Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
BLA1NE
Mclovein
6 posters

why u do that

Mclovein
    Mclovein

why u do that  Empty why u do that

Post by Mclovein Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Ok so there has been something makeing me mad. Ok so i cant even start a new playthrough now without geting invaded 200010002 times, but the funny thing is that my main is on ng++ and i dont even get invaded that much.
    Does this make you mad or is it just me
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

why u do that  Empty Re: why u do that

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:49 pm

I only ever start new playthroughs now when I want to create new builds, so I don't even bother going human until my build is complete. I don't mind playing solo, I guess!

It's strange, though. I invade a ton in Sen's, but once in a while I'll throw down my summon sign. And lately, I've actually never been invaded while helping a host. It's like I'm the only person invading in Sen's anymore!

Where is it you're getting invaded continuously? The Burg? I imagine it's because a lot of [unscrupulous characters] like to go there to pick on noobs...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:03 pm

I think it's a little sad that when you get higher, you get no invasions barely, but at low level you get invasions all the time.

Frankly it's just because thewy know that they outgear people so badly they probably wont lose, it's kinda sad really.
    Mclovein
    Mclovein

Post by Mclovein Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Well yea thats what im saying
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:11 pm

I cant believe that even in lowbie invasions that they still feel like resorting to stuff like full heavy armour and chain BSing/WoG spamming, it's just beyond pathetic.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:44 pm

its normal if you're on the unofficial level cap of 120 you get invaded a ton of times most of the times by griefers and people that abuse lag to win

normally i get no invasions on higher levels actuaally my main that is on lvl 225 is never getting invaded neither actually summoned to help anyone i don't know if its just bad luck for me or if something's up

some people just get so atached to their "cheap quick win tactics" that they never want to part from them making them never actually learn how to play PVP like real mans and only as cowards that cannot win without dancing behind you the entire time :/

Last edited by Scudman_Slayer on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to add something)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:

some people just get so atached to their "cheap quick win tactics" that they never want to part from them making them never actually learn how to play PVP like real mans and only as cowards that cannot win without dancing behind you the entire time :/

and I have the satisfaction of knowing how to enjoy and get a better experience out of PvP and Dark souls in general than those guys, they just make me lament for the future of the souls series when it doubtless get the 'triple A' stamp of popularity.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:52 pm

^Hopefully From will keep the difficulty high for future iterations, which will weed out the majority of the scrubs who would ruin PvP.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:59 am

This is just my oppinion, but one first (big) step would be removing this really really really really ridiculous backstab mechanic, specifically I hate the animation you're caught in when you get backstabbed, looks even more ridiculous when backstabbed with a great axe for example, your character just freezes while your opponent just loosly swings his axe into his back... Yeah, just let me cry please, it really makes me cry 😢
    cobrasno1
    cobrasno1

Post by cobrasno1 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:16 pm

BLA1NE wrote:I only ever start new playthroughs now when I want to create new builds, so I don't even bother going human until my build is complete. I don't mind playing solo, I guess!

It's strange, though. I invade a ton in Sen's, but once in a while I'll throw down my summon sign. And lately, I've actually never been invaded while helping a host. It's like I'm the only person invading in Sen's anymore!

Where is it you're getting invaded continuously? The Burg? I imagine it's because a lot of [unscrupulous characters] like to go there to pick on noobs...

Yeah, This keeps happening to me. I'm a noobie and still around the parish area. Everytime I try going human so I can summons some help, I get invaded by guys within minutes and killed easily. I can't even get to where I want to go. These guys take the fun out of the game for me. I'm getting so frustrated that I don't even want to play anymore. It would be one thing if they were fair fights but I don't even have a chance. I'm dead as soon as they touch me most of the time. I just want to play the game for crying out loud.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:22 pm

^Yeah, I really don't see how they can have fun doing that, and it really makes me angry that they're ruining the game for people like you. Dark Souls is an incredible game, it's incredibly unfortunate that a part of its playerbase is so rotten and ruining the experience for others who want to try it out.

But hey, you know what, just play hollow or offline. The game, especially on your first playthrough, is so much more suspenseful if you don't know what's around the corner and no one else has your back! Assuming you don't look up any walkthroughs, it wouldn't be a bad thing for you to play offline anyways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am