Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Midgar
Carphil
Serious_Much
alchemydesign
exandroide
Tolvo
Yukon
Yarxov
callipygias
Darkstar485
ErrJon6661
15 posters

Gestures and their multiple meanings.

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Gestures and their multiple meanings.  Empty Gestures and their multiple meanings.

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:12 pm

I'd like to add a section about this in the new player help page.

I know the basics about the different gestures like the "well what is it" is the troll face and such, but I'd like to get others input on this subject. So have at it guys!
    Darkstar485
    Darkstar485
    Casual
    Casual

Gestures and their multiple meanings.  Empty Re: Gestures and their multiple meanings.

Post by Darkstar485 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Idk what it means for others, but if I'm cooping ill shrug or pray before I walk through the fog to a boss fight.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Gestures and their multiple meanings.  Empty Re: Gestures and their multiple meanings.

Post by callipygias Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:51 pm

I get the pray one, but what does the shrug mean in that case?
    Darkstar485
    Darkstar485
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Darkstar485 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Well I save that one for o&s but kinda like, "well, here we go" Gestures and their multiple meanings.  3358384175
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:16 pm

If I see a phantom "Well-what is it" I do it back to him like a hug. :3

Prostration can be seen as a "Sorry" or a mock or a "Mercy" I was trying to set up a duel with SATLOS and kep getting invaded, I would switch to empty slots and do that as a "Mercy" thing, if they didn't listen and back out I'd kill them and do it on their corpse as a way to say "You asked for it".
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:03 pm

I also use the "well what is this" in co-op as a hug, nothing colder than not getting a hug back.

I also shrug after boss fights like taurus and gargoyles, just like a eh, what a pushover.

The others seem mostly self explanitory, wave when you get double summoned, jump for joy when you want to be an idiot and fall off cliffs.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Idea:
    3(or 2?) Summoned Reds,
    one scheduled invader
    2 phantoms
    one host

All line up at a cliff, and Jump for joy in sync!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:00 am

Shrug is often used as a taunt by people in PvP, so that's one to note. As well I personally use Prostrate when I find myself a really great fight. If you and I just fought for three minutes straight trading blows, you got a riposte on me and me one on you, no cheap tactics, and I managed to just barely kill you I'm now going to bow. I'm going to fall to my knees, punch my fists into the ground, and bow my head as a sign of gratitude that I both survive, and got to enjoy such a fight.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:18 am

"well what is it" is perfect for co-oping 4 Kings when you're waiting for the jerks to spawn
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:19 am

I've never seen shrug used for anything other than a Taunt, its too long for asking for estus.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:20 am

Hm, I like to point up as a boss is running at me...kinda like Babe Ruth used to point to indicate he was gonna hit a home run. And sometimes point down as in Youre Going Down. may be lame but oh well lol
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:24 am

Whenever I get two invaders I like to run between them and point forward.. Point Forward FIGHT! Then I run screaming when they both start chasing me with lightening claymores and wog.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:00 pm

I also use Point a lot as a Forest Hunter. There are two main ones I use, Down and Forward. Forward I use to point at another hunter if they invade a duellist. I point at them like, "You go first. I'll wait." I use down for the same reason, "You stay here, I want to go first." Rarely I use down though, because often they'll just try to gank the duellist and I have to back off.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Whenever i fight Seath the first time i unequip everything and "Well what is it" and wait for an OHK.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:23 pm

There are times when I wish the game had a sit down gesture. While waiting for hosts to summon the 3rd player.

Wouldn't it be nice to recline like that hollow in new londo near the vinhelm blacksmith? Ahhh, yeah. Grossly incandescent.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:25 pm

It is a good thing we can't, I would just wear a pig helmet and make the character completely obese, host FC naked and sit there watching the fights like that to mess with the fighters. I would also drop prism stones behind me. Yukon that is the single most broken thing that could be put into Dark Souls. silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:26 pm

I use the item use anger emote for needing estus

also i just randomly do it in the middle of a level, just for **** and gigs
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Tolvo wrote:It is a good thing we can't, I would just wear a pig helmet and make the character completely obese, host FC naked and sit there watching the fights like that to mess with the fighters. I would also drop prism stones behind me. Yukon that is the single most broken thing that could be put into Dark Souls. silly

I'll have my seeing glass ready for just such an occasion you can be sure tolvo :cyclops:
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Yukon is right though, a recline gesture would be great. I'd invade someone and do it right before the boss.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I use the item use anger emote for needing estus

also i just randomly do it in the middle of a level, just for **** and gigs

Good old Co Ops heh?

I aways bow when meeting phantoms, then do "Joy" sometimes.

And after beating a boss, I try to bow before the phantoms are gone
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:10 pm

I use the look skyward one as a *facepalm*, that's how it always looked to me anyway.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:12 pm

That was actually a real disappointment for me when I found out what look skyward actually was. I thought it would be like you craning your neck up to gaze upon massive bosses, but no. I just shake my head. Such a frustrating gesture.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:41 pm

I really like the gesture when you try to use an unavailable item in co-op. Usually something along the lines of 'what the hell dude?'.

I'm also a fan of tebowing before and after a fight instead of bowing. If someone uses cheap tactics and still dies I'll give them the facepalm, point down, or shrug. I try to never use the 'well what is it' unless I win a 3v1 against gankers.
    DustyMonolith

Post by DustyMonolith Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:47 am

I always use the 'Point Up' gesture at the beginning of an honorable duel.

Bowing is super dorky to me (though I do appreciate the gesture when someone does it to me), and the 'Point Up' gesture looks like a salute more than anything when you have a weapon equipped, so to me it looks a little more 'manly' and just as respectful.

Not everyone agrees of course, I get plenty of face palms in return.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 am

I use the shrug one when we get killed by O&S or the 4 Kings and I am summoned back... To me is like saying: "What happened???" ... lol.. kind of funny and friendly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:08 am