two hits.

Also agree Cleric is a good choice
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:01 am

I have used Resistance, and I have tested it with actual 'deprived' characters, and the difference between standard SL Up defences and Resistence Up Defenses shows later on. One character that went to SL 25 with just resistance took more than half as much as the other character. So I find that Resistance is useful In cases. The Poison also helps, but will be subjected when I use the less... sturdy armor. Resistance is just filling the gap for my armor I am going to wear more so than poison.

And Yes, I am thinking of being a Cleric. I might pick the Bow instead of the Catalyst, but we will see. It might help more so than just having a + 5 Chaos Bow (which will take a while to get, since lava and the Demons are going to guard it strictly).

My Pyrmoancer-Only build only had 50 attunement and some vitality/endurance. With the amount of spells I had, it was a lot of fun. Heh.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:02 am

Ah, I forgot about two-handing the shield!

Will this be for a playthrough or co-op? Because you could make it a "fewest kills possible run."

I think these are the only enemies you need to kill in a playthrough:
    - Asylum Demon
    - Bell Gargoyles
    - Queelag
    - Iron Golem
    - (Silver Knight Dragonslayer Archer)
    - Ornstein & Smough
    - Sif
    - 4 Kings
    - Ceaseless Discharge
    - Bed of Chaos
    - Pinwheel
    - Nito
    - (Manserpent guard in Sen's prison)
    - Seath
    - Gwyn

Total: 15 Kills
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:07 am

well, due to my 'inventory' it would be a challenge for Co-Op. Just for a playthrough, it would be brutal! Imagine, trying to battle the Iron Golem with just a shield and a bow. The Bell gargoyles in 2vs1, with 1 being me. The Four Kings and Orny and Smough would be a joke. Maybe If I had some better inventory for recommendation, then I would.

Now I am leaning to a better bow... going against Sif or anyone else with a DragonSlayer Bow would NOT be a wise choice. I guess I should get the Darkmoon Bow. I guess I should also count how many kills I get, and see how it works as the class it is. Sigh, the Catacombs are going to be a bitch too. Thank god for the shield.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:12 am

The catacombs are entirely skippable with a few well-executed falls, though, so no problem there.

I just don't know how you're going to beat some of these bosses with no weapons other than a bow! How about using Halberds? The Anor Londo Giants use them, and they're Gwynevere's guards. I don't think it'd be inappropriate for your covenant build!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:15 am

Nah. I don't want to cheat from what i aim to do. No physical weapons. It would ruin the idea of a being of the a 'Healer'. it would not seem right If I killed people as such. A bow seems more... acceptable than a Giant Halberd. Plus the Strength I would need would be annoying. The Skeletons will be only hard, because their Necromancers will always be around, and no bonfire will be ever safe to use, or accessible. So one wrong move, and BAMB! Start all the way back at Firelink Shrine, or worst somewhere farther. I have become an expert of the catacombs, but it is still going to be hell to beat.
    SuperMint
    SuperMint

Post by SuperMint Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:23 am

A total white mage eh? Someone should make a sorcery/pyro user in the big hat set, a dagger wielding theif, and a knight and we've got ourselves a party straight outta Final Fantasy right there. Then you could take turns attacking and letting the boss attack until someone wins XD
    sen545331
    sen545331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sen545331 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:25 am

you could replace seek guidance considering all it does it open up the messages on the ground for you

also, you have no spells that would scale with the catalyst magadj (i think repair is even a set amount) so it doesn't really matter which catalyst you'd use, getting the bow would definitely be viable, but if i understand, an occult +5 composite should get between 460-470 total AR with moonlight arrows

that's beside the fact you'd need more dex to use the darkmoon bow, but if you went to 16....about 430 total AR

that is of course, if you didn't go for chaos, although +5 with 10 humanity i think is still beat out by occult (with the respective arrows, granted, the fire arrows cost 1/5 the cost)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:25 am

Lol. I don't think the Bosses would allow such play. If you want to be my Companion for this 'journey', you are more than welcome to join... seriously.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:27 am

That's a great idea for a run! Get together with 2 other people and you can form a Final Fantasy party, and co-op the whole game.

Btw, did you invade me in the Kiln today? I think someone named [something]mint invaded me and killed me before he even spawned (no offense! just what happened...), then I messaged him.
    sen545331
    sen545331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sen545331 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:28 am

another thing, does resist curse actually work? i don't believe it ever did for me...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:31 am

For the White Tiger, Seek Guidance is for my own personal 'searching' for what i am doing here. The Seek Guidance is their not for playing, but more for looking for some of the specific notes left by my friend. As an occult weapon, It might not work as well as a divine weapon, due to their being more undead and dead than what the occult can harm (which I understand is few). Still, I shall take that in consideration.

And yes, Resist Curse Works. Not only that, but you can sacrifice one Humanity to remove a Curse if you are infected with a curse. BUT it is only if their is a curse on you. I don't know a lot of people who would buy into this...
    sen545331
    sen545331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sen545331 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:32 am

hmm, not sure if i tried it after the patch, i don't believe it worked for me before that, shrug, oh well, i haven't really been cursed since then either, since i know enough of the game, i've been able to prepare for it better
    SuperMint
    SuperMint

Post by SuperMint Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 am

@BLA1NE: Naw, I haven't been doing any invading lately, if you see a PSN named SuperMintSoda at any time during your travels though, that's definatly me =P

Also I bet I could totally make a cloud-ish type deal with the butcher knife and some light armors, hair would be a problem though.......
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:40 am

lol if you guys make a FF trio then I'll make a Sephiroth and invade you with it! Or I'll put down my sign and you'll summon me as an extra boss. winking
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:41 am

Heh, well this is interesting. Do I got partners for this?
    SuperMint
    SuperMint

Post by SuperMint Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:47 am

I wouldn't mind making a little challenge run wit ya. It'd definatly be different that's for sure.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:51 am

Cool. Be awhile to get it all my stuff, but we can start at Undead Burg.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:13 am

Acidic_Cook wrote:Heh, well this is interesting. Do I got partners for this?
    This would be supper fun I need to get my PS3 asap!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am