Drake Hunting

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Re: Drake Hunting

Post by Tolvo on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:56 am

I stayed on the bridge and fought him with my bow.
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:58 am

So, *hit hit* *Roll to stairs* ?

SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 am

I had a lot of trouble with the Hellkite in newgame+. It's useless trying to melee him, you've no chance. I killed him solo by using this method. Run forward from the end of the bridge where you first meet Solaire to make him fly down. I used the Dragonslayer bow for this but later switched to my composite bow because I had more arrows. The trick is to stop him from flying back up to his perch and healing himself, so you have to keep his attention. Everytime he turns his back on you, shoot him. He'll turn round and start stomping towards you. Keep him interested by shooting him a few times. You have to careful at this point because he'll flame you if he gets the chance, so run back down the steps until he's done. He'll turn round and prepare to fly back up, so you have to be quick. Run back as quick as you can and shoot him before he takes off. He'll turn round again, rinse and repeat til he's dead.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:00 am

Yarxov wrote:How are you all killing him with Bows? Hitting him from below the bridge like a pansy? Can you snipe him from the Black Knight tower? He's out of range if you go to Solaire (Loc #1), from the Sunlight Altar?

Heh, you made my day.

VIcious72

Post by VIcious72 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:50 am

Uggh. I thought I was the only one with a problem with Hellkite. I killed him in the first playthrough with a butt load of arrows. I'm on NG now, and I can't kill the bastard. Bows, melee, spells?

Yeah, he just laughs them off and does that pillar of fire, or 'roasts my ***' as I like to call it.

I currently am taking the 'if I don't think about him he's not there' Zen approach.
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:15 pm

VIcious72 wrote:I currently am taking the 'if I don't think about him he's not there' Zen approach.
    On one of my test characters he really isn't there. I haven't broken the first fog in the burg, took the long way around valley of drakes and darkroot with master key. I never triggered his first appearance, so he won't show up on the bridge.
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:54 pm

How did you kill him then Yarxov? Did you melee him?
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:46 pm

I never pulled it off lol. Didn't want to waste a bijillion arrows using the pansy way, all my characters have low Vit so melee isn't an option. That's why I asked

SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:16 am

Yarxov. Using a bow isn't the pansy way, it's the intelligent way. The great thing about Dark Souls is that it's a game that caters for all combat strategies and all types of player. You can use brains or brawn or a combination of both, which is the way I play because I find it satisfying to think my way round a difficult situation instead of just bashing away, although I do that too if the situation demands it.
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:30 pm

What arrows should I use to kill this dude, from where should I shoot him and does he drop a dragon scale when he dies?

In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:58 pm

I used the Dragon Slayer Great Bow+5 and Dragon Slayer Arrows that you can get from the Blacksmith in Anor Londo, although they're pricey, so I switched to my Composite Bow+14 and standard arrows and whittled his health down that way. The trick is to keep him on the bridge so he doesn't fly up and heal on the archway and be ready to run back to where you met Solaire for the first time if he starts a flame run. To be honest, I can't remember whether he dropped a dragon scale or not.

As I said in my earlier post, I attacked from the end of the bridge that you get to after beating the Taurus Demon.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:06 pm

i think he killed my sunbro this time around... i can't find solaire anywhere (sign or actual body...,) and i saw the hellkite flame pillar the area where he first shows up... checked there, but no items... maybe he died earlier and i quit and lost his stuff... (haven't killed taurus but hes showed up before when i've skipped the taurus...)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:35 am