Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Whknight
berkut
Gol
peaceful_sabre
8 posters

Does upgrading a shield really make a difference?

peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Does upgrading a shield really make a difference? Empty Does upgrading a shield really make a difference?

Post by peaceful_sabre Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Im curious. does upgrading a shield really make a difference? the amount it blocks stays the say doesn't it? all i say actually changing is the stability and how much help does that do? what my question is, what do you think we would ever get out of upgrading a shield, especially 'enchanting' it
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Does upgrading a shield really make a difference? Empty Re: Does upgrading a shield really make a difference?

Post by Gol Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Yup.

The regular path increase the stability.
    But if you chose another path it will increase the res for that element (and increase the stability too).
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Does upgrading a shield really make a difference? Empty Re: Does upgrading a shield really make a difference?

Post by berkut Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Actually, enchanting a shield can be quite helpful. Check out the shield pages on the wiki and look at your favorite shields, some people put a lot of effort into updating them with some excellent stats so you should be able to see what upgrade paths are right for you happy.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Yes, normal paths increases the stability which decreases the amount of stamina gets used up when you block. Taking a shield down an elemental path increases it's resistance to that element by a varying amount at the expense of keeping stability at the base (normal+0) amount. I don't mean to hate on Gol but it does not increase stability, I know because I was one of the people that filled out the shield upgrades.

In the case for attack type shields, say pierce for example, it funtions roughly the same as weapon upgrades so some scaling and major addtion additions.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:45 pm

I was pretty sure it increased the stability too, sorry. Proper Bow
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:48 pm

On some of them I wish it did to make up for the lack of elemental buff they recieve, but on alot of them it would give too much power. Just goes to show that they actually thought about what they wanted out of them.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Yeah it makes a huge difference, one of the most informative threads I've ever read here was Whknight's shields thread. When I got my solaire sunlight fire shield +5 with 90% fire resistance I cried like a baby. A hungry, angry baby.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:25 pm

I never uses shield, only the grass shield but on my back
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:30 pm

i still don't get why divine shields scale with int...
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:45 am

Don't think anyone does silly
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:08 am

So whats the point? Infortunaly the grass shield regent faster stamina
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:17 am

Knight said everything you need to know, If you doubt him, read his title.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 am