Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ErrJon6661
6 posters

Just a thought.

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Just a thought. Empty Just a thought.

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:24 am

Looking to spark some friendly debate here.

I know a lot of people feel that backstabs are unfair due two two things, lag and high damage.

What about lightnin avelyn. I see this weapon a lot, with lag you can dodge the hit and still get hit, plus if all three arrows hit you you're taking around 1000 damage. The same with most weapons backstabs.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Just a thought. Empty Re: Just a thought.

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:45 am

its so easy to punish tho... all the backstab punishments require practice for the ave just dodge and run around behind for an easy bs... or slash or whatever cause it leaves them wide open... makes me wonder why more people don't use the heavy crossbow...
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:02 am

CSS also scales pretty good with lag I think...
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:25 am

I haven't hit anyone with a CSS in over 50 fights and when I do it's only when they flask. Avelyn is super easy to dodge unless your opponent has his back turned and is running away, ive never seen it do 1000 damage either.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:18 am

1000 damage? the most ive seen do is 600 in low sl, sl 120 it does less than 300 because of the resists, i usually use a +15 heavy crossbow.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 am

I disagree that it's just the same. You can be cheap with BS and just poise tank or roll BS and it's not really a fight.

To me using avelyn is the same as magic, it's risk/reward. You can use them but it is easily punishable if you get it wrong, whereas the most you get from a failed BS attempt is someone doing zero damage and you lying on the floor for a bit..

To me, the lag makes things worse for a BS because it means in the time gap someone can just slip behind you and BS without you being able to counter it. However due to the beginning animations of avelyn/magic you can easily see it and dodge/block quickly.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:29 am

I agree with Serious.

But, regarding CSS, I've been hit by it very often when I saw it flying past me about 5 virtual metres to my side or so Just a thought. 3358384175 So... I don't have that much time to react, I always have to roll already as my opponent starts casting the spell. Generally it's like that for every range spells and weapons for me actually... of course...

I found out rather lately that I could roll under some spells too. :o Can you also roll under arrows btw? Of the Avelin? I never tried that...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 pm

when i've tried to roll under arrows or bolts one of them always ends up head shotting me cause my roll places my head at the target cursors level...
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:02 pm

I've experienced getting hit by laggy css before, but was flamed for bringing it up in a thread. So I just left it out.

As far as the damage goes, I saw a guy in a video get hit by two of the arrows for around 700 damage, leading me to believe each one did around 350 damage. Meaning if the third had hit it would have been around 1050. Using the damage calculator avelyn with lightning bolts will do 389 damage per hit.

As far as backstabs go the techniques to punish them are much harder than punishing bow or magic users granted that you are close enough to do so before they end their animation. With lag at play you can succesfully dodge and/or punish a crossbow firing or a spell casting but still get hit with the spell while the other player takes no damage. I have experienced this before.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am