Sunlight spear question

    Share

    donut

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-21

    Sunlight spear question

    Post by donut on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 pm

    Hi everybody im having trouble getting the sunlight spear. Im sl 105 on ng+ i have 50 faith and im +1 in the sunlight covenant. But when i go pray at the alter it will not give me the option to offer Gywns soul. Anyone know why this might be?

    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 427
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Canada

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by PPG-3- on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 pm

    i think it's rank 2.
    avatar
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 222
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 41
    Location : Greece

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by Robotech on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:16 pm

    hmm... are you sure you still have gwyn's soul? i mean did you accidentally use it or something?
    this sounds strange

    donut

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-21

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by donut on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 pm

    Yep i got the soul and i dont think you have to be levl 2. The thing is i did do the bb glitch to get the items i need. Could that have messed somthin up?
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by aceluby on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:29 pm

    donut wrote:Yep i got the soul and i dont think you have to be levl 2. The thing is i did do the bb glitch to get the items i need. Could that have messed somthin up?

    If you already got the miracle on the character you glitched from you can't get it again. This goes for all covenant specific items.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 222
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 41
    Location : Greece

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by Robotech on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:30 pm

    perhaps..

    donut

    Posts : 4
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-21

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by donut on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:41 pm

    Ok that makes sense. Looks like ill just stay away from that bb glitch then. Thanks fo the help
    avatar
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 279
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Philly

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by djgq42 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:32 pm

    donut wrote:Ok that makes sense. Looks like ill just stay away from that bb glitch then. Thanks fo the help

    have you tried abandoning the covenant through Oswald and then rejoining? i had the same issue when trying to get the great lightning spear miracle.
    avatar
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

    Posts : 1722
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : IL

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by Whknight on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:38 pm

    djgq42 wrote:
    donut wrote:Ok that makes sense. Looks like ill just stay away from that bb glitch then. Thanks fo the help

    have you tried abandoning the covenant through Oswald and then rejoining? i had the same issue when trying to get the great lightning spear miracle.

    That doesn't work, if you have gotten a covenant reward it is forever flagged that you have had it. BB glitch copies those flags so there is nothing you can do to fix it aside not doing it. Glitching is bad mkay.


    _________________



    I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

    XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

    Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

    avatar
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 279
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Philly

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by djgq42 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:01 pm

    Whknight wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:
    donut wrote:Ok that makes sense. Looks like ill just stay away from that bb glitch then. Thanks fo the help

    have you tried abandoning the covenant through Oswald and then rejoining? i had the same issue when trying to get the great lightning spear miracle.

    That doesn't work, if you have gotten a covenant reward it is forever flagged that you have had it. BB glitch copies those flags so there is nothing you can do to fix it aside not doing it. Glitching is bad mkay.

    it actually worked for me
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by aceluby on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:04 pm

    djgq42 wrote:
    it actually worked for me

    On a BB glitch char?


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 279
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Philly

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by djgq42 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:06 pm

    aceluby wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:
    it actually worked for me

    On a BB glitch char?

    i know how you feel about the glitch but yes. i actually got the idea from an earlier post.
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by aceluby on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:12 pm

    djgq42 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:
    it actually worked for me

    On a BB glitch char?

    i know how you feel about the glitch but yes. i actually got the idea from an earlier post.

    Hmm... this makes me wonder if you can get two of some of the covenant spells (looking at you DMB) if you do this. Should be the same code.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 279
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Philly

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by djgq42 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:18 pm

    aceluby wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:
    it actually worked for me

    On a BB glitch char?

    i know how you feel about the glitch but yes. i actually got the idea from an earlier post.





    Hmm... this makes me wonder if you can get two of some of the covenant spells (looking at you DMB) if you do this. Should be the same code.

    completely igonre my posts! i didn't read carefully enough and now see that the op is referring to ng+.:oops:


    Last edited by djgq42 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by aceluby on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:24 pm

    djgq42 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:

    Hmm... this makes me wonder if you can get two of some of the covenant spells (looking at you DMB) if you do this. Should be the same code.

    i don't see how as spells don't carry over

    What do you mean they don't carry over? I'm talking about NG+ or even trying to get more than one in a single playthrough. I'll try it out tonight.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 279
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Philly

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by djgq42 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:25 pm

    aceluby wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:

    Hmm... this makes me wonder if you can get two of some of the covenant spells (looking at you DMB) if you do this. Should be the same code.

    i don't see how as spells don't carry over

    What do you mean they don't carry over? I'm talking about NG+ or even trying to get more than one in a single playthrough. I'll try it out tonight.

    please see my retraction above :|

    Sponsored content

    Re: Sunlight spear question

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:30 am