"Good Ole Days"

Poll

Would you bring back the "good ole days" of Dark Souls?

[ 17 ]
    85% [85%] 
    [ 3 ]
    15% [15%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

"Good Ole Days"

Post by Unforseen on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 am

Some friends and I are going to use gear that is only accessible in that area to fend out griefers and also pvp in it. It will be hard at first but it would also be an attempt to change things up and hopefully cause at least some of the other people who like helping to not use such powered up equipment....Anyone with me or am i just going hollow?
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Re: "Good Ole Days"

Post by Serious_Much on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:42 am

I would love to see noob invasions return to dark souls.

Duking it out in starter gear, not really knowing what's going on, shield up too afraid to strike first, not knowing what a 'backstab' is much less how to go about doing one. Good Times.

However sadly how ever much I'd love to see it, you're fighting in vain in my opinion. if you invade regular guys it would be awesome, but i have a feeling that it's gonna end up with you just getting killed over and over by glitchers and modders (you're on xbox right?)

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:46 am

I rarely get modders but as for the fighting, i am pretty decent when it comes to pvp, i win alot of my fights. I would just be using normal gear for that level and only upgrade it with what i can while in that part of the game. I have done it before and actually killed a good bit of people so i am not worried about that. The only problem would be getting other people to join me in this.
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:05 am

I think another issue is it's just a sort of anti griefing, it's not bringing back to good old days of noob invasions sadly just another thing to try to deter griefing.

those guys are such douches

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:38 am

Well it wouldn't really be noob invasions, figuring the player using the gear and the build he set up for the gear. It would show the griefers that despite them having such powered up gear that they can lose to people who just merely use gear accessible at that level and point in the game.
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:17 pm

I am doing something similar in the burg and parish, I'm not invading but I'm getting summoned and help people using my standard gear. I think being helped by someone experienced it's already a big help in boss fights, plus they can have fun instead of having someone coming and killing the Gargoyles in 1 shot.
    I also like to run human in undead parish and summon "standard-geared" phantoms to help me when I'm invaded. Sure we often lose to glitched or high level DWs, but it's SO rewarding when we win against them happy
    There ARE new people playing DS, I like to give them a fun experience in their first playthrough. After all, without tough bosses and without dying a lot it wouldn't be Dark Souls. lol!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:20 pm

question, at the start of the game i'm capable of running into the catacombs and making a base level fire weapon, does that count for the above stated criteria or... should i just stick to +0 to 5 weapons? and if so what if i chose a master key and went to blight town and got some of the weapons there? (large club, great club, server, pickaxe, butcher knife, poison mist spell, iaito, whip, eagle shield etc) or is that stuff to op even if i can obtain it at the start?

Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 pm

My new character uses a Chaos Warpick +4, thief armor and hornets Ring, float like a butterfly sting like a Scorpion.

Last edited by Yarxov on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:55 pm

bump
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:54 pm

By the OP, does this mean would we like to invade using Pre-Anor Londo armor?

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:35 am

did dark souls have "good ole days" my first invasion was a havel wearing griefer if i remember correctly and so were all subsequent invasions in the parish, this was at most a week after the game came out. if any thing the good ole days were the demons souls days

Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 am

I miss the days where I thought I was being real intuitive figuring out that Giant's Armor gave really great stats for it's weight and didn't feel bad about using it, and I thought the Black Knight Halberd was the bee's knees. Mostly what I miss though is PvE being a challenge. It's by no means gotten much easier, I've just played the game so long that I know too much and nothing is a big deal anymore (except successfully getting Seigmeyer through the Lost Izalith part of his questline, I swear half the time he decides to die after the fight regardless of his health instead of resting so I can move on to get his slab :|)

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:18 pm

lol im by yr side friend its a shame yr on xbox for i have been fighting the blight of grifers for some time now but on psn

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 pm