Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Scudman_Slayer
JohnnyHarpoon
BARZOHD-
Cloudrunner
Guntles_5
elvishlunatic
BoilerFan8472
Emergence
Yarxov
Carphil
Sav_Alc
Nitos-Apprentice
16 posters

False King

Nitos-Apprentice
    Nitos-Apprentice
    Casual
    Casual

False King Empty False King

Post by Nitos-Apprentice Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:09 am

Alright I was doing really good in Demon's Souls. I have a +2 Sharp Uchigatana and a +3 Fatal Dagger. Killed Flamelurker and Dragon God and even Penetrator on the first shot but then I got to Fake King and he DESTROYED me. I was doing good dodging his attacks and stuff but not only was I doing little damage to him when he did land one combo it took 3/4 my health. Any tips for this boss besides cheap poison cloud/archer strategies? I don't know why you would waste your time playing this game if you just plan on killing the bosses with poison cloud.
    Sav_Alc

False King Empty Re: False King

Post by Sav_Alc Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Wut sl are u
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Light armor, I recomend a weapon like rapier or spear that you can attack and defend with the shield at the same time. Magic barrier (forgot the demons souls name) Is also good to block his magic attacks
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:46 pm

I think your +2 sharp uchi is a bit low, I got a +10 uchi by the time I was in 4-4, but the key for Allant is just roll alot, if he can't hit you he can't kill you, plus the uchi is fast so it should work out.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Keep the pressure on him, you really have to stay on the offensive. When you run low on stamina, roll out and give yourself ample space with your shield up. When he starts charging that AoE, charge him and let him have it. That'll interrupt the spell, and do some good damage as a result.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:59 pm

only hit him when he stops. DONT OVER COMMIT!!! go for only one hit maybe two if your feeling lucky. going for 3 you're just asking to get killed.

When he does is explosion attack charge up to him and wail on him then wail on him some more until he gets up(ignore 2 hit limit on this part)
    elvishlunatic
    elvishlunatic

Post by elvishlunatic Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:40 am

If you don't already have it, the Dark Silver Shield is extremely useful in this fight, same with the Eternal Warrior's Ring. Also, you might want to upgrade your weapon a bit more. A little extra damage is will make the fight much easier. Summoning someone to help is another great way to kill him quickly.

Patience is the name of the game; only strike when he gives you an opening. When he's charging up his uber-attack, sprint right up to him and start hitting him until he stops.
    Guntles_5
    Guntles_5

Post by Guntles_5 Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:02 am

Just dodge a lot - I find his attacks very easy to dodge (defeated him without shied on my first run). You just have to learn his pattern and be careful with his AoE. But as said before, you do want to upgrade your weapon ;D.
    Cloudrunner
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cloudrunner Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:35 pm

If you want to play defensively, try and stay mid-range of him. When he lunges, wait until he's close and then roll out of it. Get a couple of hits and then roll away, retreating to mid range. Staying at this range will often coax him into a lunging attack the lets you get a few free hits on him while also keeping you at a safe distance to dodge his combo. Be very careful if you want to cast spells; typically after dodging the lunge is a good time to cast.
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm

The final boss for demon souls was just soooooooooooooooooooo hard.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Summon a friend!
    BARZOHD-
    BARZOHD-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BARZOHD- Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:35 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Summon a friend!

It was a joke lol
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:48 am

just...eave his grab

do what you will just DONT get grabed or you'll lose a lvl (no joke)

and if oyu see him charging like sticking his sword on the round and charging you have two options

1- RUN

2- attack and stagger him

if oyu don't do any of the above you'll get hit by a MASSIVE shockwave that will probably take out 3/4 of your HP if it doesn't one-shot you instantly

try to stagger him as much as oyu can and get 3 hit combos off and repeat it
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:52 am

Scudman_Slayer wrote:just...eave his grab

do what you will just DONT get grabed or you'll lose a lvl (no joke)

This really happened to me! I lost apppr. 4 or 5 sl during one fight and died just before finishing him! During my first encounter I didn't learn how to prevent this grabbing attack! Terrible! Now I have to wander around and get my sl back! I really look forward to my second match with lot of worry.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Nitos-Apprentice wrote:Any tips for this boss besides cheap poison cloud/archer strategies? I don't know why you would waste your time playing this game if you just plan on killing the bosses with poison cloud.

1. get DBS from 2-3
    2. upgrade full
    3. get curse weapon
    4. 2h and smash him

better? or also too cheap? ;-)
    yajnaji
    yajnaji

Post by yajnaji Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:24 pm

DBS+5/CW
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Is this...a level 5 zombie thread?

Well, whatever, I'm sure you've beat him already so this is for anyone with trouble:

There are many ways to go about it, but there is one general rule you should be aware of: Don't be the one on the offensive. If you do, you will die. The key to False King is remaining defensive and baiting his moves. Seriously, if you try to pull out the offense you are going to get obliterated faster than you can read this sentence.

The False King's moveset is overpowered, for it is both fast and strong, which owes him the tittle of "True Final Boss" by many. All of his moves are accompanied by a shockwave magic, so never dodge backwards or you'll take big "chip" damage, if only because you did at least save yourself a lot of pain.

Remain at the edge of his reach, never even dare pushing your luck. He will use his 3-hit combo which will murder you. He also has a vertical "dash" attack that he uses if you hang around the edge of his reach. It has no start-up and happens fast and it still hurts.

"What are you trying to say? That I can't fight him in a sword fight?"
    No. It is just incredibly dangerous and incredibly difficult to execute...and it has very small room for error.

So that leaves, Long-Range? Indeed. False King's moveset is rather dumb at long-range. He will either send a magical wave at you (easily dodged and weak) or do a dash attack, which is easily punishable. On another occasion, he may unleash his ultimate shockwave attack, which has a pretty large start-up. If he does do it you can either run really far or just attack him once to cancel it, although be aware you be immediately in danger.

Seeing as False King carries a powerful moveset and you will need to remain defensive, the shield&spear is the top weapon for this fight. In reality, poking is bad, but it would be good to still have it. Bait all of Allant's close range attacks and strike out with an R2 for a long reaching move. Do not try to punish his forward step "dash" attack as that bastard has some insane recovery on that that he could infinitely chain it if he so pleases!

Tl;Dr: Spear, bait 3 hit combo, "Dash" attack or explosion and retaliate; usually, with an R2 at the peak of your range.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm