Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Share
    avatar
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 133
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Location : England

    Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by peaceful_sabre on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:06 pm

    I feel lightening is usually the better option but i think fire is being used more often. fire does look alot more cooler but which is better over all? that is what is ask
    avatar
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Maneater_Mildred on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:09 pm

    Chaos.

    Just my opinion, may not be fact.


    _________________
    01010111 01010100 01000110:
    01000001 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100100 01100100 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101000 01100001 01100100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 01100100 00100001
    avatar
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 133
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Location : England

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by peaceful_sabre on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:11 pm

    Y do you say that? doesn't choas only affect uptil 10 humanity and even then how much extra damage does it add? is it not still physical damage?


    _________________
    Beckon I will try not to offend others but i ask that you will respect and welcome my 'company' Bow
    avatar
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 59
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 22

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Enigma5991 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:13 pm

    I think that lightning is better overall.
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 29
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:31 pm

    chaos weapons at +5 and with 10humanity do massive dmg the difference in dmg from 0 humanity and 10 humanity can be from 100-150dmg which is very decent(havent done in depth tests so thats an estimate). i think chaos weapons and lightning weapons are on par, and honestly i use lightning a lot but the sound fx gets really annoying so chaos is better in that sense lol.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Reaperfan on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:39 pm

    Lightning is good because it has some of the best overall damages of the elemental weapons, and doesn't require any difficult-to-get embers to make them.

    Fire is good because while it has a bit lower damage than lightning, it can be upgraded very early in comparison to lightning (if you were to somehow have the materials for it you could bumrush down to Vamos right after leaving the Asylum), and upgrades to max rank with a Red Slab, which is in much lower demand than regular slabs and therefore making it less strenuous to gather materials for.

    Chaos has comparable damage to lightning, and beats out fire weapons for damage when you have 10 humanity, and it tends to focus more of its damage into the fire as opposed to physical damages of the weapons making the damage reduction due to split defenses not as significant. It also only takes a Red Slab as opposed to a normal one.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1776
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 48
    Location : Oregon, US

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by callipygias on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:43 pm

    Fire and lightning are great until your stats get high enough to nullify the benefits. Against the engine I've never noticed much of a difference between the two, damage-wise. Fire sure is better against S & O, though!

    *edit* I just realized this is in the PVP section. I'd like to change my vote to LIGHTNING! Simply because there isn't as much defense against it.
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 29
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:51 pm

    i like to have 2 of my favorite normal weapons and make one lightning and one fire/chaos and i keep my inventory to bare minimum so i can switch fast. then it just comes down to your knowledge of and ability to spot certain armor types on the fly and picking whatever one best fits that situation.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:59 pm

    I prefer chaos but thats because i'm a bit of a pyro. The damage difference between them is mostly negligible. otherwise what ^he said


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by lextune on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:32 pm

    Glad someone else can't stand the lightning sound fx. I literally do not use lightning weapons anymore just because of that. And chaos has served me very very well. happy


    _________________
    XBL GT: lextune

    A Bunch of My Builds
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:12 pm

    lextune wrote:Glad someone else can't stand the lightning sound fx. I literally do not use lightning weapons anymore just because of that. And chaos has served me very very well. happy

    If you are killed in PvP you lose all of your Humanity, correct?
    avatar
    Po1ymorph
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 23
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-02-08

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Po1ymorph on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:06 pm

    Chumgeyser wrote:
    lextune wrote:Glad someone else can't stand the lightning sound fx. I literally do not use lightning weapons anymore just because of that. And chaos has served me very very well. happy

    If you are killed in PvP you lose all of your Humanity, correct?

    No. If you have been invaded you simply die, so have to retrieve your souls/humanity from your bloodstain. If you are the invader you are just returned to your world.

    The difference in damage between lighting and fire is generally very slim since the last patch. And some weapons, Washing Pole for example, fire does slightly more damage.

    I tend to favour fire, as it allows you to use your titanite Slabs for use with armour or shields.

    If you are going to go with Chaos, make sure you are a Darkwaith or you are going to run out of Humanity eventually.



    _________________
    You bloody fool
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:48 am

    spend 10 min in the tog farming and you're good. Humanity farms pretty quick.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Glutebrah on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:02 am

    Chaos for PVP.


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:14 pm

    Po1ymorph wrote:
    Chumgeyser wrote:
    lextune wrote:Glad someone else can't stand the lightning sound fx. I literally do not use lightning weapons anymore just because of that. And chaos has served me very very well. happy

    If you are killed in PvP you lose all of your Humanity, correct?

    No. If you have been invaded you simply die, so have to retrieve your souls/humanity from your bloodstain. If you are the invader you are just returned to your world.

    The difference in damage between lighting and fire is generally very slim since the last patch. And some weapons, Washing Pole for example, fire does slightly more damage.

    I tend to favour fire, as it allows you to use your titanite Slabs for use with armour or shields.

    If you are going to go with Chaos, make sure you are a Darkwaith or you are going to run out of Humanity eventually.


    Thanks! Chaos it is for me then.
    avatar
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 605
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-03-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Anor Londo

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by ARSP on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:40 pm

    I prefer chaos weapons because they stack with humanity which I have a lot of which since I have been spending hours waiting and helping players with bosses Lightning is easy to get and upgrade I like fire the least considering it is useless during whole parts of the game. Although so is chaos


    _________________
    :estus: Rookie Researcher :estus:


    Projects Completed
    Spoiler:



    "The outcome of any serious research can only be to make two questions grow where only one grew before"- Thornstein Veblen
    avatar
    Po1ymorph
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 23
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-02-08

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Po1ymorph on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:34 pm

    ARSP wrote:I like fire the least considering it is useless during whole parts of the game. Although so is chaos

    Bot sure what you mean by "useless". I have played through most of NG and NG+ with a fire weapon and never found any area where it could be described as "useless".

    There is the odd mob that has a resistance to fire, but not enough to make a weapon completely ineffective as far as I can remember.


    _________________
    You bloody fool
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:39 pm

    I think he was talking about Izalith, where fire does less damage on certain mobs, and bosses take a lot less damage or are immune to it. But there are also areas where lightning is weakened as well, physical damage and magic too.
    avatar
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 59
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 22

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Enigma5991 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:49 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:spend 10 min in the tog farming and you're good. Humanity farms pretty quick.
    The tog?
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:50 pm

    Tomb of the Giants.
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:55 pm

    Tolvo wrote:I think he was talking about Izalith, where fire does less damage on certain mobs, and bosses take a lot less damage or are immune to it. But there are also areas where lightning is weakened as well, physical damage and magic too.

    Some have said you can't get through NG+ (or greater) with elemental weapons. I posted asking about this on the regular forum (non-PvP) but didn't really get an answer. I resigned myself to the idea that elemental weapons were only good for the first play through and PvP. Is that true or no? Very confused
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:03 pm

    The most possible damage you can get is with non-elemental weapons because of stat scaling and buffs. However it still can be done. I'm close to done with NG++ with just Chaos, however I will say with my high STR character who uses STR scaling weapons I deal a lot more damage.

    But yeah, you can still make it with elemental weapons. I find this to be very useful for casters/faith users.
    avatar
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 133
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Location : England

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by peaceful_sabre on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:16 pm

    Just to put it out there; people i here refer to ToG to farming humanity. i dont like that area simply because of how tedious it was for me to get to it in the first place and still needs i feel alot of tracking.

    What i wanted to say was near the prison in archives are octapus creatures. everytime you kill the group you oftenly get 1 humanity, maybe 2 if your lucky. its right near a bonfire and mucch more save and easy to go to. I.e. my favourite humanity farming spot.


    _________________
    Beckon I will try not to offend others but i ask that you will respect and welcome my 'company' Bow
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Tolvo on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:20 pm

    Peaceful, if you where the Slumbering Dragoncrest ring and use hidden body or ring of Fog you can walk into the center of all those octopi creatures, and cast Fire Tempest, WotG, Gravelord dance, etc. They won't even respond until after they've been hit, they don't see the cast even.
    avatar
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 133
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Location : England

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by peaceful_sabre on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:15 pm

    OMG didn't know that. thx thats gonna help alot both time + efficiency wise happy.

    thumbs up to you Tolvo happy


    _________________
    Beckon I will try not to offend others but i ask that you will respect and welcome my 'company' Bow

    Sponsored content

    Re: Whats better? lightening or fire?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:48 pm