Double Rings of light

hoeshack

Double Rings of light

Post by hoeshack on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 pm

In the Catacombs slightly before you fight Pinwheel, there are two white rings of light. What (if anything) are thes for? Just curious. Don't want to miss anything.
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Double Rings of light

Post by Robotech on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:15 pm

they are indications of synergy points...
    meaning your miracles have a stronger effect when used on this particular spot. there is also a ring that boosts synergy effect

Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:18 pm

hoeshack, give robo some rep for that answer.

To complete his post though, the effect is called "Miracle Resonance". It happens as well as those by miracles being used by other players resonating through the server and causing these miracle specific rings to appear.

Call me cynical but the vast majority of player caused ones will undoubtedly be Wrath of the Gods rings silly

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:46 pm

I saw the ones in the Catacombs, but I never saw the ones caused by other players.
    I mean, I should be seeing TONS of them in the forest but it never happened and I alwyas play online.
    Are the Catacombs the only place with in-game resonances or did I miss the others? Isn't it a bit weird if they're the only ones?
    Also, they're at an unusual place, not very useful imo...
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Rynoa wrote:... but I never saw the ones caused by other players...

me neither
    it is a mystery to me why they would make a ring for synergy and at the same time never see a single synergy ring, other than that one in catacombs :?:
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:59 pm

I have seen them a few times, but i havent for a while, I think because the number of players has diminished (and noone likes the princess guard) the number of resonance rings has decreased.

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:45 pm

There was a thread awhile back about these rings. Myself and another poster (PPG-3- I believe) I think saw them and a bunch of other people had no idea what we were talking about. They knew what resonance rings were but had never seen these two to be specific. It's weird that not everyone has seen these two. I have never seen other rings besides these ones. I believe From may have wanted to give offline players the "full" experience, much like they did with invading wraiths, Darkmoons by the stairs out of the Princess chamber, forest hunters in the forest, etc.

random halo/circles thread

I did some testing on these two specific rings with several spells and these ones resonate with a variety of spells. I tested four....heal, replenishment and emit force resonated while sunlight blade did not. I believe they will resonate with any miracle prone to such a thing. Here's the original thread, page three, I took some video

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add link I promised)

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:58 pm

I've seen them in a few places. Off the top of my head:

*In the catacombs, in the small hallway by the fifth necromancer with the two archer skeletons. Two rings, one for Emit Force and one for Wrath of the Gods.
    *In Ornstein and Smough's battle chamber there was a ring for Heal.
    *On the tree root heading down to the shortcut to Lost Izalith and the Sunlight Maggots, there was a ring for Great Heal.
    *In the Iron Golem's battle arena, there was a ring for Great Lightning Spear.

It's definitely inconsistent because it's limited to the area the original caster used it and onlyt appears in a certain number of worlds based on player connections, and because of all this it's also probably why the Princess Guard is so unpopular (because they rely on these as their main strength).

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Skarekrow did the testing and made sure I wasn't crazy. Some people have said they have't seen the ones in the catacomb which is strange. And I agree with above theory that From put them there so offline ppl still get the full experience. Plus, Rhea must have travelled through the catacombs to get to ToG so it makes sense to leave a little trail for the player.

But the main questions that stagger me until now is: Why there? And why two?

I have not encountered any resonance rings outside of the two in the catacombs. Would be nice to see more.
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:05 pm

PPG, those questions i think would be better directed at Cook silly

but yeah, i'd like a few, but if people aint playing then that cant be helped lol, though it's not like i wanna see resonance of WoG everywhere it gets used :|

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:18 pm

PPG-3- wrote:Skarekrow did the testing and made sure I wasn't crazy. Some people have said they have't seen the ones in the catacomb which is strange. And I agree with above theory that From put them there so offline ppl still get the full experience. Plus, Rhea must have travelled through the catacombs to get to ToG so it makes sense to leave a little trail for the player.

But the main questions that stagger me until now is: Why there? And why two?

I have not encountered any resonance rings outside of the two in the catacombs. Would be nice to see more.

regarding the specific place, one thought is that since it is a narrow passage you can not miss them, whereas if they were in the middle of the area with the wheel skeletons for example you might also never see them if you where not looking.

PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:23 pm

@Serious

You don't have to be in the Princess Guard covenant to creat resonance rings right?

And there are TONS of poeple playing and casting mircales constantly. Especially in the Kilin, in that one area. there should be TONS. What gives?
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:05 pm

That's not a bad thought about the narrowness and all but these two are always there and always in the same spot and there are always two. Plus, they both resonate with at least three different miracles (see above)

Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:49 pm

PPG-3- wrote:And there are TONS of poeple playing and casting mircales constantly. Especially in the Kiln, in that one area. there should be TONS. What gives?

There's probably a limiter on it in the system so as to not make them abused by the players. FROM most likely figured that somewhere was going to be centered on as an "official" PvP spot because they'd seen the same thing happen with 4-1 in Demon's Souls, they just didn't know where the playerbase would gravitate towards. Obviously having 30 resonance rings on the stone platform at the start of the Kiln would unbalance the PvP there towards Faith users. Unless a dedicated Princess Guard or someone who has extensively used the Seek Guidance miracle can come and bring some light as to how those improve the resonance feature, I feel they should be taken in the same light as Vagrants, because based on testaments of players in this thread, it seems like the resonance rings act somewhat like Vagrants, in that they are extremely localized and pretty rare to see outside of the preprogrammed ones to simulate online play for offline players.

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:41 pm