Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
BLA1NE
Hobo
Scudman_Slayer
menianoon
Dustofsaturn
IceIfrit666
10 posters

The best ally I've had in an invasion.

IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The best ally I've had in an invasion. Empty The best ally I've had in an invasion.

Post by IceIfrit666 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:21 am

I just had the funniest/best invasion ally ever.
    Two guys were farming us Darkmoons in Dark Anor Londo and we ended up on the stairs in the area before Ornstein. I went up to the area before you get the Dragon Bow and I saw a gift sent from Gwyn himself, a Vagrant. Not just a Vagrant, the most badassed Vagrant you will ever see.(Pardon the language.) It launched a Homing Soul Mass and killed the Phantom instantly. Each time the host used a CHSM the Vagrant went between us and tanked the damage.(This happened three times!) Eventually the Host got tired of the Vagrant and went after it. I ran in and with a BKGSword and hit the Host with a 2-hand running attack killing him instantly and saving my buddy, the Vagrant.
    Dustofsaturn
    Dustofsaturn
    Casual
    Casual

The best ally I've had in an invasion. Empty Re: The best ally I've had in an invasion.

Post by Dustofsaturn Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:46 am

My god... Those vagrants are bloody brilliant!
    menianoon
    menianoon

The best ally I've had in an invasion. Empty Re: The best ally I've had in an invasion.

Post by menianoon Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:50 am

That is freaking brilliant! Oh man, that must have been a riot to see.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:52 am

Now thats some luck

finding a giant vagrant and having it as an ally against the host and his friend no less

you lucky son of a gun
    Hobo

Post by Hobo Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:59 am

Once a damn unlucky guy invaded me right after I had summoned iron Tarkus on top of Sen's Fortress...Iron Tarkus is the most badass ally I've ever had in an invasion...but that vagrant thing...that's too awesome.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 am

lol Iron Tarkus is trash at PvP! I've killed him at least a half-dozen times when invading as Darkwraith! My win ratio vs Tarkus is literally 100%. silly

Same for Solaire.

I will say though: Tarkus is the man when it comes to taking out the Iron Golem. I'm pretty sure he does impossible amounts of damage with his greatsword.

Last edited by BLA1NE on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:04 am

Did I mention hate mail? There was hate mail.
    It stated that I am a homosexual, noob, and a coward that would never be able to kill him in a 1v1 fight.(Real message not being posted in fear of being banned.) Unsurprisingly, the next time I found him the two rushed me, the Phantom dying in one backstab and the guy I killed normally.Oh overconfident hosts, you so silly.
    Ser Winston
    Ser Winston

Post by Ser Winston Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:10 am

That's an amazing story. If only you could have caught it on recording.

Must have been a sight. A shame the hosts were so bratty about it, it could have been funny on both sides.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:15 am

Ser Winston wrote:That's an amazing story. If only you could have caught it on recording.

Must have been a sight. A shame the hosts were so bratty about it, it could have been funny on both sides.

Yeah, that's my only regret with that fight(and other awesome fights), but honestly I find idiot hosts like that all the time.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:05 am

some one said "giant vagrant" do they vary in size? the only one i've seen was the size of a crystal lizard. and it's attack reminded me of the stormkings squid shot from demons souls...
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 am

they do the longer they sit there the moree powerfull (and big) they get as far as i know
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 am

oh so if i see a vagrant can i let it sit there and grow bigger and if it grows will it be worth more soul or item wise?
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:14 am

as far i know they spawn when you're getting close to the area (a bit far you could say) so no you can't if you see one on the ground they're setter for that size and power :/
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:16 am

aww so i can't farm vagrants like that huh... anybody competed a spread sheet on vagrant spawn points mine was in front of the parishes altar
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:33 am

There's a list of locations on the wiki.

I don't think farming them would be a very viable tactic anyway! They're quite rare, you know... Skele babies, on the other hand, are abundant.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:35 am

and yield the same stuff: humanity, right? has anybody actually received anything of interest from one? like a weapon?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:35 am

This is the page:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Vagrants

It's vague about the drops though. I'm pretty sure they only drop humanities or twin humanities, but I've only ever faced one, so I could be wrong...
    Dark75Messiah
    Dark75Messiah

Post by Dark75Messiah Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:05 pm

The most helpful ally I've had so far was one of two guys I summoned to kill the Bell Tower Gargoyles. I've done this fight loads of times and all the pair have ever dropped are humanity, homeward bones, Gargoyle Tail Axe and Shield. It had never crossed my mind to de-tail the second gargoyle. Suffice to say I love my Gargoyle Tail Halberd a lot. So thanks that guy. God knows how powerful he was, he one shot the gargoyle as he removed the tail.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:12 pm

the necrobumper strikes again!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:15 pm

the second gargoyle starts out tailless... he just has a higher drop rate on the halberd than the armored one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 pm