One derp, one discovery

Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

One derp, one discovery

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 pm

After about 500+ hours on this game i've only just realized that oswald isn't floating!?!? I always thought he was blessed by velka and had powers and such. For this reason i never attacked him for fear of him flying around and punishing me for my sins.

Thats a pretty big derp on my part haha silly

Today i also discovered that dusk moves her sign around. I was always used to seeing her sign right infront of the rock before the lake and was really surprised when i saw it in the water.

Just 2 things i'd thought i'd share. lol!
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: One derp, one discovery

Post by Imarreteet23 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Just literally laughed out loud about oswald flying around and beating the crap out of you. lol!

Stay nerdy, my friends.

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:31 pm

He might as well. He's a fairly tough hombre first time you face him with that rapier and its unique move set.
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 pm

I never attacked him, dunno why. In my next playthrough, before going NG+ I will attack him to see what he does. Prob wear velkas rapier in right hand and velkas talisman in left hand

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm

I guess you could call it a derp, but after *I honestly have no idea how long I've played but it's at least multiple hundreds of hours*, I only just now realized that you can open the shortcut to Lost Izalith from the other side (the side with Solaire and the titanite Demon) regardless of your covenant or rank. All that time wasted farming Demon titanite and Red Chunks/Slabs :|

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Reaperfan wrote:I guess you could call it a derp, but after *I honestly have no idea how long I've played but it's at least multiple hundreds of hours*, I only just now realized that you can open the shortcut to Lost Izalith from the other side (the side with Solaire and the titanite Demon) regardless of your covenant or rank. All that time wasted farming Demon titanite and Red Chunks/Slabs :|

I know nothing about this game..
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:49 pm

You can?? I didn't know that. How do you do that?

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:05 pm

reim0027 wrote:You can?? I didn't know that. How do you do that?

Just approach it while it's closed from the Lost Izalith side instead of the Demon Ruins side and you'll get an option to open it that won't result in a "locked by some contraption" message. At the time I did it I was in Way of White, so I doubt rank or covenant matters, though it could use more people to confirm if it's legitimately "anything goes" or not.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:You can?? I didn't know that. How do you do that?

Just approach it while it's closed from the Lost Izalith side instead of the Demon Ruins side and you'll get an option to open it that won't result in a "locked by some contraption" message. At the time I did it I was in Way of White, so I doubt rank or covenant matters, though it could use more people to confirm if it's legitimately "anything goes" or not.
    I could have sworn I did that. Look Skyward

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Ahh...I think I may have just gotten people's hopes up a bit much with this, since something I've just thought of might have been an issue in getting it to work. It happened on my Gwyn build that I had done something special with a box that has no limit to what it can carry so as to acquire certain gear for role-playing purposes sooner than most players could recieve it, so maybe the something special interfered with the memories of what covenants the character had belonged to or not and allowed it to work

(really trying to avoid mod wrath by not saying specifics here...)

BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:48 am

Reaper, I opened the shortcut from the lost izalith side with my first character. No chaos covenant, no glitch, so yes it definitely works.

PSN - BackwardsBaboon

Sanity Is Overrated!
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:51 am

I can also confirm it works as long as you do it from the other side. Really I just read to much, given enough time I can literally become a living wiki....

I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:17 am

Weird I always assume doors can be opened from the other side in this game always well minus the crest shortcut at forest.

FC for life!!!
    befowler

Post by befowler on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:33 am

I've only ever gotten it to open from the bridge/titanite demon side. Even with Chaos +2 I don't know how to open it from the kirk corpse side, heh.

Another door you can't open from the back is the door from the Depths into blighttown. You can climb all the way up from the bottom of blighttown, and then I think it gives you a message saying it can't be opened from this side.

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Does this mean that if I opened the door from the Izalith side in my first playthrough, it will be open in my second. I hope so.
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:11 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Does this mean that if I opened the door from the Izalith side in my first playthrough, it will be open in my second. I hope so.

Nope, it resets.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Only time I attack Oswald is on my speed run. Otherwise, he's much too valuable an NPC. His ability to de-agro other NPCs is invaluable.

Reaperfan wrote:I guess you could call it a derp, but after *I honestly have no idea how long I've played but it's at least multiple hundreds of hours*, I only just now realized that you can open the shortcut to Lost Izalith from the other side (the side with Solaire and the titanite Demon) regardless of your covenant or rank. All that time wasted farming Demon titanite and Red Chunks/Slabs :|

WHAT?? I didn't know that! Rep for you!

Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:23 pm

So uh... should I open a service were I answer peoples random questions? One of the main reasons I post, aside ranting about video games now and then.

I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Whknight wrote:So uh... should I open a service were I answer peoples random questions? One of the main reasons I post, aside ranting about video games now and then.

Since Siarii is still nowhere to be found, I feel this forum needs someone to start another one of those. I say go ahead happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 am