Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
DJ_XHERO
Carphil
DxV04
shadowwarmaan
8 posters

Dragon eye

shadowwarmaan
    shadowwarmaan

Dragon eye Empty Dragon eye

Post by shadowwarmaan Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:56 pm

I posted up a thread just like this a few months ago but does the dragon eye ever work for anybody cause no one ever touches that summon sign and i need dragon scales
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Dragon eye Empty Re: Dragon eye

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 pm

For others to see the dragon eye they need to be near your sl and have no phantoms in their world. They also need to be human I think but I am not sure.

What is your sl? Go to heavy PvP areas and drop your eye sign someone is bound to pick it up.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Yes, it works. I got 89 scales in my main build in about 1 week. You don't need to be human, and it follows the same rule of the Red soapstone, except that you can't see a dragon eye if you have a phantom or an invader in your world, which means only 1 vs 1 fights

Try Painted world near the bonfire at SL 40 - 60, Kiln Sl 80 -130
    DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:25 pm

you can farm the scales from the drakes of valley of drakes
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Carphil wrote:Yes, it works. I got 89 scales in my main build in about 1 week. You don't need to be human, and it follows the same rule of the Red soapstone, except that you can't see a dragon eye if you have a phantom or an invader in your world, which means only 1 vs 1 fights

Try Painted world near the bonfire at SL 40 - 60, Kiln Sl 80 -130

thank you for the clarification brother!
    dominoboy
    dominoboy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dominoboy Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:13 pm

DJ_XHERO wrote:you can farm the scales from the drakes of valley of drakes

Yes that's right. Possibly a bit annoying since they may give 2 in one hunt but in the next give none, but it still is the quickest way. A good tip: try using a bleeding weapon - lifehunt scythe works just fine -
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:23 am

I've never summoned a Dragonoid, I don't want to lose my humanity.
    Bito
    Bito

Post by Bito Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:46 am

Yarxov wrote:I've never summoned a Dragonoid, I don't want to lose my humanity.
    Humanity can easily farmed btw
    and 1 v 1 Duel is pretty good IMO big grin
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:48 am

1. Don't want to farm
    2. With <1K health and either 75 or 35 poise I can't take a backstab or hit from 80% of the people out there, especially PvP builds
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:26 am

There's a lot of factors that stand against you being summoned from your Dragon Eye. First they have to meet the summoning requirements (like the ones Carp mentioned), then they have to be willing, and finally they have to not be invaded already.

In most places, people aren't looking to PvP, so there'd be no point dropping your Eye there. What you want is to place it in known dueling areas (Kiln, Painted World, Burg, Centipede Demon's door, etc, with varying degrees of popularity) to increase the chances of stumbling on someone who's looking for a duel.

Then the problem becomes that they could often get invaded before they get to your Eye, or even while trying to summon you. I'd often try to summon Dragons for a duel in the kiln, but I'd get invaded as soon as I walk off the stairs, so there's not a chance I'd make it to the sign. Best thing you can do is keep that in mind, and place your sign as close to where people enter the area, so they can summon you quickly before getting invaded.

And after all that, you have to remember to be in an area that's appropriate for your level... If you go to the Kiln at SL120, you'll get summoned a lot more than if you go at another SL. So if you're in it for the Dragon Torso, I definitely recommend farming Drakes! It's a lot faster. Then, once you have it, you can either keep using your Eye to duel, or you can join another covenant and keep using your torso stone.

(On an unrelated side-note: someone please slap me, I literally just wrote an essay.)
    Bito
    Bito

Post by Bito Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:34 am

BLA1NE wrote:There's a lot of factors that stand against you being summoned from your Dragon Eye. First they have to meet the summoning requirements (like the ones Carp mentioned), then they have to be willing, and finally they have to not be invaded already.

In most places, people aren't looking to PvP, so there'd be no point dropping your Eye there. What you want is to place it in known dueling areas (Kiln, Painted World, Burg, Centipede Demon's door, etc, with varying degrees of popularity) to increase the chances of stumbling on someone who's looking for a duel.

Then the problem becomes that they could often get invaded before they get to your Eye, or even while trying to summon you. I'd often try to summon Dragons for a duel in the kiln, but I'd get invaded as soon as I walk off the stairs, so there's not a chance I'd make it to the sign. Best thing you can do is keep that in mind, and place your sign as close to where people enter the area, so they can summon you quickly before getting invaded.

And after all that, you have to remember to be in an area that's appropriate for your level... If you go to the Kiln at SL120, you'll get summoned a lot more than if you go at another SL. So if you're in it for the Dragon Torso, I definitely recommend farming Drakes! It's a lot faster. Then, once you have it, you can either keep using your Eye to duel, or you can join another covenant and keep using your torso stone.

(On an unrelated side-note: someone please slap me, I literally just wrote an essay.)
    Good Post happy
    this explains everything

btw Centipede Demon fog is popular as Zero Poise Zone
    this is good place for testing full dragon form IMO

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:39 pm